New Member - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Hello everyone. I just recently aquired a 1982 Aspencade Gl 1100, The bike is in fairly good condition it has a few minor issues. does anyone have any good sources for parts? I have yet to decide to hold on to it or to sell it. I know nothing about these particular bikes. What is the going rate on these? I've done a little research on them, I've seen them selling from $500 to $6000. I asked a few dealers around where i live, all they wouldsay is "good luck finding parts" and tried to sell me a brand new one. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:13 PM

Post imported post

What parts are you looking for? servicehonda.com is good on pricing OEM. Ebay is excellent for hard to find chrome pieces or hard to find anything, usually. partsnmore.com was also realiable in 2 purchases from them. Go to google type in GL1100 whateverpartyouneed and it will usually bring up a few choices.

Darin
87 Suz Cavalcade LXE
81 GL1100
KDX200
YZ85 (sons)
KTM65 (sons)
XR70 (twin girls)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 12:00 PM

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum from Ont.,Canada
I don't think that there is anything you can't find somewhere for any older Wing.There is a few places that are dedicated to the older stuff,such as Vencowings and Raddak's.You can find the links on the site here or someone wil come along and post them for you.

If you have time you should put your location in your profile and someone in your area might have what you need.

Fatwing Chris
Darkside #1602
Gone Double Dark with a BT45
If I\'d have known it would last this long I would have taken better care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Year: 2008
Make: silverwing
Model: GL1100 1982
Post imported post

welcome to the best guys & gals in thte world, if they don't know it then it ain't worth knowing !

I also have a '82 aspencade with 52k on the clock and have had it for nearly 2 years these guys have kept me sane working on it

parts are available for it in the uk, so in it's home country, like it says made in the USA, there should not be a problem. All you have to do is ask, if they on't have it they'll know where to get it.

Anyway once you've got it on the road and ridden it you'll see whywe all love and hate them so much

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol, if this is reality for gods sake buy me a drink
C100/2(4) GT 380(6) C92 DT 175 Cz175 jawa350 XS250,650,750 CD175 CB250 tiger cub YP250(3) Z550Ltd GS500F xv750se
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I've road the bike a few times and your right i loved it when i was on it. Thanks for the tips on parts, I'm thinking of selling the bike. Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm afraid i have my hand on to many projects already. But it's still in the air for now
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 08:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2wings
Post imported post

Welcome from Carolina There is no shortage on parts; it may take a little research but you can find what you need.

Keep on Winging

John Young
92 GL 1500
On the hunt for a Red 2005 1800 with all the fixings
49 Wife ....Keeping the Wife, to much invested
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > New Members Introduction Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page