Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:49 AM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

Beverly wrote:
Quote:
Hello All! I'm Beverly, and I'm brand spankin new here. I'm new to Goldwings too.

Hugs all!
[align=center]
Howdy Beverly [/align]
[align=center]You are Very Welcome To The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. [/align]
[align=center]Plenty of 1200 Gurus on the Forum They will be forming a queue to help you with all your tech problems [/align]
[align=left][/align]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Redwing"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #33 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:55 AM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

schutz wrote:
Quote:
hey guys my name is shultz
[align=center]Howdy schutz [/align]
[align=center][shadow=lime]You are Very Welcome To The Worlds Grestest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] [/align]
[align=left][/align]

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:59 AM

Post imported post

Hello, I just bought my first Goldwing a 1981 gl1100 interstate. I just want to say hi and I look forward the experience.

Sammybrad
post #35 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Post imported post

schutz wrote:
Quote:
hey guys my name is shultz i do ride with a group of good guys i own a 1200 goldwing aspencade with a sidecar i have a few questions about a wobble i was told to get a dampner is this what i need to do need some answers i have a low speed wobble in the steering the sidecar is tracking true as we can get it thanks in advance for your advice
Hiya shultz, I ride an 84 GL1200 standard with terraplane sidecar attached. I get a low speed wobble at 20-25 mph. I've been told there's not much you can do about it. All sidecar rigs have a bit of wobble at a certain speed. And I'm usually going through that wobble range fast enough I don't notice it. If I have to travel any distance at that speed i lean forward as much as possible. The forward weight helps a lot.

I have a small shock absorber attached from the fork to the sidecar. Not sure if that's considered a steering damper or not. PM me if your interested and I could send you some pics. I also have a sidecar forks on the front of the bike. Shorter by about 6 inches than the regular forks. Helps in steering at low speed but doesn't do much for the wobble.

1984 GL1200 STD/Vetter sidecar
post #36 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 05:06 PM

Post imported post

thanks for letting me join I rode Harleys for years about 40 years ago and I now have a Goldwing and I am starting over I love to ride I live in Florida and tho it may seem a perfrct place to ride it has it's pitfalls bugs, rain, and idiots in cars
post #37 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Post imported post

Just joined and saying "HI" to everyone.

I have an '88 GL1500 at this time.

I have owned five or six Honda's over the years to include a GL1100. The Honda line has always provided the satisfaction and thrills I needed on the road! My 1500 is just fantastic!! One day, hopefully, a GL1800 will be in my future.document.write('[img]/forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/big_grin.gif[/img]

I hope to be a contributing member of this group.
Thanks for allowing me to join!!!

Boogie
post #38 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 AM

Post imported post

Really nice site - just found it.
post #39 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 AM

Post imported post

this looks to be a great site. lots of great info.
post #40 of 1310 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome. My ride is a 1984 Interstate. It's been difficult finding a mechanic / shop that will work on a bike this old. I guess they'd rather you buy a new one. I guess I'll need to break out the tools and DIY to keep her running so expect to see me posting on the tech forum for SOME HELP !!!!!

See ya in the wind.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > New Members Introduction Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page