Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Guy v2.0

900 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Rocketman911 
#1 ·
Sorry I hijacked my own thread last night... it was a bad day lol. So here goes, this time no personal hijacking.

Hey everyone, my name is Matt and I'm in Cincinnati, OH. I've had my 83 GL1100 for 4-5 years now. She's on the bench right now for new timing belts, carb clean and sync, valve adjustments, wheel, stem and swingarm bearings. Some other things too but mainly a big ole overhaul lol.

These boards have been a HUGE help with some of the tech aspects. I'm not new to turning wrenches but 95% of my bike work has been sport bike related.

And cause every intro thread needs some entertaining aspects...

My dog rides with me lol

And some photoshop fun from a few years ago. I had just finished gettin the track bike ready for an event and had just spent an hour or so figuring out how to get the carbs out of the wing... man oh man...

I'll be around more on here, this bike is going interesting places. Sneak peak of my ongoing leaner side car build. All from scratch. After the bike is all freshened up, I'm going to pick this project back up. It's been on hold for 1.5 years.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hallo matt750

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

#4 ·
Hi Matt 750, welcome to the site, lots of knowledge here. See you using one of the first tools I think to use, nothing like a tap or two with a hammer to help things along. Zip

#5 ·
So the side car mount will allow the bike to lean ? Interesting concept, but I suspect it can be done . Keep us in the loop please. Its nice to see the pup ride along with you . I have had my Pug ride short trips before but shes getting a bit old for it now. Enjoy your projects and visit often.

#7 ·
I'm using 3/4" heim joints, front and rear, to mount the car. The front has an offset and 90' elbow to help with the toe of the car when turning. I had to build a 4-2-1 exhaust in order to make clearance for the rear mount and rail.

Before I go any further, I am going to dye test all my structural welds to make sure all is sound. Initial test ride will be with cinder blocks... equivalent to the weight of a single male pit bull :laugh::laugh: My pup might be spoiled... haha. That's cool your dog rode too, I always get a kick when I see someone else doing so!

#10 ·
Welcome from Oklahoma Enjoy the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.