Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   New Members Introduction Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/11-new-members-introduction-forum/)
-   -   Old,old rider (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/11-new-members-introduction-forum/666393-old-old-rider.html)

OldAge 02-22-2019 12:41 PM

Old,old rider

OK. For those who haven't seen me on other forums, just want to say hello. I thought I would stop in here occasionally to keep in touch with the folks who have 1200's since I have a 86 Aspy that I have owned since 89. Even tho I may have to sell it (arthritis is a bi***) I have a very warm spot for it. It has treated me well.

Anyway, hello to all and let's go for a ride.

Al

trike lady 02-22-2019 01:29 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.
Keep your faithful Wing and get an Insta-trike or Voyager unit.

Bike...and Dennis 02-22-2019 01:42 PM

:welc:

dadztoy 02-22-2019 04:49 PM

:welc: Al,

Glad to have you here... Well, old age or not, at least your still riding - me too and I'm 73!!

Les

OldAge 02-22-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trike lady (Post 5824809)
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.
Keep your faithful Wing and get an Insta-trike or Voyager unit.

Well, the problem isn't in the legs. I already have a 1800 trike.

And an 1800 2 wheeler. And a 78 2 wheeler. See a pattern here? :laugh:
Unfortunately, they all have a clutch and my hands are starting to be a problem. My thoughts are that maybe I should sell off the herd and start over with something auto-shift. I certainly can't justify just adding another bike. Not and stay married. >:)

Anyway, my 86 is here in Fl. with me and I'm thinking that would be a good place to start. But who knows?

Al

OnaWingAndaPrayer 02-22-2019 06:29 PM

Hello and Welcome to the forum family. from central Fl. Visit often and enjoy the rides.

OldAge 02-22-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadztoy (Post 5824853)
:welc: Al,

Glad to have you here... Well, old age or not, at least your still riding - me too and I'm 73!!

Les

Ah, if only...........................I vaguely remember being 73. But then, I vaguely remember lots of things.:laugh::laugh:

Just noticed your location. We are almost neighbors. I am up by the Hernando airport.

Al

Bike...and Dennis 02-22-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldAge (Post 5824857)

Unfortunately, they all have a clutch and my hands are starting to be a problem. My thoughts are that maybe I should sell off the herd and start over with something auto-shift. I certainly can't justify just adding another bike. Not and stay married. >:)

Anyway, my 86 is here in Fl. with me and I'm thinking that would be a good place to start. But who knows?

Al

You sound like the perfect candidate for one of those new clutch-free "Wings.

trike lady 02-22-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldAge (Post 5824857)

Al

They have an electric shifter available, that might be the way to go.
http://www.pingelonline.com/prodcat/...c-shifters.asp

Rickf1985 02-23-2019 11:18 AM

How does that electric shifter work? I see the solenoid for the shifter but how does it work the clutch. That is what Oldage is talking about and something I can relate to. I went to the Pingel site but it says absolutely nothing about the clutch.