Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring the Goldwing Back to the States

11K views 78 replies 24 participants last post by  pcfix_3 
#1 ·
imported post

I would like to know how the problems in Japan will effect the production of the New Goldwing and how much more it will cost the comsumer? Also will Honda will ever recover from this problems in Japan.I feel Honda should have had a back up plan but again no one did all parts and automobile manufacture are feeling the problems of this disaster. I feel Honda needs to bring back the Goldwing to the US the reason we were their test bed for the bike and actually it was built for the US market. Let he American Goldwing riders help in the design of the next generation Goldwing because Honda right now hasn't got it right at all there isn't much light on the trunk and the saddle bags.If you are going down the road and hit the brakes you want someone to see you don't you ? Those little lights don't cut it and those pointed bags suck too any how send the Goldwing back here and let us design it and maybe a baby Wing like a 1200cc smaller wing with new technology who knows, Have a Blessed Day

#2 ·
imported post

Think about this . . .

Honda took the GoldWing plant back to Japan.

The GoldWings' manufacturing plant weight
was the "Last straw on the Camels back".

Thatweightshifted the island just enough,
it triggered the earthquake. :whip:

NOW YOU KNOW!

#3 ·
imported post

I am with you on that one bro! It wasn't the best move for them. The cost of rebuilding japan will most likely keep them from coming. And the sales of the new wing to China will do well. America is predicted to go into the tank and non of us will have the money to do anything. And we let the dumb a**'s keep spending. Their move was made cause america is out of control, we were a good market at one time. The worst is ahead. 50% or higher unemployed.

#4 ·
imported post

i dont understand the move myself and further more i saw the pics of the 2012 wing and the sure messed that one up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it just me or does it look like the riped off bmw on the front end ?????but the point was made that it really falls back on our government and how their screwing all of us and we just have to sit here and be unhappy about it :bow::bow::bow::bow:

#6 ·
imported post

we keep it up and china will take over the US and wont even fire a shot to do it ,, they will just open the i.o.u. book

#7 ·
imported post

Why don't we just default on the loan alot of the countries we helped rebuild after world war 2 have we haven't been paid back for rebuilding those countries let's open the IOU on them. I was watching 700 club Pat Robinson said that if the money we owe and started when Jesus walked the earth we still will be paying the loan off that is scary.

#8 ·
imported post

Freddie Johnston wrote:
The problem there isn't anyone in the Government that has any balls and say no to all this spending and do away to NAFTA we might as well start learning how to speak Chinese they own us and ride mopeds and bikes.
OH but they sure got the kahoonahs to say YES!
. . . and THAT is the problem, there allyes-men.

Is it time to pull out the Treason papers?
That sure sounds like a movie title like "The Valachi Papers".

#13 ·
imported post

ebanjo

That's what almost all us are saying also.

Curious, have Americans actually become that lazy where we can't/won't do somethings?

I would love to head the American built Wing but as we all know that takes LOTS of money.

The reason I say I is I try to keep to the middle of the road on the wants & needs of my customers. I offer optional suggestions and solutions to 'whatevers' and let the customer decide what they want, within reason of the overall job.

It be the same with the touring motorcycle. Granted space is at a premium due to its overall size and what most of us want to tote along. But adding just a smidge more room here and there allows for a larger radio or an extra jacket/pants/tarp etc.. Some want to pull trailers so the frame size, shape and strength must be considered. Let's not forget toe and leg room, passenger space, wind vortices, on-n-on.

Thenthere are those who only want it as a day ride vehicle and don't need all that room. That's where two models should be built, eg:the Valkyrie.

Then there's the issue of engine. Size, configuration, number of gears, ease of maintenance and/or rebuildability. I'm a mechanic at heart and would LOVE to be able to fix things quickly and inexpensively, unso with the current Wings.
Take the hardley for example:
Motor and trans is separate. Got problems with one or the other, simply R-&-R it. An exchange program could be had like starters and alternators.In my book (mechanical speaking) that's one of the biggest reasons for harley stay in business. EZ to work on.

In all basics, it is a motorcycle.It's a cycle with a motor.
THEN we add on our items of choice.
More items means larger Motor Cycle, etc..

So there's a lot to think aboutthan just building it.
Gotta start somewhere.:byebye:

#15 ·
imported post

I'm for a American Goldwing but getting someone to fund the money for R&D don't use a v-twin there are thousands of engine concepts out there and engines out there if someone would just take a moment and look. Make the next Wing liter and more nimble do we really need air bags on a bike? And Sat nav what happened to reading a map have we got so lazy that we can't read a simple road map come on America

#18 ·
imported post

Freddie Johnston wrote:
You want to see crap hitting our shores look at China alot of it is junk and what kinda of quality will the Goldwing be then.
OH NO! . . . - - - . . . Well maybe.

Of all the mass produced 'anything', I have noticed, after a given time the product was categorically cheapened to a point where no one wanted it. Parts easily broke,:shock: came loose, inferior materials, etc.. It will inevitablyhappen to our beloved future Wings, we just don't know when, hopefully not to soon.

__It all depends, (i don't wear'm)on Honda if they have the 'want' to keep making the best motorcycle ever produced.
__It all depends "IF" we customers continue to purchase the product.
__It also depends "IF" the complainers stay few to none. Too many & the qualitybubblebursts.

Who knows, . . . who really knows? :?

( anyone visit a fortune teller lately to ask ???:baffling:)

#20 ·
imported post

We need a probem solving ,your fired kinda guy, I loved Perot cause he was a smart businessman who would have kept us on the right track,and Honda would still be here. Trump I believe he hsa the right stuff to get this sinking ship to harbor and thruogh repairs. I have not been fond of him at all but if he say's he could pull it off,he probably will if given the position to do so.

#21 ·
imported post

Freddie Johnston wrote:
You want to see crap hitting our shores look at China alot of it is junk and what kinda of quality will the Goldwing be then.
The majority of Chinese made products that find their way to Ireland are sheer rubbish. Childrens toys with poisonous paint and bits of metal poking out of them, cameras and phones that fall apart very quickly. I for one am not impressed.
The Goldwings made in America were made with pride. Made in China would be made in a hurry.

#23 ·
imported post

I can see in the distance future grandpa and grandson inside a museum grandpa what is that?Grandpa speaks that is a 2012 Honda Goldwing .The first Goldwing Honda manufactured after sending it back to Japan it use to be made here in America by Americans but when it stopped being made here and manufacturing went back to Japan it didn't get the input from the American consumer to help with design ideas and they came up with this piece of crap after trying to sell this bike and trying sales incentives to push sales Honda just stopped selling the bike and people that had the bike found out after awhile parts were getting just about impossible to get to keep it running and most are sitting in junk yards and old barns rusting because you cannot get parts for them.So grandson use to be the best bike made but you see Honda lost interest in the American public and later Americans lost interest in Honda after they gave America the business.

#25 ·
imported post

I think that one thing the new 2012 will have in abundance is quality control. I am really looking forward to seeing it live, and not just a photo.:action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.