The "I Got Home OK THread" - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

I got to my area @ 1:30, after crossing at Fort Erie at 10:00.

I'll echo everyone else's sentiment that this year's NASSIR was a well oiled affair, thanks to Dennis, Patty, their children, Wayne and all the others that stepped up to the plate. Although I didn't do much riding, didn't take even1 photo, I had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting lots of members I never met before.

I'd also like to thank Goldwinger, for setting aside his riding plans to Hamburg and offering to accompany me down. Thanks again, Chuck!

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Post imported post

No problem Ken, glad I could help in some small way.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM

Year: 1985
Make: Honda
Model: 85 Aspencade
Post imported post

Another great meet under our belts. Thanks to D-rod & button Lady who hosted a fine Nassir.

Nice meeting new members and previously met members.... I am trying to be politically correct.... who is calling who "OLD"

At the next Nassir meet you will all be new again at least to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM

Model: 1800
Post imported post

Just got home, safe and sound, maybe a little heat exhausted. Man did it get hot this afternoon. Special thanks to the hosts, hostests and all the assistance. It was really great to see ole and new forum members. One time I use to think that you were all clean and wholesome folks. (Red do you really know what you got youself into) It was my pleasure to see you'all again and I hope to see ya again next year.

I like my Trike....also have a 2008 Honda VXT1300
also have a 2003 Honda GL 1800
also had a 1987 Honda Gl 1200
also had a 1986 Honda Sei1200
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:21 PM

Post imported post

Made it home safely in a bit over nine hours 492 plus miles.. I thought I'd save some time jumping off I-90 near Albany, NY and taking my old favorite route out of Troy NY through New York, Vermont and New Hampshire.. Lovely up/down/twisty mountain roads.. only 153 miles but with traffic it took me three and a half hours Twas a bit of fun in the twisty uncontested parts, unfortunately those were few and far inbetween

I felt like I pushed my envelope a bit far with the milage and adding in the twisty bits at the end, was perhaps not a good choice. I was a beat puppy when I rollered into the driveway in Bedford, NH at 7:00 PM

Great time I wish I had planned better and could have stayed longer.. I wanted to ride on the maid of the Mist too

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Token Canuk

Model: 1996 SE
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 96aspencade Send a message via Skype™ to 96aspencade
Post imported post

Yep, another vote for a job well done, we made it through a few warm showers , great to see the "old" faces and some new ones too, Glad to see some new "Screech" members:blacks tuff: - Oh ya, thanks Motrocycle Pete, I got it.
Bob & Barb

Retired Paramedic - 35 yrs
Never had a bad day riding-Just some better than others!!
DD # 1138
30,000 miles - Formosa,
'96 GL 1500 SE - 260,k km
Goodyear Assurance (175/60/16), now on my 2nd
'84 Shadow VT 750c - 35,k km- BF Goodrich Radial TA
'90 Suzuki Intruder 750 88,k km
'85 GL 1200 Aspencade - 185,k km
'83 Shadow 500
'70 Kawasaki KE-125
'?? Suzuki 80

(Skid Prevention/ Emergency Techniques)
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:49 PM

Location: Fromerly-Rhode Island. Currently, Kansas City KS USA
Year: 1998
Model: Goldwing SE
Post imported post

Ray, too bad you didn't come with us after breakfast yesterday...we had a blast! That was an awesome experience.

I got home about 4:30, had an interesting ride home. Jgrif72 and I left under threatening skies, rode through some spitting, some sprinkling, some pouring and some sitting out a deluge of Biblical proportions under an overpass, only to get ahead of the storm front and get baked in the sun! Would the Moderators please provide a little moderation here???

But be that as it may....Winger77>>>I installed the gremlin bell last night while trying to organize things for a quick and early departure, and it worked as advertised...got home with no issues! Thanks!

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed myself so much! It was SO cool to arrive in a strange place and be made to feel so welcome by so many "strangers", many of whom I seemed to have known for years. I wish it could have gone on for a couple of weeks!I just pray I'll be able to get out to the next one. Washington is a loooong way off!

Thanks to D-Rod and Button Lady, you guys did a phenomenal job! I know it was a lot of hard work, and you didn't get to enjoy yourselves as much as we all did...just remember>>>what goes around, comes around! That should work for the good as well as the bad!

I'll have more to say...right now I'm fading fast!

Scott
1990 GL1500A
1982 GL 1100I "Phoenix"
1984 VF 1100 Magna (rocket ship)sold
Road Captain,CMA Chapter
God\'s Posse
Luke 19:10

post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM

Post imported post

I knew the WX for New York was for rain on Friday, that is why I left on Thursday.. I really wanted to ride the Maid of the Mist, later I guess..

I had hot clear weather all the way..

My Aero leathers and Air shirt worked great !!

Ray
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Post imported post

Goldwings 4 Ever and Shadows 4 Ever home safe and sound. Got in around 3:30 but sorta dropped off fo a couple of hours. NASSIR 3 was a great time, made that way by the hard work of Button Lady, D-Rod and their family and helpers. Thank You all for a wonderful time.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

I cheated!!!!

I took the Southwest Cattle Car but they now have a perfect record, 2 flights out of 2 flights with perfect scores on customer friendliness and service on 5 hour non-stop flights.

Makes me want to go fly again tomorrow with them

We made good time returning to Phoenix, the god of the Winds looked upon us favorably and we touched down with a perfect landing 26 minutes before we were scheduled to arrive. Not bad.

Returning to Reality!

yes, the coolness of the upper NY lake region does not extend down to my home.

hope everyone has made it home, or is having a very safe ride back and returns home in one piece.

That includes you Ray and Tracy. ATGATT helps you know

AND, this cannot go with thanking Button Lady and D-Rod for their exquisite hospitality, genuine friendliness and going "way over the border" with making sure everyone could enjoy themselves.

Add to that, D-Rod lent me Button Lady's GL1500 for the whole week!!

You just can't get any better on the hospitality wagon that loaning out your own ride to someone stranded at a rally

~ John

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page