2011 NASSIR 4 Information - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

The location of NASSIR 4 will held in the great state of Washington in the Puget Sound area.

The host for NASSIR 4 will be Jluvs2dive.

The date will be around the same time frame as this years event but will be announced as soon as possible. (TBD)

More information will be provided in this thread once details are completed.

John is working on details and will post information as soon as he has concrete information.

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Thanks Bill!

Cyote61 and his Mrs., swampfoxcws& his Mrs, and D-Rod and Button Lady have set the bar high with the first three NASSIR's! I'm not sure I can live up to the level they have set, but I will do all I can to make this event an enjoyable and memorable time for all that can attend. Fortunately this area is full of beautiful scenery and an incredible diversity of things to do. I'm sure nobody will be bored. If you've never been to the Northwest, this will be a great time for a visit.

If any of you are willing and able to offer any assistance with any of the preparation or during the event, I would love to hear from you. UBarW is already hard at work on the design for the t-shirts & buttons and as always is doing a fantastic job. D-Rod and Button lady have already volunteered to make and donate the buttons for the event again! You guys rock!

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 AM

Garage
Post imported post

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I can finally make it to one of these shindigs !!!

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 AM

Model: '84 Aspencade
Post imported post

Don't know if I can make that from PCB....but Puget Sound? Wow....smoked smelt, Dungeness, Cold Oly's, Pike Place Market, Anacortes, San Juan de Fuca....all wonderful places and food. Spent six months in Seattle at Commercial Diving School and for an Alabama redneck it was a wonderful six months. Here's an early wish for smooth planning, flawless execution, and many wonderful rides and memories. I only pray that I can swing the trip. Maybe....just maybe...hook up with my big brother John in Mesa and ride up with him.

Mark
1984 GL 1200 Aspencade

To live you must be willing to die - Amir Vahedi

My father gets smarter everyday that he's gone.

I worried that I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 PM

Post imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Quote:
If any of you are willing and able to offer any assistance with any of the preparation or during the event, I would love to hear from you.

John, I would love to help out in any way I can. I was thrilled to hear that #4 will be right here in my own back yard! I'm still pretty new here but love reading about all the good times and great fun had by all at these events. I can't wait!

Let me know...

Mike

'95 PC800 Pacific Coast

'88 GL1500
'84 GL1200 Aspencade
'83 Nighthawk 550
'84 V65 Magna

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to find it's not them
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 PM

Location: Fromerly-Rhode Island. Currently, Kansas City KS USA
Year: 1998
Make: Honda
Model: Goldwing SE
Post imported post

Ok, John...I have to add to the work you have to do.
Please put me on your prayer list that I can get out there!
I had a BLAST at NASSIR 3, and I'd hate to miss another one, but it'll take a miracle for me to make it the 3062.68 miles out there.
Having learned from my solo trip to Hamburg...I want a navigator on board, that can read directions while in motion! I've grown to hate those "emergency stopping only" signs.

Scott
1990 GL1500A
1982 GL 1100I "Phoenix"
1984 VF 1100 Magna (rocket ship)sold
Road Captain,CMA Chapter
God\'s Posse
Luke 19:10

post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 PM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

I've gotcha covered Scooter. Like you, it'll be tough for many of us east coast guys to take the time to ride out there and back, so I'm gonna have my old man drag a trailer out there big enough to haul several bikes. We'll ride out, fly back, and pops will drag the bikes back for a reasonable fee!

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 PM

Location: Fromerly-Rhode Island. Currently, Kansas City KS USA
Year: 1998
Model: Goldwing SE
Post imported post

I'm weighing my options. I'm going to twist my wife's arm until she agrees to come this time. Problem with that is...up to this point, she's not too comfortable on the highway, even around home.
So my options are bring a couple of rolls of duct tape to secure and quiet her, and ride on, install a hitch on my Grand Cherokee and trailer the bike there, or fly out, and either rent a bike (if possible), or go without one( not a very desirable option, having seen CJ's pics of that area...I wanna ride!) All of these options are expensive, the least so being the investment in duct tape! lol

Thanks Sean! Hopefully we can take a sweet ride together in the great Northwest!

Scott
1990 GL1500A
1982 GL 1100I "Phoenix"
1984 VF 1100 Magna (rocket ship)sold
Road Captain,CMA Chapter
God\'s Posse
Luke 19:10

post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

You gotta ride it Scooter,,,,,,,,, there's nothing like crossing those long lonely prairies . And then when you go over the top of a 10-12,000 ft pass,,,,,,,,

Life don't get no better.

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
wjw

Year: 1993
Model: GL1500A
Post imported post

for rentals look at http://www.eaglerider.com/they have 1800s, STs and HDs for about $625.00 for 5 days, you can see several locations in the northwest.

WJW
1993 GL1500A
1992 YAMAHA SEROW 225
1975 SUZUKI GT185
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page