NASSIR 3 recap - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Post imported post

Yes I should have,but I thought maybe you had seen enough of me for this year.It was brutal hot,so we bailed back to the mountains pretty quick.Wasn't much cooler,but there was more shade.Next time for sure.

Fatwing Chris
Darkside #1602
Gone Double Dark with a BT45
If I\'d have known it would last this long I would have taken better care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

Every time I read these posts from the NASSIR M&G's, plus looking at all the wonderful pictures, I kick myself for not making any of them....Sounds like I need to make one soon......

I had a co -worker that lived here that on his vacations he would go his "real" home in SC, and he would bring back several Gallons of that SC "Juice".......This other buddy of mine was riding with me to and from work in my old 68 Chevy truck....That afternoon I hit this pot hole and Larry looks over and said to me "Be real careful how you hit them holes".....Opened his lunch kit and had two quart glass bottles of SC "juice" in it....Man I slowed down to 30 mph in a 55 mph zone......... Didn't want to see if it was home brewed rocket fuel......Larry let me have a nip of it when I dropped him off.....I took a good sized swallow......Man it took me two days to get my eyes to uncross, and several days to get my throat to get healed.....Man that was some really GOOD "Juice"......SMOOOOTHHHHHHHHHH....:cheeky 1:

Claude.....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL-1800A
Garage
Post imported post

redbaron wrote:
Quote:
Every time I read these posts from the NASSIR M&G's, plus looking at all the wonderful pictures, I kick myself for not making any of them....Sounds like I need to make one soon......

I had a co -worker that lived here that on his vacations he would go his "real" home in SC, and he would bring back several Gallons of that SC "Juice".......This other buddy of mine was riding with me to and from work in my old 68 Chevy truck....That afternoon I hit this pot hole and Larry looks over and said to me "Be real careful how you hit them holes".....Opened his lunch kit and had two quart glass bottles of SC "juice" in it....Man I slowed down to 30 mph in a 55 mph zone......... Didn't want to see if it was home brewed rocket fuel......Larry let me have a nip of it when I dropped him off.....I took a good sized swallow......Man it took me two days to get my eyes to uncross, and several days to get my throat to get healed.....Man that was some really GOOD "Juice"......SMOOOOTHHHHHHHHHH....:cheeky 1:

Claude.....
Funny you brought up the juice, I almost brought a qt along to Hamburg but I was afraid someone would get too deep into it and turn liquid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GWRRA 327965
Rider Ed Level 4 #8529 (Master)
Darksider #1491
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

i'm sorry I didn't post my message sooner, a lotta things to catch up on after we got back home.

well I had the best time ever and i dont joke when I say I will always remember this trip. I think maybe this year i was old enough to understand/appreciate all the work you all put into these things to make it fun for all of us. Button Lady was a baga nerves at the start and she looked happy at the end when it had all went well. she and Dennis put a lot of work in and they looked over every detail.

my dad had a hard time trying to talk to everybody and i never woulda thought it would be so time consuming for him and still not get to spend more time with all the people who were there. he doesnt like speeches or attention and, but i think he did okay.

the only 2 mishaps were the delay at the Canada border coming back into the USA, but it was only about half an hour and the man in charge was okay and he let us go quickly when they found out that the green slips are not used anymore.

the other mishap was in one of the malls when we went in the apple store buying my ipad. i had bought a pair of nike shoes and left the bag on the floor in the apple store so i could play with the gadgets. some teenager stole the shoes while my back was turned and slinked out the door. but i caught up with the fecker outside and got them back. somebody called the mall security man and hewanted my dad to fill out a report but dad wasnt interested in any of that red tape because we had the shoes back and no harm done. he was just a bit annoyed at me for goin after yer man in case he might have a gun, but sure when someone is making off with your hard earned $82 shoes you dont think about things like that.

at the end of the day it was a great holiday all through the few days in Hamburg and travelling after that. thanks Wayne for loaning us his bike, Patty & Dennis and their family for all they did. thanks to Rudy for fixing it so the phone we bought would make calls to Ireland so i could find out what was going on, thanks to Flyone, Flygirl, Madi and SB in SC for making a fun auction and thanks to everyone who paid over the odds for the auction stuff so their money can pay for hosting package costs and for when someone has an accident.

special thanks to those who sneaked me alcohol and who's names will remain secret (see you next year). that Canadian moosemilk tasted good. officially i had 2 of them but it was more like 6 and a bottle to take home for cold and cough cure would have been nice.

anyway all can say again is thank you, thank you, thank you all for a great time and memories.

Dylan Saunders.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Model: GL1800
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
some teenager stole the shoes while my back was turned and slinked out the door. but i caught up with the fecker outside and got them back.
How did you get the shoes back junior, did he just hand them over? And how old was he?

Tom, GL1800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

choppas wrote:
Quote:
wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
some teenager stole the shoes while my back was turned and slinked out the door. but i caught up with the fecker outside and got them back.
How did you get the shoes back junior, did he just hand them over? And how old was he?
Most ofthe world population knows better than to get an Irishman angry.

Len
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

choppas wrote:
Quote:
wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
He tapped the guy on the sholder and "loafed" him, which means he head butted him in the nose.

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM

Location: Fromerly-Rhode Island. Currently, Kansas City KS USA
Year: 1998
Make: Honda
Model: Goldwing SE
Post imported post

QDaddy wrote:
Quote:
SB - great job on the auction. You "persuaded" me to contribute to a great cause even more than I had intended. Glad I brought along a little extra pocket change. I haven't brought myself to try that mason jar of God-knows-what from down south yet.
One word, Joe...Smoooth!!

Scott
1990 GL1500A
1982 GL 1100I "Phoenix"
1984 VF 1100 Magna (rocket ship)sold
Road Captain,CMA Chapter
God\'s Posse
Luke 19:10

post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote "the only 2 mishaps were the delay at the Canada border coming back into the USA"

I am pretty sure the delay was at the US border with the US border guards. As Canada would never impede the entrance of two such find young Irishmen as you and your Dad.

Glad you had a good time. I think I can safely say all who attended had a great time.

Hopefully we can do it again next year.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior Guru

Model: GL1800, GL1500, GL1200
Post imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Quote:
[b]choppas wrote:
He tapped the guy on the sholder and "loafed" him, which means he head butted him in the nose.[/quote]

Good for you Dylan, good to know you "used your head" in a difficult situation. Any complications afterwards? Come on we all want to know the full story.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page