How do you describe awesome??? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1981
Make: Honda
Model: 1100
Garage
Post imported post

Did not think I would be able to make it at all. My ride still has a short in it and just got home from a month on the road.
Logged onto the forum to see how yall werea doin and caught wind Hawggy had a tire problem and was out on the 84 in the Dalles OR. I was thinking he is close and wanted to offer my help and shop to get things going for him.
So ... contacting John (jluvs2dive) I was put in touch with Flyone. These rhinos were in my backyard and waiting for Hawggy and Deb to catch up. They were just a hop skip and a jump from me so off I went with trailer and truck to see what I could do.
Hawggy rolls in at the best Western in Battleground and we all agreed it would not be wise to proceed two up with the tire that was on the bike. They had a tire that had little clearance to the swing arm and had lodged a bit of debris which in turn cut into the tire.
In my haste to meet Flyone and the rest I had grabbed the enclosed trailer to cover the fact we were going to haul a goldwing. Only it was too short for the 1500. Off to home and back with a flatbed.
I was excited as I now had the opportunity to get to NASSIR 4.
Deb and Bob got to hear earful (sorry) and had alot of positive input (thank you soo much).
John and the Rhinos got real busy on getting the tire changed and in a few short hours Hawggy was back in the saddle.
Got to have a bit of BBQ, and had a good time with the table mates.
On the way home I found I was in need of a lot more help than I had given as the input shaft on my trans had gone out. I will not go into detail at how much trouble I was in but I was on the verge of losing my truck and trailer. I made a panic call to Flyone and by morning..
Hawggy,Longboater,Bill Smith had come to my aid!!! WOW! My own family wasn't going to help.. I was lucky to get with the last of my money a tow to WalMart.
I cannot express to the degree it should the thankfulness and compassion I felt when three guys from this forum showed up to help me!!!!
I had set out to help not have to be helped.
Bob, Ned, Bill, May God protect you in all your en-devours I will never forget my new good friends.
Bill towed my trailer back to my house! 320 miles round trip for him!
Ned used his AAA to get my truck too my house!!! Plus bought me lunch.
Bob I am positive was master minding the aid to me, You Are the Man and my prayers will always be with you. And Thank you guys ever so much!

This is just one mans opinion about this forum and the people on it!! Awesome!
My eyes are a blurr, and I am a grateful recipient of this forums bountiful aid.

They are all perfect
Last samuri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Post imported post

Very nice.

Gun totin', motorcycle ridin', whisky drinkin', meat eatin' American. That's who I am...
2000 Valkyrie
1987 GL1200
1996 Motoguzzi Cali
Joined the Darkside-03.28.2010
Iron Butt Association, #38226
Robert Morris Lodge #97F&AM
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 PM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Post imported post

Bobalou it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope you got the truck fixed.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

One good deed deserves another...You were so willing to help us out in our time of need that there was no way on this God green Earth that we were leaving you alone when you needed assistance.

The Bill you refer to is in fact Bob Smith..AKA..Goldwings4ever..One heck of a guy...and I cqn't say enough about our good friend Longboater ( Ned)

Thats is what this forum is all about..Friends helping friends...God Bless you all.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Been thinking of ya'll....again.

They are all perfect
Last samuri
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Hope all is well on your front..

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

I am doing a remodel with a potential lead into fipping houses. And am currently not driving for anyone. Doing class's for getting my bike endorsment,CDL, and a bit of ministry education. Hope to assemble some pic's, just replaced my camera (dog ate it,the last one). Money is slow but I am getting caught up. Hard to not get side tracked. The randomness is keeping my spirits up and have been getting a few miles in on the bike.

They are all perfect
Last samuri
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 AM
The Irish Crew

Post imported post

That's a good story bobalou, thanks for sharing it with us.

Dave Heffernan.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Heffo wrote:
Quote:
That's a good story bobalou, thanks for sharing it with us.
actually the connections in this forum are priceless. The story is all true and I probably left a few important details out. Since I have recieved help in another situation, found myself miles from home, delay after delay on getting home till I recieved help again from this forum... I am sold that the people here are the cream of what Humanity has to offer.

They are all perfect
Last samuri
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page