NASSIR - what to do??? - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Post imported post

tybme wrote:
Quote:
So I thought I'd ask - what kind of things have you seen at other motorcycle rallys/events that you would like to see at future NASSIR events?

We've all heard/done/seen things like "slow rides" "burn out pits" and "dyno testing" - what else?
Let's hear your ideas!!!!


In case you weren't sure what any of my examples were here are some links to help you out.

Dyno -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuq7Brj9SbA
Slow Ride -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95nosCHWI2c
Burn Out -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1U9k...eature=related


by the way - you will NOT get me to enter a burn out contest - to many videos of burn outs gone bad.
So where's the party going to be? I'm guessing that the Kettle Campground will be the gathering ground for outdoor events. I know we have a few 'pittmasters' in this crowd! We could even enlist a few beer and wine wenches to serve things up at the 'wing jousting' event... ;-))
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
 
Hawggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
Model: 07 GL1800
Posts: 1,703
Garage
Post imported post

Quote:
So where's the party going to be? I'm guessing that the Kettle Campground will be the gathering ground for outdoor events.
For those of us in the Motel..will there be an entry fee to get into this campground each time we go in?



We were charged each time at the Park last year in Orchard park.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hawggy is offline  
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Halfling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA
Model: 2003 GL1800A
Posts: 5,319
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

That's a very good question Hawggy! That WAS irratating wasn't it! I will see if I can find out and let everyone know.

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Halfling is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Senior Member
 
redbaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Model: GL-1500
Posts: 10,253
Post imported post

Poker runs OH MY!!!! I've done so many of those it was unreal....Some clubs used like empty wooden coke cases with ping pong balls, each of the 24 holes had a different value, draw a card at the next stop, then throw a dart at the next stop, etc...Some of those poker runs were something else...Our club had a hidden object game, you couldn't ride 500 mph, because you needed to keep it at a sane pace...

Example one of the "Hidden objects" was on the "Clue List" as "Three steps to nowhere"....At one time there was this house on the side of the road, the rose bushes were still there, and quite pretty I might add, but all was left of that house was the concrete steps up to the porch...Three steps to nowhere..!!!!!!

Now everyone might near carries a digital camera so taking a picture would work...But with any poker run, you will need people to volunteer to man the different stops...There used to be a motorcycle club at one of the bases in San Antonio, Texas, This club gave away some really fantastic prizes, each stop on that 300 mile ride was something different...They gave away 20 trophies....First place was like a $2000.00 Savings bond, along with like a set of riding gear....Top 10 places it was money, a very nice trophy,and something for your bike...10th through 20th was like a $50.00 saving bond and a verynice plaque...

My wife won 9th place I won 10th place, we came home with two savings bonds, and two nice trophy's, I also won "Best Dressed bike" in my class, and we won "Best dressed couple"...We had some really nice outfits, won several contests with those suits..

So it doesn't have to be just straight cards it can be different things....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....


Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
redbaron is offline  
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Post imported post

Halfling wrote:
Quote:
That's a very good question Hawggy! That WAS irratating wasn't it! I will see if I can find out and let everyone know.
Hopefully it won't be more than a couple of bucks per day? (we could always sneak inthe others hidden inside our trunks... ;-))
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
 
Hawggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
Model: 07 GL1800
Posts: 1,703
Garage
Post imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Quote:
Halfling wrote:
Quote:
That's a very good question Hawggy! That WAS irratating wasn't it! I will see if I can find out and let everyone know.
Hopefully it won't be more than a couple of bucks per day? (we could always sneak inthe others hidden inside our trunks... ;-))
I wouldn't mind a flat rate pass..Like 10 Bucks for the timeline..we are booked in to the Motel for 7 nights..and I know we will be visiting the campsite quite often, if that is where the majority of events are to take place..

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hawggy is offline  
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Halfling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA
Model: 2003 GL1800A
Posts: 5,319
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

I called the campground this morning and here's the update: If we are talking about casual visitation which seems to be defined as coming in to have a burger and sit around the campfire kind of thing then it's "no charge". Of course he was quick to point out that it meant "no pool" and utilization of any other ammenities. If we want to have any sort of "event" at the picnic ground or horseshoe pits then that would have to be pre-scheduled and a rate determined (I'll leave any of that up to Flyone and his team).

So, bottom line is we can certainly have guests from the motel crew visit the campsites at no charge!

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Halfling is offline  
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Post imported post

Halfling wrote:
Quote:
I called the campground this morning and here's the update: If we are talking about casual visitation which seems to be defined as coming in to have a burger and sit around the campfire kind of thing then it's "no charge". Of course he was quick to point out that it meant "no pool" and utilization of any other ammenities. If we want to have any sort of "event" at the picnic ground or horseshoe pits then that would have to be pre-scheduled and a rate determined (I'll leave any of that up to Flyone and his team).

So, bottom line is we can certainly have guests from the motel crew visit the campsites at no charge!
I knew you'd get to the bottom of it! Way to go Chief... ;-))
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
 
Hawggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
Model: 07 GL1800
Posts: 1,703
Garage
Post imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Quote:
Halfling wrote:
Quote:
I called the campground this morning and here's the update: If we are talking about casual visitation which seems to be defined as coming in to have a burger and sit around the campfire kind of thing then it's "no charge". Of course he was quick to point out that it meant "no pool" and utilization of any other ammenities. If we want to have any sort of "event" at the picnic ground or horseshoe pits then that would have to be pre-scheduled and a rate determined (I'll leave any of that up to Flyone and his team).

So, bottom line is we can certainly have guests from the motel crew visit the campsites at no charge!
I knew you'd get to the bottom of it! Way to go Chief... ;-))
+ 1 well done John

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hawggy is offline  
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee, , USA
Model: GL 1500
Posts: 1,086
Post imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Quote:
Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Quote:
Halfling wrote:
Quote:
That's a very good question Hawggy! That WAS irratating wasn't it! I will see if I can find out and let everyone know.
Hopefully it won't be more than a couple of bucks per day? (we could always sneak inthe others hidden inside our trunks... ;-))
I wouldn't mind a flat rate pass..Like 10 Bucks for the timeline..we are booked in to the Motel for 7 nights..and I know we will be visiting the campsite quite often, if that is where the majority of events are to take place..
Don't care for squeezing into tight spaces 'eh?
Wingmaster Shamus is offline  
Closed Thread

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going to and/or from NASSIR 5 FM NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum 25 07-20-2012 08:53 PM
I have been looking... What is NASSIR? ghostvet NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum 9 05-30-2012 10:06 PM
NASSIR 4 FM Events 123 08-02-2010 08:43 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome