NASSIR 5 Q & A - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

Here is some of the information about questions that have come up via PM to me. If some people are asking, maybe everyone might want to know.

I have also added some Q & A's as well just to get information out to the Forum Members.

If you have a question, please post it here on this thread and I will get your question answered.

Q & A:

The past NASSIR's we have had only one meal, why are we doing 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners at this event?

The reason is really Eureka Springs. We have had a lot of experience with doing the MidWest MNG here for past 7 years. If you try to feed a large amount of people in the restaurants, the first problem is that they very small places. We would never get this amount of people in fordinner and not be there most of the night waiting for the meal. Breakfast is even more limited and creates a worse problem. I don't know about everyone, but I don't want to spend more time waiting for meals in restaurants than socializing and riding! It will save a lot of timeby having a nice catered meal at the motel that I don't have to go out andorder. Also the little profit made from the meals besides being convenient, helps the forum with operating costs!

The Breakfast costs $5 (All You Can Eat) and Dinner (All You Can Eat) costs $10.Should Ipre-order on nassir-news.com or wait until I get there and buy it?

We get a better deal for the Forum if we can pre-order so the caterer will have a better idea of how many plates to prepare for. If you wait and pay for the meal at the time of serving, we will be charged more. This price will be $7 for breakfast, and $12 for dinner if you wait to purchase at NASSIR.

Either way, there will be enough food. You can't find a meal in Eureka Springs and have it prepared for you on site at the event for the prepay price or the on-site price.

I am hoping everyone who is coming will help me by pre-paying if at all possible because I have to pay for the catering soon.

T-Shirts will be available for ordering on http://www.nassir-news.com with long sleeves and short sleeves. Why does larger sizes costs more?

We are being charged extra for the larger sizes but we are passing on the extra actual cost.

Can I order a NASSIR 5 shirt even though I am not attending?

Yes! The shirts will not be shipped until after NASSIR 5 is over and you will have to add shipping. See website for details. The more shirts sold benefit the forum!

Should I double check my reservation atMotel 62?

Yes, this would be a good idea! They have had 3 different event coordinators since I started working with them and have had to fix a couple of reservations because you made a reservation but it didn't show up on my list of attendees. Theattendee list and room reservations didn't match. So if you have made a reservation, please double check with the motel immediately!

How do I know what is going on and when?

The itinerary is located on the nassir-news website and you will have your own in the information packet along with your name buttons (Thank You Button Lady!) and other information about thethings to do in Eureka Springs.

Why lawn chairs at this event?

Although we will have a tent and some rented chairs, we will not have enough for everyone. So please if you can bringlawn chairs if you can or use chairs in your room.

Where are the information packets located?

They will be seperated and placed in the offices of the campground and the motel. So when you check in, they will be right there for you.(Yes, the buttons will be on the outside of the packet and I will have them seperated between campground and motel according to the attendee list).

Where will the auction item, map, and t-shirt pickup table be?

They will be in the parking lot of the motel with a sign on them......you won't miss them.

When can I pick up my t-shirts?

You can get them Monday evening between 8-10 pm, Tuesday morning 8-10 am and Wednesday morning at 8-10 am. This is to let her enjoy NASSIR 5 as well but if you miss these times, See Bill's Girl and she will help you out.

What the heck is "eyeball" cards and why do I need to bring them to NASSIR 5????

See this thread: https://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum3/132581.html

If you put a printed (no, not made up on the spot) eyeball card into the drawing container located in the tent, there will be a $50 gift card to one winner drawn right after the auction ends. Thanks to Halfling (John) for donating the $50 gift card.

Should I double check myreservation at the Kettle Campground?

I would, just like anyone does before making a trip. I would hate to think I have a reservation and show up to find out I don't and they have no more campsites available.

Is there going to be a DVDof NASSIR 5 that we can purchase?

Yes! Our own Official Rhino Photographer will be taking pictures at the event and will make a DVD that you can purchase on http://www.nassir-news.com for $5. The DVD's will be mailed after all the pictures of the event are assembled. Thank You Rex Cameron (RCameron on the forum) fortaking on this task! Please e-mail all your pictures to [email protected]so they can be added to this DVD.

I see on the itinerary that there will be a group picture, can I buy it and how much?

Yes! The picture will be taken on Tuesday evening at 6pm so make sure you are there! The price of this photo is $5 and all proceeds go to the forum.AZgl1500 will be taking the picture and it will be e-mailed to you after the event so sign up with your forum name and e-mail address. Sign up will be in the tent.Thanks John for doing this!

Is there going to be a Official NASSIR Guest Book?

Yes! Please make sure you sign it under the tent! Thanks Halfling (John) for the idea after NASSIR 4 and providing it!

Do I need to make sure that my name is on the attendee list?

Yes please! The reason isso that we (Rhinos) have an accurate count for the event and also so we can have your special information pack together with your name buttons included inside as well.

What if I don't have PayPal......Can I still order T-Shirts, meals, and a DVD?

" We will accept checks / money orders for your purchase. Please select the COD option and email us for an address to mail your payment."

So, go to the order page and make your selection and email us at [email protected]for an address to mail your payment to. .

What is the deadline for ordering T-Shirts?

June 15th! Please get your orders in now!!!

What type of weather should I expect in that part of the country at that time of year. How cool or hot willit be at night?

Average high for the month of July in Eureka Springs is 89F for the high, 69F for the low. Your mileage may vary.

These statistics are taken from The Weather Channel. I have been in Eureka Springs in July at night wearing a jacket, I have also been wearing a thong as well!

Is there going to be a Official NASSIR Pin?

Yes! Lopeha is working with a manufacturer to have a pin for this event. PM Lopeha to order. Deadline is coming soon so don't wait! Thanks Andy for doing the pins! Deadline is June 9th for ordering.

Is there fridges, microwaves, coffee pots, blow dryers in the motel rooms at NASSIR?

Yes! Rhinos have been down to check all this out so you don't have to pack your blow dryer if you don't want to and keep your drinks cold in your room and drink coffee in the morning during the event.

Is there going to be a NASSIR 5 and auction in light of the announcement?

Yes!The traditions will continue and nothing has changed with this event! It will be alsothe first time in NASSIR history thatwingnut, wexy, AZgl1500, redbaron, and Flyone will be at this event.If you haven't met Steve Saunders, you need to as he probablythe nicest "wingnut" you'll ever find! Who knows if history will ever repeat itself!
Thereare still a few rooms left atMotel 62 for $49.00 per night due to last minute cancellationsand plenty of campsites still available as this history may never happen again so try to make it if you can! If you are having problems getting a room, PM Flyone. The members will decideat the auction where the proceeds will go towards.

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

If you have additional questions, please post them and I will add them to the list!

PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

How come big booties are the rage now?
I can remember when they weren't.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Quote:
Rudy wrote:
Quote:
I guess we are so popular now!

RIP Pop Fly
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
A d m i n i s t r a t o r

Model: 1994 Aspencade
Post imported post

What type of weather should I expect in that part of the country at that time of year. How cool or hot will the nights be?

Dennis

Join me on facebook Dennis D-Rod Ruda, Hamburg, New York

Button Lady's book website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Average high for the month of July in Eureka Springs is 89F for the high, 69F for the low. Your mileage may vary.

These statistics are taken from The Weather Channel. I have been in Eureka Springs in July at night wearing a jacket, I have also been wearing a thong as well!

RIP Pop Fly
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Senior Smart Aleck

Model: 97 GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Flyone wrote:
Quote:
I have also been wearing a thong as well!
I'm starting to second guess signing up for this!! AW Lawdy what have I gotten myself into.

1984 Aspencade/24000 miles
1997 Aspencade/ 54500 miles

Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Willin and the Creek Don\'t Rise!!

Darksider #1409

Patriot Guard Rider

Honorary Rhino

GWRRA

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod (or whatever it was), downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw", so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

JACK WHITE
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

erwjww wrote:
Quote:
Flyone wrote:
Quote:
I'm starting to second guess signing up for this!! AW Lawdy what have I gotten myself into.
Ahhh............don't be scared!!!

RIP Pop Fly
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

Flyone wrote:
Quote:
erwjww wrote:
Quote:
Flyone wrote:
Quote:
Ahhh............don't be scared!!!
Rubish, this is simplynot true, you should be VERY afraid, VERY VERY afraid!

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page