pre packing questions - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

[align=center]i have some questions about Arkansas before we start packing next week>>>>>>>

1. weather. i know, hot. but how hot and what to wear? does it get cold at night time??

2. bugs and things. are there snakes and scorpions over there? posinous frogs? we were in Spain one year and an English woman got bit by an adder that was hiding in her handbag.

3. local produce/that is home brew.. will anyone be bringing samples for us to try out?

4. does the KFC chicken taste better down south than in New York?? it was awful muck up there,, chicken full of water and the crispy stuff hard as a rock. big dissapointment that was.

any tips or things to know for people from the colder parts of the world?
[/align]

Dylan Saunders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
[align=center]i have some questions about Arkansas before we start packing next week>>>>>>>

1. weather. i know, hot. but how hot and what to wear? does it get cold at night time??

2. bugs and things. are there snakes and scorpions over there? posinous frogs? we were in Spain one year and an English woman got bit by an adder that was hiding in her handbag.

3. local produce/that is home brew.. will anyone be bringing samples for us to try out?

4. does the KFC chicken taste better down south than in New York?? it was awful muck up there,, chicken full of water and the crispy stuff hard as a rock. big dissapointment that was.

[/align]
While we do have some snakes here, they are generally confined to the woods and deep grassy areas. Not too sure how bad they are in AR specifically.

Also not sure how the mosquitos are there but down here they can be real pesky.

I have some items with me I can give you to use for those if they are a problem but last time I was in AR, there were few things to 'bug' you.

Produce is something that locals would probably have to provide unless you find a grocery nearby. There is a WalMart over in the next town east of AR so you can investigate that. One of the things eating on us over here about the produce is a lot of it is coming in from foreign countries so you gotta watch that.

KFC's are good or bad depending on who is running the franchise. Trust me, there is a lot better fried chicken here in the south than KFC. Lots better.

Bring something to get in the pool with and plan on light dress. I also recommend something heavier like a light jacket and pants in case we get a storm but those don't usually last too long.

AR and KS/MO folks can get more specific for the locale but this is pretty close, I'd bet.

Looking forward to seeing you again. I need some symbolic hand gestures lessons anyway.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Just me.

Model: 1982 GL1100A
Garage
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:

[/align][align=center]Light jacket or sweater.
[/align][align=center]Skeeters only bother me when the wife is not around.
[/align][align=center]???????????????????
[/align][align=center]

4. does the KFC chicken taste better down south than in New York?? it was awful muck up there,, chicken full of water and the crispy stuff hard as a rock. big dissapointment that was.[/align][align=center]I prefer Popeyes for fried chicken.

[/align]

One day you will no longer be the big dog...
just the old dog....

and it\'s nice to be surrounded by friends
PGR Member

previous bikes
74 550-4
73 500=4
75 GL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

I used to like Mrs. Winner's real well but they melted down a few years ago. Now, Bojangles is about as good as I've found.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

[align=center]???????????????????
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]I think the Young Man is talkin about some of that " Shine " that was auctioned off at N3[/align]

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Quote:
[align=center]I think the Young Man is talkin about some of that " Shine " that was auctioned off at N3[/align]
[align=center]yeah thats the stuff i was talking about.. just to rub on and scare off the mosquitos.
[/align]

Dylan Saunders.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
[align=center]yeah thats the stuff i was talking about.. just to rub on and scare off the mosquitos.
[/align]
That stuff would tear the hide off ya'all if you rubbed it on your skin.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 AM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
I used to like Mrs. Winner's real well but they melted down a few years ago. Now, Bojangles is about as good as I've found.
I service the Mrs Winners that are around here, best Chicken Hands down!

Servicing restaurants, you learn the one to eat at and the ones NOT to eat at, sorry, but there isn't a KFC I would step foot in........ I find most small Mom and Pop southern style restaurants offer up the best foods, at the best price. However, I think the Caterer has that covered.

As said by others Dylan, wear lighter clothes, shorts, T's, Cotton stuff, something that breaths. Perhaps a light jacket for evening.

Produce........ ?? Home brew..... If I come, I'll bring a few bottles of wine made from some of the local fruits here, like Blackberry, Peach, Strawberry and Scuppernong wines along with a little bit of the local 199 proof good stuff from Jr Johnson's 2006 brew.

Bugs?? Drink some of the above........ They won't bother you......

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Just me.

Model: 1982 GL1100A
Garage
Post imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Quote:
Or you wouldn't care anyway.

One day you will no longer be the big dog...
just the old dog....

and it\'s nice to be surrounded by friends
PGR Member

previous bikes
74 550-4
73 500=4
75 GL1000
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 AM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
Post imported post

woodbutcher wrote:
Quote:
jobe05 wrote:
Quote:
Or you wouldn't care anyway.
EXACTLY!!!

However........

I have always wanted to get drunk and have a mosquito bite into me........

Would he fly straight after??

Dylan, you may have to be the Guinna pig so we can test this theory........

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page