Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Live from Eureka Springs, It's NASSIR 5!!!!!

5K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  Marcus Bacon 
#1 ·
imported post

"This year we have a little surprise for our members. Rudy felt it was important to make an appearance at N5 this year to thank all of the members who helped him out this spring. He says it could never have happened without you, your prayers, support and offerings.

While he was attending N3 in New York, he received several requests to find a way that members who could not attend might be able to be a part of the festivities. One of these was Baggy wanting to have the auction online. At that time there was no real practical way to do that without some major expense and a lot of forward planning. Since that time Rudy has been focused on finding a way to make that happen in a practical way that would be affordable and still useful to everyone. (Web bandwidth is expensive)

Last year a product he had been watching, became available that would have given some of this service but it's quality was so bad that it would not have been worth it. Early this year, that same company came out with it's second generation product that was much better video quality (claim HD) even though the sound was not much improved.

With the financial help of Rudy's brother and some resources from sales at Rudy's Products.com, he was able to obtain two such podcast cameras as well as four other HD handheld cameras. He built a special high power, high range wireless network for them that connects to the hotel system and obtained, designed and tested methods to make all of them capable of portability and long term uptime so that we could podcast Live, most of the entire event (assuming the motel has the bandwidth to support us), to allmembers around the world.

He solicited some help from Dusty Boots to assist with the broadcasting (who graciously immediately agreed even though he was not planning to attend this year). Additionally, Rudy may need some of us to jump in as reporters and set up crew and runners to support the broadcasts.

In addition, there is one recording HD event camera and three HD cameo cameras that will be making the rounds and possibly doing interviews if there is interest. The recorded events will be edited for content and interest after N5 and segments placed on “YouTube” once Rudy gets home and has time to weed though the expected 120+ hours of recordings. These will be available to all via the internet.

Rudy tells me that heat is a real problem with these devices as they are designed to be used indoors only. Even though currently the weather forecast is upper 80's for highs, we all know that intellicast.com and weather people across the world have been wrong. This is Arkansas in July after all and who knows what the temperature will actually be from day to day!!!

We know for sure we will have a lot of "hot air" at the gathering so Rudy also adapted a cooling system in hopes of overcoming this for the planned events (at least) and maybe everything else (depending on how much ice we can keep feeding him). So if you see some weird looking contraptions taped up and wired here and there, you will know it is just Rudy up to his usual tricks.

This approach has never before been attempted at a gathering or with this equipment so we hope to make N5 one more reason for the record books.

Rudy is medically required to avoid the sun so look for his tan 10 x 10 shade canopy in front of his room #220. That will be the base of operations for the broadcasting portion of the N5 project.

Even if the motel wireless can't support the two cameras, they may be able to support one and maybe even if not all the time, but we will still have the four recording cameras for editing later.
Rudy has 88 hours of recording capacity (250 Gigs of SD cards) even if he does not offload the memory cards to a storage device. So we should be able to get dawn to after dark events captured. All shooting will be natural light so dark stuff will be dark.

This is Rudy's way of saying thanks to everyone and contributing his way to the party."

This a special deal for NASSIR5 and there is no guarantee that this will ever happen again at a NASSIR event because we just don't know. So don't even plan on not attending future NASSIR's "because you can watch it from home!".

As I have said many times before and I will say it again......"It is the members that make the NASSIR events and this Forum what it is today".So show up at a NASSIR event and see what I mean!

Please do me a favor and if you are attending NASSIR, Thank the "technical mastermind behind this plan" because I can plan all I want, but without the technical support that Rudy provided, we could not have provided this to the members. :claps::claps::claps:

If you are one of the members who are not attending this year's NASSIR, :lash:please Thank Rudy here on the Forum, we owe him a lot for doing this so everyone can enjoy "NASSIR 5 Live....... from Eureka Springs, Arkansas!"

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

As for one I will not be able to make it that dirty 4 letter word----WORK comes into play.Anyway a Thank you and a big round of applause for Rudy. Again thank you.

keep us posted. I will watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
imported post

We will announce the URL once we get there and get things set up and working. No point in looking at nothing. Hoping to be live by Sunday morning July 8 but it depends on how many Leprechauns get in the works.

A little tidbit in advance...

The podcasts are distributed using FlashPlayer so if you connect and all you see is a black video block with a spinning icon or simply white space where the video should appear, be sure to download and install the most current FlashPlayer version.

To see what version you have, from whatever browser you use, open a page to:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It will tell you what version you have and what is the most current for each browser.
As of today it is: Version 11.3.300.257 for Windows and Macs.

Right now I believe the vids will play on Version 10 as well but they change often to keep most current. I believe that Apple bans Flash on it's i devices. There are ways around that but I understand they can be troublesome.

These come from the hosting server we video feed to. Flash would not not our choice given the option.
Sorry.

#5 ·
imported post

Cool beans!

#6 ·
imported post

we will be in on Saturday night Bubba...Glad to give ya a hand setting up..whatever ya need :coollep:

#7 ·
imported post

I have seen a sample of what he was working on when I stopped by Rudy's place earlier this year. It will be good. The video quality is quite good with his camera setup so for those of us that will be there, make sure any shenanigans you are involved in are things you won't mind the whole world knowing about!!!!!

#8 ·
imported post

DougW wrote:
so for those of us that will be there, make sure any shenanigans you are involved in are things you won't mind the whole world knowing about!!!!!
Perhaps we could get some kind of close up shot of Winger, knitting with his apron on, for the world to see.:ROFL::ROFL:

#9 ·
imported post

DougW wrote:
I have seen a sample of what he was working on when I stopped by Rudy's place earlier this year. It will be good. The video quality is quite good with his camera setup so for those of us that will be there, make sure any shenanigans you are involved in are things you won't mind the whole world knowing about!!!!!
Fortunately for most of you, the audio is not as high quality providing a pretty good opportunity for plausible deny-ability.

For those concerned, come by and we can let you know where the things are placed at any given moment so you can duck behind the shadows and do your dastardly deeds.

The recording units are not live and will be edited before release so you do have some safety there. Just let us know which camera, date and time you would like edited out and we will make an effort to find and edit out the specific indiscretion for you for a small fee.
:ssshh:

#10 ·
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
DougW wrote:
so for those of us that will be there, make sure any shenanigans you are involved in are things you won't mind the whole world knowing about!!!!!
Perhaps we could get some kind of close up shot of Winger, knitting with his apron on, for the world to see.:ROFL::ROFL:
I smell a set up :cool:

#12 ·
imported post

:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps:

#13 ·
imported post

Rudy's da man :claps::claps::claps::claps::claps:

#14 ·
imported post

:claps::jumper:Rudy, as always your talents and hard work benefit all of us!! Thanx to Dusty for his assistance and diligence in the 120 + hours of hard work he has to do. Look forward to seeing this as I can't make it this year due to other committments!!

#15 ·
imported post

Awesome project

#16 ·
imported post

All I can say is ......WOW!!!!!!! Now how cool is that....:claps::claps:

#19 ·
imported post

this is going to be fun!

#21 ·
imported post

teacher wrote:
Thanks Rick! If I could kiss you I would:kissing:....................................butch

BTW; what time does it start and what channel is it on??????:congrats:
Teacher, Here's a link to the 2 webcams he's got on-line so far:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum14/137717.html

This thread is located as a sticky near the top of the NASSIR sub forum!!

#25 ·
imported post

I was just checking in on NASSIR CAM 1 . Looking good today and sound ! :claps:Great show Mr Rudy .Many thanks for your efforts to include us folks back home.

I guess I better reserve may place for the auction .

Last night I made a suprise phone call . Because of the slight delay of vidio ( at least to my box) it was neat to see the phone pulled out and looked over after I already had hung up .:ROFL:Of course I almost answered before the call was returned .

Where are there any clothes police ?:3wisemonkeys: I think Flyone might have started a cottage industry ;)

I also had the chat room open but everyone at NASSIR was so busy they didnt have time for cyber talk :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.