Thanks to everyone who attended NASSIR 5 - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 11:34 AM

Model: 1997 GL1500 2007 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

I also want to add a big thanks to Flyone and the Wild Rhinos for hosting this great event. And to everyone else that helped make this a great success. There are just too many other names to mention and I don't want to leave anyone out. Even though I had only a short visit, I had a memorable time down there. There was so much to chat about and not enough time to do it. It was a pleasure to finally meet and shake the hands of so many that I have only chatted with via the forum. You guys made me feel 100% at home. I look forward to running into some of you again througout the year and hopefully most of you at NASSIR 6...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike K.
Honorary Wild Rhino- Thanks Fly!!

07 GL1800 - Crucible Orange Metallic
Premium Audio/Comfort/NAVI/ABS
Converted to California Sidecar Viper Trike.

Darkside #1659
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 12:41 PM

Model: GL1100 / GL1200
Post imported post

What a great time! I truly wish now I'd been able to attend the first 4 also.

From meeting friends for the first time to karaoke, to having the police called on us...just too much fun.

I got to learn how to synchronize carbs from Steve himself, then the next morning I got to actually synchronize a couple sets with the skills Steve taught me. And during that, I was able to see D-Rod face the dreaded "couple screws left over" demon for a few minutes.

Redbaron lost his bike, then he lost his helmet. They were found, but that beautiful helmet almost found it's way to the auction table!

The ball fights in (and out of) the pool were epic to say the least.

Patti and I had an absolutely fantastic time, and the worst part of it all was having to drop the clutch lever yesterday morning and head out.

About halfway down the mountain, from the seat behind me, without a word spoken to prompt it, I heard:
"I know, I don't want to leave either".
"Where'd that come from?"
"Honey, you rode harder coming up the mountain riding ultra safe in the rain and dark than you're riding right now, I can tell you're not wanting to go"

Gotta' love it when the cosmic forces of the universe bring you together with someone who is in tune with you enough that you don't even need to speak.

Already working on being ready for next year!!!!

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Senior Smart Aleck

Model: 97 GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Had a great time Fly. Thanks to you and all the Rhinos for giving us the opportunity to meet and talk face to face.

EH!!!!

1984 Aspencade/24000 miles
1997 Aspencade/ 54500 miles

Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Willin and the Creek Don\'t Rise!!

Darksider #1409

Patriot Guard Rider

Honorary Rhino

GWRRA

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod (or whatever it was), downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw", so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

JACK WHITE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

[align=center]we all had a great time.. except for when we went to the haunted hotel and wexy, Fabianne, halfling and his daughter set me up for a scare on the way back.. not to worry,, i'll get wexy back soon. and my Dad too, the fecker was in on it too.
[/align]

Dylan Saunders.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 05:40 PM

Model: GL 1500
Post imported post

Mark and I had an great time.. It was good to see old friends as well as make some new ones from up north in Canada EH!!! Also our new friends from Ireland Wexi, Wingnut and Wingnut junior. The Rhinos did an awsome job. And I agree with MDKRAMER we were excited to come down, but it was hard to go home.

Co-rider of tmdriverwannabe
83 1100 Interstate
93 1500 SE (The Mistress!)
Honorary Newfie!!
Wild Rhino Forever!!
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Valkyrie Scum

Model: GL1500CF - Valkyrie Interstate
Send a message via Yahoo to tybme
Post imported post

It's just great when so many people can get together like this. I am thrilled to have met so many wonderful people and can't wait to see you again in the future. Some of you will regret inviting me to stop in anytime.

1999 GL1500 CF (Valkyrie Interstate)

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - T.E. Lawrence

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson

Rhinos are just chubby unicorns!

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:42 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

We had a really great time. The Rhinos did a remarkable job and left nothing out. It was good to meet familiar faces again, and some new ones also. I wish I had more time to talk for longer to everyone, a few days isn't enough.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 PM

Post imported post

tybme wrote:
Quote:
Some of you will regret inviting me to stop in anytime.
We will have the 128 count box ready for you!

Snorebaby (Doug) and Snorebabe (Michele)
'15 GL1800 Scarlett

'90 GL 1500 SE Pearl
'86 CMX450 Rebel
'85 GL1200 LTD---SOLD
Patriot Guard Riders #137660

I ain't drunk, but I have been drinkin'. (beenshot)

"Carrots & Pickles, Attorneys at Law" (Wingnumberone)
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Post imported post

We had a BLAST!! Meeting new friends and renewing old friendships. It was hard for us to leave. The time is always too short and you never get enough time in with everyone. I have great memories and stories to tell that will last a lifetime. From fuel pumps to napkin fetishes to crayons....there is something behind every story.

Now the screen names are no longer faceless.

Snorebaby (Doug) and Snorebabe (Michele)
'15 GL1800 Scarlett

'90 GL 1500 SE Pearl
'86 CMX450 Rebel
'85 GL1200 LTD---SOLD
Patriot Guard Riders #137660

I ain't drunk, but I have been drinkin'. (beenshot)

"Carrots & Pickles, Attorneys at Law" (Wingnumberone)
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

We had a ball,great time and is was super nice to meet all our friends from the forum ,what was especially nice was to have all the mods together for the first time ,
I wish Flyone would come out of his shell and let himself go
The high light of this trip for me was giving DYLAN the biggest fright of his life ,it was just too funny ,
Thank you to all the rhinos for putting on a great NASSIR and we will see you all in eCANADA eehhh eehhh eehhh:::

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page