auction question - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how does the money get given to the recipients, cash on the day of the auction or PayPal later on when the money is added up........
[align=center]well first to get this out of the way,,,,, if you had been there you wouldnt need to ask. no point in not going and then wanting to know what happened. .

i think Rudy went home real early the morning after the auction, before the lads had a chance to give him the wedge. im not sure if he even knew he was getting it,, he was in his room for the auction and might not have known about it until he got home.
Dave came off his Wing and got injured on the way to Eureka Springs (God Bless him and heal him up soon),, so he wasnt able to get there to collect his wedge.
Dad presented the motorcycle.com $500 to FM near the end of the auction. the money for Rudy and Dave is in safe hands and will get to them soon enough if it hasnt already.

[/align]

Dylan Saunders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
Dad presented the motorcycle.com $500 to FM near the end of the auction

Quote:
Not too sure I agree with the way this was done,,But I bow to the Founder and his trusted mentor's decision making ability.

I was present at the event and am aware what took place!

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

I can answer that question. The money came back to Kansas with me on Saturday. The reason for this was Rudy left early Friday morning and obviously Dave0430 wasn't there. The plan that was decided by wingnut, wexy, and myself that I would deposit the money in my account and PayPal the money to both of them.

Here came the issue......PayPal wants to charge fees to do this as I have a basic account. I would rather see the money go to the members rather than PayPal. The other issue is that Dave0430 doesn't have a PayPal account at all.

I have deposited the money into my account and left on a business trip. Once I arrived late Monday evening to Indiana, I have wrote both of them a check after I PMed both of them to get their mailing address which was not instant thing. Literally, the check is in the mail on Tuesday evening after I got done with my business during the day.

I hope this answers the question.

Maybe Dave0430 and Rudy will post when they receive the checks as I can't speak for them and I certainly can't tell them to post about this, FM received the cash on site.

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

My reply was in relation to the $500.00 given away only.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 PM

Garage
Post imported post

No....not at all guys, first of all....you know me! I was just explaining this for the people who don't know me! (that may not be a bad thing....eh?)

PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:24 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
Post imported post

I have to agree with Hawggy. Most of the time these things don't bother me and I just let them go, but someone donated money to the forum members and a select group made the decision what should be done with it without the vote of the group that was present, as is what happened with the Auction funds. Im sure no one in the group would have begrudged FM of financial Help during a time of need, Not going in that direction. There was money donated to the group and the group didn't know it......... till it was already decided on as to it's benefactor.

Bill: There should never be a question of doubt in anyone's mind as to your integrity or intentions, you put a lot of sweat and tears into this event, and it was one of the best, you and all the Rhinos that helped are applauded for you efforts!

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Guys, I appreciate your comments. I do not want this thread to go down the wrong road. I am not going to move this thread but lock it until staff can look at.

The money from motorcycle.com was given to Steve and not to the group and it was up to Steve to decide what to do with it and he decided after asking our opinions, to give it to FM as he was the member most in need of it at the time . There was never a question of it going to a vote as it was not part of the auction.

RIP Pop Fly
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 AM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Quote:
......but someone donated money to the forum members and a select group made the decision what should be done with it without the vote of the group that was present, as is what happened with the Auction funds.
That is incorrect. To clarify, the$500 was given to me to use at the event for any purpose that I decided onsoa vote for it's use was not required.The $500was never intendedas a supplement for the auction funds. I reallyhad no concrete plans for the $500 and was thinking of a spot prize, quizor something like that, but still wasn't sure what to do with it.
Dylan and myself arrived back to camp lateafter the vote was done and when the auction was started, and during a conversation withFMI became aware of his currentsituation which he can elaborate on if he wishes to.If you all had been aware of that during the vote, I knowyou allwould have done the decent thing and included FM in your vote.But we don't have the benefit of hindsight, and none of you knew during the votethat FM was in trouble.After talking tohim I decided that the $500 would be put to better use in his hands. I would have done the same for any other member who was in trouble and approached me, FM just happened to be the first one I spoke to.
Once I decided what I wanted to do with the $500, I asked wexy for his opinion and he agreed with my thinking, andFlyone also agreed. Iasked Flyone as hostto make the announcement and he did, and I handed over the money to FM.
Theinitial idea tohelp outFM was mine andI have no regrets about it.In my mindthe moneywas put to good use, and like I said I would have done the same for anyone else therewho was in trouble and had approached me. Some decisions have to be made on the spot and I'm sorry if some of you disagree with this one, but I know I did the right thing.This postmight help you all understand the lead-up to my decision.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Quote:
If your reply was to me Fly..That is not what I am talking about..I do not question your entegrity one bit. I trust you explicity and you know that..
I donno... he's been coming up with an awful lot of thongs lately.

He should have to release his taxes.. oh wait... that's another guy.

It's not that I left early, but I didn't stay up till 3 am like some of y'all.
I wasn't at the auction. I was in my room trying to get some type of connectivity going for the cameras and was having troubles with it as some of you noted.

Dianne and I were very surprised, later, to hear what went on. I wasn't expecting to be part of that as Fly is aware. But we are grateful and the hospital makes sure we remain beggars at the door. They are wanting a second PET scan, which is understandable given they have no other real way to measure how it's going inside. I'm holding them off as long as possible to reduce their temptation to want to do a third one later.

As some of you may recall, it was well over $6000 for the first one and that was after a hefty discount negotiated with the hospital billing department. That is where this offering will likely be applied. As of this morning the mailman has not delivered the envelope but like I said, thongs don't grow on trees.

Thank you everyone! It was great to be there with you.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 AM
The Irish Crew

Model: GL1100 Interstate
Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
FitzAl wrote:
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how does the money get given to the recipients, cash on the day of the auction or PayPal later on when the money is added up........
[align=center]well first to get this out of the way,,,,, if you had been there you wouldnt need to ask. no point in not going and then wanting to know what happened. .

[/align]
That's true Dylan. I might have to come with you all next year. The wife has a sister living in Toronto and I am trying to work her around to the idea.

Alan Fitzpatrick.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page