post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 AM
The Irish Crew

Model: GL1100 Interstate
Post imported post

wingnut wrote:
Quote:
jobe05 wrote:
Quote:
......but someone donated money to the forum members and a select group made the decision what should be done with it without the vote of the group that was present, as is what happened with the Auction funds.
┬*
That is incorrect. To clarify, the┬*$500 was given to me to use at the event for any purpose that I decided on┬*so┬*a vote for it's use was not required.┬*The $500┬*was never intended┬*as a supplement for the auction funds. I really┬*had no concrete plans for the $500 and was thinking of a spot prize, quiz┬*or something like that, but still wasn't sure what to do with it.
Dylan and myself arrived back to camp late┬*after the vote was done and when the auction was started, and during a conversation with┬*FM┬*I became aware of his current┬*situation which he can elaborate on if he wishes to.┬*If you all had been aware of that during the vote, I know┬*you all┬*would have done the decent thing and included FM in your vote.┬*But we don't have the benefit of hindsight, and none of you knew during the vote┬*that FM was in trouble.┬*After talking to┬*him I decided that the $500 would be put to better use in his hands. I would have done the same for any other member who was in trouble and approached me, FM just happened to be the first one I spoke to.
Once I decided what I wanted to do with the $500, I asked wexy for his opinion and he agreed with my thinking, and┬*Flyone also agreed. I┬*asked Flyone as host┬*to make the announcement and he did, and I handed over the money to FM.
The┬*initial idea to┬*help out┬*FM was mine and┬*I have no regrets about it.┬*In my mind┬*the money┬*was put to good use, and like I said I would have done the same for anyone else there┬*who was in trouble and had approached me. Some decisions have to be made on the spot and I'm sorry if some of you disagree with this one, but I know I did the right thing.┬*This post┬*might help you all understand the lead-up to my decision.

My initial post here seems to have sparked off some sour grapes posts by a couple of members. That was not my intention and I didn't expect it to happen. I apologies for not seeing it coming.

Alan Fitzpatrick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:28 AM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

When a friend is down on their luck you do something. If they are nearby you might bake them a cassarole or take care of their yard because you know they would do the same for you. This is our equivalent

Onebeauty of the auction is seeing the wierd stuff and what itwent for. Some went high and some low but in the end we had fun and we got to share with friends.

I have full confidence in the management to make the right choices. They haven't let us down yet.

Len
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Post imported post

nobbie wrote:
Quote:
When a friend is down on their luck you do something. If they are nearby you might bake them a cassarole or take care of their yard because you know they would do the same for you. This is our equivalent
I have no idea what FM's difficulties are, but I think most of the forum members will agree the $500 he was given was put to better use than throwing it in as a prize or something similar.
I've donated to a couple of fund raisers but I admit I don't like them because there is always a chance that it will cause resentment or jealousy. If that becomes a common feature of future fund raisers, I wonder if it is worth having them?

Kevin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 PM

Model: 88 & 95SE 1500's, 82 1100I, 80 1100, etc..
Post imported post

I agree the right thing was done.
The money was Steve's to decide what to do with it, and I think he made a very good choice!
The $500 really did not have anything to do with us members since it came from elsewhere, not us.

I'm sure if we had known of FM's problems before the auction he may have been included in the vote also, but most people were probably like me and had no idea at the time.

Myself and another member were talking with FM before he left. Was just general have a safe trip talk but he did tell us some things which I won't repeat myself other than to say it's a serious concern and I wish FM well and have him in my prayers also.

Chromo

I ride for FOOD

99 SE 1500, Also riding now, Red ( Second fastest color)
95 SE 1500, riding now, Purple (the fastest color)
88 1500 recovering from deer hit, Phantom Gray (Most expensive color )
82 1100 riding sometimes, Red
Also 80 1100 naked and 86 1200 Interstate, not running yet.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 PM
mr irrelevant

Model: 2009 GL 1800
Garage
Post imported post

Chromo wrote:
Quote:
The money was Steve's to decide what to do with it, and I think he made a very good choice!
The $500 really did not have anything to do with us members since it came from elsewhere, not us.

I'm sure if we had known of FM's problems before the auction he may have been included in the vote also, but most people were probably like me and had no idea at the time.

Myself and another member were talking with FM before he left. Was just general have a safe trip talk but he did tell us some things which I won't repeat myself other than to say it's a serious concern and I wish FM well and have him in my prayers also.
Very well put Chromo, couldn't of said it better myself, and will also keep Floyd in our prayers as well as Rudy....

Mark
Current ride is a 09 gl1800 level 3
Wild Rhinos Iowa Chapter
GWRRA #410601 Chapter A Black Sheep Squadron Asst Chap Directors
IOWA PATRIOT GUARD
Now an honorary Newfie!! We have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so are now members of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:08 PM

Model: 2010
Garage
Post imported post

These are the stories we know about and I'm sure there are lots we don't know.

One of our long time quiet members who I will not name has been going through a cancer ordeal for the past 2 years and is one of the finest men I have ever known. Financially I know this has been tough on him and his family but he won't say boo about it. This occurred just at a time when he changed jobs and had to make a significant move from one city to another. A New job, no sick time or earned benefits in these tough economic times. He is a man of faith and he has beat the odds and I ask we send out a prayer to keep him on his continued road to recovery. I know that is all he would accept from this community.

2010 That is Black and has a Black Trailer on the Back.
2003 That is the fastest Red I've ever seen
Riding a 4 wheeler, 2 of them are on the trailer
My hair is white, my neck is red, my collar is blue.
Darkside #1721
2010 Rear-Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55R/16
2003 Rear-Goodyear Eagle Ultragrip 195/55R/16
Wild Rhino
Group of Ten (Those ten guys from Winnipeg)
AKA Wingerpeg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Post imported post

Kyle wrote:
Quote:
These are the stories we know about and I'm sure there are lots we don't know.

One of our long time quiet members who I will not name has been going through a cancer ordeal for the past 2 years and is one of the finest men I have ever known. Financially I know this has been tough on him and his family but he won't say boo about it. This occurred just at a time when he changed jobs and had to make a significant move from one city to another. A New job, no sick time or earned benefits in these tough economic times. He is a man of faith and he has beat the odds and I ask we send out a prayer to keep him on his continued road to recovery. I know that is all he would accept from this community.
He's covered....

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 PM

Model: 1000 1100 1200 1500 1800
Garage
Post imported post

A big THANK YOU! To everyone that donated Items to the auction and everyone that bought knowing the money was going to a good cause. Steve and Wexy brought andbought auctionitems and gave them away to membersin good spirit. Lets hope we can continue the auctions in that spirit and help out who ever is in need from our forum. and to Nobbie,Snrlawer,Chromo,Tmdriverwannabe.Well Said! Cant wait for NASSIR 6
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

saws-n-wings wrote:
Quote:
...Steve and Wexy brought andbought auctionitems and gave them away to membersin good spirit...
Well we didn't want to cart all the things we brought for and bought at the auction back home, we had toleave room in the suitcases for new shoes and clothes for Dylan.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Senior Smart Aleck

Model: 97 GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
Quote:
Chromo wrote:
Quote:

Very well put Chromo, couldn't of said it better myself, and will also keep Floyd in our prayers as well as Rudy....
Couldn't agree more. Well said Chromo.

1984 Aspencade/24000 miles
1997 Aspencade/ 54500 miles

Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Willin and the Creek Don\'t Rise!!

Darksider #1409

Patriot Guard Rider

Honorary Rhino

GWRRA

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod (or whatever it was), downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw", so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

JACK WHITE
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page