Who'll be the distance champ for N-6 - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 05:13 AM

And nobody felt it necessary to tell me.... Hmmmmm.

Well, I found an old raft, and I have loaded the bike and the trailer onto it. I am about to swim across towing the raft, but it will be slow going. And cold..... Hyah mule.

A Tsunami would have been quicker. Then I could have been carried across in a storage container, Hawwwwwww, hahahahaha, snork, wheeze.

Riding a Goldwing DOES NOT mean I have stopped being a biker....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Model: GL1500SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
And nobody felt it necessary to tell me.... Hmmmmm.

Well, I found an old raft, and I have loaded the bike and the trailer onto it. I am about to swim across towing the raft, but it will be slow going. And cold..... Hyah mule.

A Tsunami would have been quicker. Then I could have been carried across in a storage container, Hawwwwwww, hahahahaha, snork, wheeze.
Don't forget the narwhale alerts.

Len
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 PM

Model: GL1800 2015 Red
Just a hair short of 2236 kilometres for us, that's staying in Canada

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
Just a hair short of 1400 miles for us, that's staying in Canada
The Minister of Political Correctness has disqualified you for not posting in kilometers.

Len
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 PM

Model: GL1800 2015 Red
to the Minister of Political Correctness

John

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
to the Minister of Political Correctness
The Minister of Miscellany has applied the Manitoba Mosquito Wingspan Approximation Formulation and reinstated your status.

For those not familiar with Manitoba mosquitos, think of them as self propelled lawn darts.

Len
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM

Well, I made it to Alaska. Just got ashore in Wales, and rode the 18 miles to Tin City, where I will thaw out overnight, then a leisurely ride to NASSIR6. I picked up my Muskox Warning Whistles to mount on the front fairing, here in Tin City. There is no store, so what I did was hire two Inuut young people to ride up front and whistle when they see any Muskox. I hope it works, as I understand one never recovers their sense of smell if one hits a Muskox. Wish me luck.

P.S. The North Pacific is not as cold as the North Atlantic, where I kissed a cod that I jigged meself, and said the saying that must be said, many years ago. Deed I is me old (name for a rooster) and long may your big jib draw, and tossed back screech. For this I got me a certificate of honorary Newfiehood. Well, between the ceremony and marrying a Newfie maid as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 AM

I have reached Watson Lake, in the Yukon Territories, and that ALCAN was quite a ride. I have let the young Inuut people go home as there should be no Muskox from here on. We did see some Grizzlies, but the Inuut girls did not whistle, and it was almost the end of us. When I asked them why they did not whistle, they said "Not Muskox... you hire for Muskox, not bear" Well, I guess they are correct. It will now be a leisurely light trek from here to Simcoe, ON, as I have nine days to get there. See AllaYall at NASSIR 6. Keep my distance trophy warm and shiny, please.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I have reached Watson Lake, in the Yukon Territories, and that ALCAN was quite a ride. I have let the young Inuut people go home as there should be no Muskox from here on. We did see some Grizzlies, but the Inuut girls did not whistle, and it was almost the end of us. When I asked them why they did not whistle, they said "Not Muskox... you hire for Muskox, not bear" Well, I guess they are correct. It will now be a leisurely light trek from here to Simcoe, ON, as I have nine days to get there. See AllaYall at NASSIR 6. Keep my distance trophy warm and shiny, please.
If you're crossing Manitoba you'll need mosquito alerts, preferably extra large. Contact Wexy for pricing.

Len
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbie View Post
If you're crossing Manitoba you'll need mosquito alerts, preferably extra large. Contact Wexy for pricing.
I need them here in the Yukon, and will in Northern BC and Altaberty. And they are Jumbo sized here. The kind that rip off an arm and laugh at you while they eat it. Will be in Valleyview tomorrow visiting with family, so maybe they have advice on this problem.

P.S. The advice from the Northern Altabertyans was to ride far and fast, so I have done that. Edmonton in my Rear View......(sent from my CB radio)

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page