Who'll be the distance champ for N-6 - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 10:07 PM

Model: GL1800 2015 Red
Trouble is, the Mounties here can't tell a mosquito alert from a radar detector.

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM

Wippineg in the rear view... no mounties in sight. Let em try to catch me now as I am almost in the furthest western part of Ontario. I shall duck south past Superior Wisconsin and avoid all Canuckian police. Three and a half days to Simcoe. (sent from my MP3 player)

Riding a Goldwing DOES NOT mean I have stopped being a biker....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 AM

Spent a nice evening with friends in Marquette, Michigan. Will visit some more in Flint tonight, then the final leg of this 20,000 mile journey will commence on Monday morning. Word of advice.... Do not buy tires in Russia.

NOTICE: For those who have been following this, in case you had any thought at all that it was a factual and realistic trip report - it was not. It was all in fun. However, I jinxed myself with that comment about not buying tires in Russia, as, when I left this morning from North Bay, Ontario, I only got 40 miles and my back tire went bad. I think it was or is a delamination, but will not know till tomorrow when I can get into a bike shop to see about getting another one and getting it on the rim. I am kinda stuck by the local situation, as our bike shops are closed on Monday. So, it looks like I will not make the meet. Have fun everyone, and I will be looking to read your REAL trip reports sometime next week.

Viking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Viking; 07-15-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: End of a Saga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 AM

Well, it looks like the distance champ will be ------- not me. I just blew up a back tire, and the bike shops are closed today, so cannot get one till tomorrow, and by the time it is on, tomorrow will be gone also, so I will not be showing up at NASSIR6 at all. Sorry to miss meeting Alla Y'All.

Viking

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 AM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
run over to canadian tire and grab a car tire for the rear . do not say anything about a motorcycle . act like its a small car/trailer wheel . then we'll see ya teusday . eh !

you might just be suprised how you like the car tire .

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaWingandaPrayer View Post
run over to canadian tire and grab a car tire for the rear . do not say anything about a motorcycle . act like its a small car/trailer wheel . then we'll see ya teusday . eh !

you might just be suprised how you like the car tire .
Long long ago, in a land far far away - Calgary, 1960's through New Mexico and all points that fell in between in place and time, I rode Harleys, which came with what might as well have been car tires, and maybe even were. They did not act civilized except on gravel and dirt roads. In the 1980s, in New Mexico, while rebuilding my 1974 Shovelhead, I discovered Michelin Motorcycle Radial Tires. The difference in handling was like night and day. All of a sudden I knew why those Honda riders had such good handling and bragged about it. Well about the same time, Harley Davidson Corporate also discovered motorcycle tires, and so, all Harleys came from the factory with motorcycle tires. And they handled reasonably well, and a whole lot better than my older ones had. Then in 2010, I bought a brand new Goldwing GL1800 motorcycle and it came with Dunlop D250 Radial tires, and it outhandled any Harley I had ever ridden. Now, I know that car tires have also come a long way, and lots of you Darksiders swear that they handle even better than motorcycle tires, but I have ridden a GL1800 with a car tire, and went from my bike to that bike and back to my bike, and there is definitely a seat of the pants difference to me, and I did not like the car tire. Yeah, I know - "Ya need ta ride it till ya fergit how a motorcycle tire handles to begin with so that you kin start ta likin' it. Well, I, personally, will stick with motorcycle radial tires. And it is a personal choice. I respect yours, but will stick with mine. If it causes me to miss a rally, then I miss a rally. There is always next year, and seven is one of my lucky numbers - maybe.

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Model: GL1500SE
Well Viking I'll have to save my bottle of Lapponia Cloudberry liqueur for another time.

Len
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbie View Post
Well Viking I'll have to save my bottle of Lapponia Cloudberry liqueur for another time.
Was that the prize for the longest distance travelled? Heck... too bad I am such a bad liar, :wtf:

Was not lying about the tire though. My jinxing statement about buying tires in Russia will never leave my mind........

post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 AM

Model: 1000 1100 1200 1500 1800
Garage
hummmm , we have been riding everyday for two weeks,will be in canada today.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saws-n-wings View Post
hummmm , we have been riding everyday for two weeks,will be in canada today.
Welcome to Canada, I say... If it is the first time for you, then doubley welcome. Good to have you.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page