NASSIR 7 General Information - Page 10 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe05 View Post
I checked the web site for Fontana Village and it says camping for Tents is $20 to $30 per night. I'm not sure where the $15 price came from. Maybe someone could clear that up?
This must have been a recent price change, I've got a printed page that says $15 - $20 for tent sites. As a matter of fact if you pull down their current "brochure" and look at page 4 you will see the $15 - $20 pricing I am referring to. I suspect that the brochure hasn't been updated yet. We didn't lock in any campground pricing so their price is certainly subject to change.

Update: I just reserved one of the camp sites online for 4 nights (July 7, 2014 thru July 11, 2014) and it gave me a rate of $16.92 per night after taxes and charged me a $30 deposit. So apparently they haven't updated their reservation system with new pricing yet either.

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 11:28 AM

We have so many great roads to ride and such a beautiful location, I am in a quandry where to start planning the many rides available to us. My first thought was to enlist the help of local "Wingers" who know the roads and area to be Ride Captains and tail gunners; giving attendees the freedom to fully enjoy their vacation. Also, having been on several bike rallys with over 100 bikes present, I know there is a lot of talent within the group to choose from.
So I want to ask those of you who would like to be Ride Leaders to chime in and let me know. I would rather accomodate a forum member before sourcing outside help.
I would also like to ask if anyone has suggestions or specific areas where you would like to ride. We will try to accomodate everyone's wish list to the best of our ability and resources.
Also, are there other activities that you want to participate in such as practicing some of the riding skills tests the Motorcycle Safety Foundation teaches? They can be set up rather easily, especially the newest ones they are starting to offer and can be fun and educational.
We have plenty of time to fine tune our riding events and with everyone's early involvement we can offer something for all our friends!
For me, this is a special opportunity to meet and become friends with all those that I have enjoyed communicating with via this wonderful forum. Rudy for example is a wonderful friend whom I never met. He was so helpful to me when I owned my '82 GL1100! I hope he will be one of the many there that I will finally get to meet!
July 2014 will be here before we know it! I feel honored to play a small part in bringing everyone together in my part of the world to enjoy the passion our bikes allow us to share!
Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
Work for tomorrow, live for today.
Live life like you mean it!
American Legion Member
Patriot Guard Rider Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
post #93 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 12:25 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
I dropped out being a lead because in one of your emails, you didn't say it was a thought, you said that is what was going to happen. I spent a great deal of my own time and a great deal of expense traveling out there to learn those roads looking forward to showing my friends Part of the Great State for which I live, and how fortunate I am to have this so close to me to enjoy, something that I am very proud of. The bubble was burst when you were bringing in outside friends to do this versus someone like my self that you and Halfling brought into the fold a year ago, supposedly for things like this. Disappointing for me........ Very Disappointing......

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 01:15 PM

Jobe05 (John) I hope that an inadvertent choice of words on my part has now ruined what I hope will be a great event for everyone. I wish you would have said something to me after reading my post. This could have been remedied very easily, and still can. You already know that we need all the help we can get so, I would be honored if you would be a Ride Captain for NASSIR 7! In fact John, you probably have a much better idea of how the rides need to be planned than me because of your many trips to the area. Please let us not waste your time and effort familiarizing yourself with the area. It isn't too late to change your disappointment into someting very possitive for all your friends that will be attending. I want to thank you for allowing me to know how you feel about my post. It was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or leave anyone out from doing what he or she wants to do to make NASSIR 7 better. Share your thoughts on the rides with me and others you think will make Good Ride Captains. Together with my knowledge of the area, we can put together several days of wonderful riding. I promise that I will not be a Ride Captain though. I don't want to be broken down on the side of the road again like the last time we rode together! You were a life saver then and you will be now if you will excuse my poor choice of words earlier! Thank you again for allowing me to know your feelings so I can assure you that was not my intent!
Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
American Legion Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
post #95 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 PM

Model: 2010 GL1800 CSC trike
Garage
good riding ain't hard to find out there and maybe we just need some ride maps printed off and available for everyone to just choose a route and a small group can get together and just take off and have fun. my experience with organized group rides hasn't always been pleasant and usually never work out without problems but a small group of 5 or 6 bikes can cruise around all day and stop as often as they like and enjoy the day without anyone being frustrated at the end of the day.

here is just some of the examples of some good day trips and I'm sure that there are other folks on this forum that know plenty of other routes that are as good or better. I am just a rookie out there but have enjoyed riding that area last August and again this year in June and I have yet to find a road that wasn't worth riding so just go get lost and then find your way back to the hotel at the end of the day.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH2...nRvcD0wfjB+MH4=

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH2...nRvcD0wfjB+MH4=

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH2...dG9wPTB+MH4wfg==

post #96 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 03:37 PM

Beenshot, Not having attended a NASSIR event I don't know if scheduled rides were held or groups got together and rode on their own. Certainly riding in smaller groups is easier to manage and probably safer. And I'm certain that there will be plenty of that type of riding. I'm sure we will have plenty of maps of the area for everyone to use in case they want to do smaller group rides. Everyone's opinion is welcome and will be considered. I am a novice planning events such as this but one thing I do realize is; it needs to be fun for everyone. With that in mind, if there is a group that wants to do their own ride, we could certainly announce it if they wouldn't mind others going with them.
So if more members want to let us know their preferences between planned and unplanned rides we would welcome their input. The result being everyone can make the best use of their time there and get the most out of their visit!
Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
American Legion Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
post #97 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM

Model: 2010 GL1800 CSC trike
Garage
Bernie, you're doing a fine job and I know that we will all enjoy the event. I look forward to meeting you and the other members that I have not met as well as the members that I have had the privelege of meeting. the only problem with these Nassir events is that you will make new friends that you will not be able to see frequently enough in the future.

post #98 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Good points and good discussion everyone! I think what we had in mind for NASSIR 7 and the rides was that we wanted both options available to everyone (best of both worlds). This was done at NASSIR 5 with great success. In other words, have led rides of various lengths available for those that don't want to have to think too hard about planning out a ride and on the other hand having route documentation available for those that prefer to go it alone or set up their own small groups. I really want people to know that even though we plan out some rides it doesn't mean that we expect everyone to go on them or that we won't support self led rides as well. This same principle is planned for all of our optional events. We will set things up for those that want it and everyone is free to go off on their own which often happens.

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
post #99 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenshot View Post
Bernie, you're doing a fine job and I know that we will all enjoy the event. I look forward to meeting you and the other members that I have not met as well as the members that I have had the privelege of meeting. the only problem with these Nassir events is that you will make new friends that you will not be able to see frequently enough in the future.
I agree. I especially liked it when he said he wanted to know all our preferences. I was gonna tell him how much I liked blueberry muffins with my mornin' coffee (in bed)... then reading on I see that's not what he was talking about.

thecruiser
post #100 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 05:52 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruiser View Post
I agree. I especially liked it when he said he wanted to know all our preferences. I was gonna tell him how much I liked blueberry muffins with my mornin' coffee (in bed)... then reading on I see that's not what he was talking about.

thecruiser

Let's think about this...

It's 6:00am Wensday morning during NASSIR 7. You open yer eye's and on one side of the bed there's Halfling with your coffee.. In a panic you look to the other side and there stands Dubswing with your blueberry muffin's....

I'll leave the rest to your imaginations....

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page