NASSIR 7 General Information - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasterb65 View Post
We are in 234, which i notice on the room map on the forum shows jobe05 in that room. So we called back to confirm, and they confirmed that was our room number. Please let us know if there is a conflict as we don't want to take someone elses room.
I noticed that too and since I didn't know you, I didn't know if you had a different handle or maybe was bunkin' with a buddy. It does have two Kings in it. Since you see a potential problem too, it's probably all Halflings fault.
I'm assuming he's the one adding the names to the 'visual aid' in the #1 post.
Lookin' forward to meet'n with y'all.
thecruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Curious, I had a chat with the reservation manager yesterday about keeping track of these rooms and she assured me they would. I'm sure John (Jobe05) had that room as he is one of the primary team leads for our helpers. I give them a call as soon as I can.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 AM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Just made reservations for a Cabana King room. We will be arriving on Sunday July 6 and leaving on Friday.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwings 4 ever View Post
Just made reservations for a Cabana King room. We will be arriving on Sunday July 6 and leaving on Friday.
Did they give you a room number Bob? I'm tracking these to make SURE that they are booking correctly.

John

US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Co-owner

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
post #25 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Looks like I am going to have to keep the reservation desk straight on room assignments to make sure someone doesn't arrive expecting one room and get another or even double booking. While they won't actually guarantee a specific room, about the only thing that would shift you is if that particular room was unserviceable for some reason.

So, when you make your reservations please make sure to get a room number and then either post it here or send me a PM with it. I will also need to know the first and last name that it was booked under and how many people in your party.

Thanks for the help!

John

US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Co-owner

Last edited by Halfling; 07-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.
post #26 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Senior Moments!

Model: 2008 GL1800
Garage
Reservation made, Monday 7th to Friday 11th. Room #218 in the main lodge under Rex Cameron.

"Angel" Rex
I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.
post #27 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 AM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfling View Post
Did they give you a room number Bob? I'm tracking these to make SURE that they are booking correctly.
I asked for a room number and was told they don't guarantee specific rooms and he wouldn't give me a number, but I had booked a Cabana King on the 2nd floor under the name of Robert Smith.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
post #28 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox

Just keeping my eyes on this one for the time being.

Not a good time of the year for us Limeys, we tend to melt like chocolate at anything over about 75f, so we would need air conditioned everything, even the food!!! Can someone ask the hotel if they have walk in fridges that we can book into!!

Goodness knows how we would be able to afford to come over, since we are coming this September, but it will be on the calendar in case.

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #29 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Model: 1984 GL1200 Standard & 1987 GL1200 Interstate
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post

Just keeping my eyes on this one for the time being.

Not a good time of the year for us Limeys, we tend to melt like chocolate at anything over about 75f, so we would need air conditioned everything, even the food!!! Can someone ask the hotel if they have walk in fridges that we can book into!!

Goodness knows how we would be able to afford to come over, since we are coming this September, but it will be on the calendar in case.

It is in the mountains, so there will be shade and a breeze!

Brian
post #30 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwings 4 ever View Post
I asked for a room number and was told they don't guarantee specific rooms and he wouldn't give me a number, but I had booked a Cabana King on the 2nd floor under the name of Robert Smith.
They didn't give me a room number either but my email confirmation did state a "Cabana Room 1 King".
there are only four rooms that meet that description I believe.
thecruiser
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page