Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/13-nassir-meet-n-greet-forum/)
-   -   Riding in to NASSIR (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/13-nassir-meet-n-greet-forum/479138-riding-nassir.html)

RobTheHillbilly 01-06-2014 04:23 PM

Riding in to NASSIR

I was wondering for those that are coming from areas around mine (Upper East Tennessee) if anyone would want to meet up and have a group to show up at one time? Let me know what you all think about that idea.:waving:

youngnbald 01-07-2014 11:35 AM

I will be coming from the North. Wingding is being held in Madison, Wisconsin and ends July 5. Too far out for me to decide if I break up my ride over two days or straight in on Monday. 600 miles from my home in central Illinois, or more if I go from Madison, Wisconsin. Will be interesting to see when people are traveling and how. I push long rides so not sure who would want to travel my style? Fuel tank makes my breaks.

Flyone 01-08-2014 07:31 AM

I am planning on riding in to NASSIR 7 but I agree with Mark, it's a little far at this time to make a definite plan but a bunch of us rode into NASSIR 1 together from the Midwest and we certainly enjoyed ourselves coming in together.

dadztoy 01-14-2014 06:30 PM

We'll be coming over from Georgetown, TN (about 30 miles N of Chattanooga... Might be able to meet along the way somewhere - not exactly sure of our route just yet... We'll be bringing both the bike and the car as we'll have our puppy with us - we're in a cabin for accommodations...

Les

us385south 02-24-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadztoy (Post 2841146)
We'll be coming over from Georgetown, TN (about 30 miles N of Chattanooga... Might be able to meet along the way somewhere - not exactly sure of our route just yet... We'll be bringing both the bike and the car as we'll have our puppy with us - we're in a cabin for accommodations...

Les

I'll be coming from Texas but no one likes riding with me... because I am too slow... I wander around... A LOT! I also brake for fish camps, barbecue and breweries...

...and my bike is blue.

I will be leaving from the area around Monticello, GA headed that way sometime just after the "Fawth Uvh Joo-Lye." (as they say in the south.)

T

youngnbald 02-24-2014 05:47 PM

Getting excited to get all these rides in this year! Several mapped out and ice on roads is the only hold back at the moment. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

AJ1500 02-25-2014 09:13 AM

We will be riding in from Savannah Ga.
We are looking forward to dropping in on our first NASSIR this year and joining in on some of the fun and rides
We look forward to meeting a bunch of new freinds :-)

us385south 02-25-2014 03:18 PM

AJ1500

I think "The Snore's: live in Savannah... I am not sure if you are planning on coming through Athens or not... but if ya wanted to meet up there I could 'prolly do that...

Otherwise I'll be seeing ya at Fontana...

T

Chromo 02-26-2014 01:37 AM

Good to be thinking about the ride, helps warm the bones and fight off this cold weather. LOL

Still too far away though to be making any real plans for many of us. I know I'll be there, but not a clue where I will be riding in from or when yet.

I may ride in from here at home in MO/AR area or I may be up in OH and ride down from there.

BrianInPA 02-26-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by us385south (Post 2979657)
I'll be coming from Texas but no one likes riding with me... because I am too slow... I wander around... A LOT! I also brake for fish camps, barbecue and breweries...

...and my bike is blue.

I will be leaving from the area around Monticello, GA headed that way sometime just after the "Fawth Uvh Joo-Lye." (as they say in the south.)

T

That sounds like my kind of riding!!!

I better get busy on getting the bikes running right. Not sure which one I'm taking yet.