Need place to park /camp sunday night West TENN. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1000 1100 1200 1500 1800
Garage
Need place to park /camp sunday night West TENN.

We are heading to NASSIR 7 and getting a late start. Leaving Sunday after noon plan to get into western Tenn. Im looking for a place to parK over night we have a popup. anyone? I dont know the area and not sure how hard it will be to find a camp ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 06:58 AM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Just an idea - Run across 412 & cross the MS river on I-155 near Hayti, MO. If you want to run the big roads you can stay on 412 through Dyersburg to Jackson pick up I-40 again there. I-40 has construction in several places & the area around W. Memphis is a mess! Did a Google Maps search & found a few in NE AR & NW TN.

We're heading out Monday morning & plan to run secondary/back roads through NE AR, Northern TN & KY before dropping down to get on the Cherahola Skyway.

Andy
2002 GL1800

"Always have a smile on your face, makes everyone else think you're getting away with something"

If you woke up this morning, don't complain - You woke up!

"It's amazing how much good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1000 1100 1200 1500 1800
Garage
I was hoping to get as far as Jackson TN. sunday night or at least all the way through Memphis.I did see all that construction on 40 and have been thinking about secondary roads. Im in the river valley near Russellville AR. I did google camp grounds and found some.Need some thing easy to get in and out.we will be getting in late and leaving early. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
I'm going to say that you should be OK with finding a spot in any of the campgrounds on Sunday night. A lot of folks have spent the holiday weekend camping and will have pulled out on Sunday. I haven't camped in that side of the state yet but if its a quick stop you'll be fine. I-40 is a real pain to ride especially through the construction but it's a necessary evil if you're coming to points east. I recommend you try to avoid I-40 and Nashville altogether and get off on the southside of Memphis on hwy 7s and take it all the way over to Chattanooga, grab I-24 for a short ways and then travel 64 across and come in to Fontana from the south side. 64 is an AWESOME ride and most people miss it.

Regardless, have a safe trip and see you soon!

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 08:00 AM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Coming out of the Russellville area I'd take I-40 to Conway & take US64 across to Beebe then North on 64/67 to the Bald Knob exit. Take 64 across to Marion then take I-55 South to I-40 through W. Memphis. You'll have about 4-5 miles of construction there. Saw a few state parks along I-40 in/around Jackson. Maybe Google RV parks or use Good Sam to find a place.

Andy
2002 GL1800

"Always have a smile on your face, makes everyone else think you're getting away with something"

If you woke up this morning, don't complain - You woke up!

"It's amazing how much good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page