Thank You to the NASSIR 7 Attendees and Volunteers!!! - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Thank You to the NASSIR 7 Attendees and Volunteers!!!

Well, yet another NASSIR is done and in the history books!

I wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I really appreciate everyone who spent time and money to come to Fontana Dam, NC to attend NASSIR 7 this year. It was great to see old friends and meet some new ones and it warmed my heart to see you all having a good time enjoying each other's company! I sincerely hope everyone had a great time riding as well as socializing! I measured the success of the event in the smiles on everyone's faces and I think I lost count on the very first day!!! My ONLY regret is that I did not have enough personal time to visit with each and every one of you as much as I would have liked to.

A special thank you goes out to all those who helped to make NASSIR 7 such a wonderful event. Your willingness to get involved is admirable and it would not have been the event that it was without your helping hands every step of the way. I have so many people to thank for helping to bring the vision for NASSIR 7 to life!!!

Thank you all for allowing me to be your co-host!

John (Halfling)

John

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Co-owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Job well done!!! Hats off to you ,Bernie and all your helpers. As well as thanks to all who attended to make this event filled with special memories .

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Gregarious Greeter

Model: GL 1800
Garage
Thank you

Yesterday is for memories!
Today is for making memories!
Tomorrow is a concept that does not exist!
What are you waiting for? ... Sam-n-Elaine
Just livin\' the dream!!!!!
Just another day in paradise!!!!!
Honor above all else!!!!!
Thank you Dylan Saunders for the layout of my greeting!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 PM

Thank You, John (and all your family John) and Bernie.
This was a first for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lookin' forward to NASSIR 8.
thecruiser
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Great time had for sure. Just wish we could have helped out more. But the hosting crew handled it tirelessly. Heck of a job

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:18 PM

Year: 2001
Model: GL1800A
Garage
Had a wonderful time. This was our first NASSIR and loved every day. Thank you John and your family and also thank you Bernie. Looking forward to next year too.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Official "Cheeky Plonker"

Year: 1980-81-82-83
Model: GL1100STDASPENSTATE
I had a great time, thanks.

No Sir, we should be thanking you and all the other people that arranged it all

Thanks for all the time, money, blood, sweat and tears you guys & your families put into it, and I say this as someone who has spent 14 years and $15,000 rebuilding a $1000 bike, so I know!

It was wonderful meeting Dave and Mel and extra special being able to repay a token to the former, the main reason I was amongst your number, as well as some really good people, that really cared.

All apart from almost 1300 miles across this great country that I'll never forget. This American/Englishman discovered the Natchez Trace Parkway and the Trail of tears highway on the way there and I also thank ya'all, for that.

The failure of OGR1 was totally my fault and not that of the machine, this has been proven since my return and repairs are in hand as I speak.

BuckFarrack tells me you (John) are holding the T shirt you gave me, found hanging on a fence while I was DOMA, so if you feel like sending it on, PM me for an address and of course yours to return shipping costs, if not, I'll understand, and thanks again. Paul.

For what it's worth and if I may be so bold? The current rebuild of the `80, `81, `82 & `83 GL1100STDASPENSTATE can be followed on classicgoldwings.com in a thread called "The plan is to turn 140,000 into 50,000."

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidawg View Post
BuckFarrack tells me you (John) are holding the T shirt you gave me, found hanging on a fence while I was DOMA, so if you feel like sending it on, PM me for an address and of course yours to return shipping costs, if not, I'll understand, and thanks again. Paul.
Paul, Yer a Sport and I'm glad to have met you!! Next time we'll take better care of you I promise!!! Looking forward to the next time!

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 AM

Year: 2009
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
Our first NASSIR but not our last... An excellent job done by you John, and Bernie and all the other folks/staff that helped put this event on... We know how much work these things are from personal experience, and we want to say thank you to all for a great job...

See you all at NASSIR 8!!

Les

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page