LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 06:46 PM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Jeff View Post
Sad I can't make it.

Have fun guys!!!

Jeff M

Jeff, could you please post your avatar a little bigger/clearer, so we can read the fine print? What I see so far is quite amusing.

Why ain't we ridin'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 419 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Junior Grue

Model: 1984 Interstate "Canadian"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
Jeff, could you please post your avatar a little bigger/clearer, so we can read the fine print? What I see so far is quite amusing.
You can have one of your own for only $6.50.
http://store.fourguysguns.com/chairb...ger-pvc-patch/
flylow likes this.

Advise given here is free and comes with no warranty "Caveat emptor"

Ken.
post #133 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 02:16 AM
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 View Post
I'm here.
Weather here is still wintery.
60° today, but calling for about 8" of snow tomorrow.

...we're still waiting for the weather to break...
2 60° days in a row are a good sign though.
I am planning on attending and this will be my first Nassir. I was going to be staying at my brothers house, but things have changed for me and I would rather - gather with the attendees.

Can we get a report on the available camp grounds available to attendees? Some of us need some current information regarding the camping situation.

I don't want to ride into town and try to figure this all out. If possible, please provide some advance scouting for those of us coming from a long ways away.

Pricing.
Camp size and how many motorcyclists can share a spot.
Group camp site? How many attendees are planning on camping? Perhaps a group campsite is a good?
References? Can people vouch for what they have?
Wireless available to the campers?
Rail Road tracks close by? Freeway?

How close to the nearest Dairy Queen?

Thanks in advance for your scouting.
AZgl1800, flylow and jobe05 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:39 PM

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Larry good luck with your questions.

[/QUOTE]Can we get a report on the available camp grounds available to attendees? Some of us need some current information regarding the camping situation.

I don't want to ride into town and try to figure this all out. If possible, please provide some advance scouting for those of us coming from a long ways away.

Pricing.
Camp size and how many motorcyclists can share a spot.
Group camp site? How many attendees are planning on camping? Perhaps a group campsite is a good?
References? Can people vouch for what they have?
Wireless available to the campers?
Rail Road tracks close by? Freeway?

How close to the nearest Dairy Queen?

Thanks in advance for your scouting.[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting your answers. People have been asking about camping for months without any solid answers. Rather disappointing that we are only 3.5 months away and haven't been able to get the answers we need to make reservations or plans.

Don (Parman)

"Sappers Lead the Way"
US Army (Retired)
101st Airborne Division (Ft Campbell KY)
1st Calvary Division (Ft Hood TX)
2nd Inf Division (Korea)
54th Engineer Bn (Germany)
Member of Patriot Guard Riders IL/WI

Honorary Wild Rhino

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod (trout)downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw", so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

95 1500 SE
Mileage: 103472

2010 GL1800
Mileage: 3604
post #135 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Good luck getting your answers. People have been asking about camping for months without any solid answers. Rather disappointing that we are only 3.5 months away and haven't been able to get the answers we need to make reservations or plans.
Some have picked their campgrounds already. Some good choices have been made. I like Yogi Bear. I like the one on 12th Street here. My favorite is Trent. There are other choices that I'll be tending to soon.
post #136 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Friend of Bill W.

Model: 1800A
Garage
I am originally from Brookings, SD. 60 miles north of Sioux Falls. I have friends and family in Brookings. I don't want to make a reservation at some RV Park that has generators running at night, loud parties all night and or people "permanently" living there... as in almost homeless.

How hard can it be for someone local.... to ride by these "proposed" sites, take a few pictures, as some questions from the onsite people? Maybe put us campers onto a group thing? We will bring the hot dogs!

Maybe I have too high expectations. I am riding 1500 miles to come meet some people for the first time. I am not interested in "figuring it out" when I get there. It would take me about 20 minutes to head north to Brookings and forget the whole thing.

I have watched me do that very thing before and I really don't think anyone noticed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #137 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

It's not hard.
You're from this area. You know what it's like. Try finding a campground owner when there is 8" of snow on the ground...

It is 32°F and overcast here right now. I've a memorial ride this afternoon and will get back into the general mix of all things motorcycling after this weekend.

Though not much has been happening with actually riding motorcycles yet this year, I've been plenty busy with motorcycling in other areas. From a NASSIR event logo design for t-shirts and such to volunteering for Abate and Steam functions at my local, chapter level.
My absence in posting here just means that I'm not much on small-talk. For those wanting campground info; it is coming. Just pencil-in your away dates and I'll get a headcount of who and where from those that have already found spots, and from those waiting to find spots.

I'm telling 'ya now, ...the second week in July around here is crazy with the bike stuff.
A quiet and peaceful night of sleeping under the stars?
I ain't counting on that for anyone....
post #138 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Campground Information Needed

I pulled up the Sioux Falls Tourist Bureau website and see they have some info that may be applicable:

Sleep Under the Stars

You don't like to be cooped up -- we get it. Relax under the stars and surrounded by nature when you camp in any of our state parks.
Please note: Sioux Falls-area state parks include Walkers Point, Lake Herman, Newton Hills, Lake Vermillion, Big Sioux, and the Palisades. You can make reservations up to 90 days before your arrival, and non-South Dakota residents will need to pay a $7.70-per-site nonrefundable fee.

If you plan to camp, you'll also need a camping permit. For more information, please visit the SD Game, Fish & Parks website or contact us.

for a link to their info:

Click Here => http://visitsiouxfalls.com/places-to-stay/campgrounds/

KOA http://koa.com/campgrounds/sioux-falls/

State Fairgrounds Camping http://www.siouxempirefair.com/wh-ly...rounds/camping

Yogi Bear Campground https://www.jellystonesiouxfalls.com/

Tower Campground http://www.towercampground.com/

Westwick Motel/RV Park http://visitsiouxfalls.com/places-to...otel-rv-park/?

~ John

Last edited by AZgl1800; 04-04-2016 at 09:08 AM.
post #139 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Things you might wish to go see while we are all in Sioux Falls

https://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...ls-TG-C-1.html

a place called The Butterfly House

There is a war time memorial created also:

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/14c914/

The battleship USS South Dakota, designated BB-57, served with great distinction in the US Navy during World War II. The same class as the Alabama and Massachusetts, she was armed with nine 16-inch guns, twenty five-inch guns, and a formidable array of light anti-aircraft guns.

Clearly, there would be no way to bring such a giant warship so far inland, but Sioux Falls has an organization dedicated to the memory of the ship and all the sailors who served aboard her. They have created a fitting memorial to all of them, which is worh seeing. One of the battleship's massive 16-inch guns is on display, as well as a model of the ship, some assorted memorabilia, and a historical plaque. Address: 12th Street & Kiwanis Avenue
Directions: Located at Sherman Park.

short of me driving up and looking around, I thought I would see what the WWW world can do for us, lacking any real info so far.

~ John

Last edited by AZgl1800; 04-04-2016 at 09:01 AM.
post #140 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 08:39 AM

Model: 2010
Garage
Charging non-residents sure promotes State tourism doesn't it. SD isn't the only State that does this. Your camp site might be $20 but by the time you pay your Park Entrance Fee, add on the foreign nationals fee, pay taxes, and buy some firewood...ittsa $50 night

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
I pulled up the Sioux Falls Tourist Bureau website and see they have some info that may be applicable:

Sleep Under the Stars

You don't like to be cooped up -- we get it. Relax under the stars and surrounded by nature when you camp in any of our state parks.
Please note: Sioux Falls-area state parks include Walkers Point, Lake Herman, Newton Hills, Lake Vermillion, Big Sioux, and the Palisades. You can make reservations up to 90 days before your arrival, and non-South Dakota residents will need to pay a $7.70-per-site nonrefundable fee.

If you plan to camp, you'll also need a camping permit. For more information, please visit the SD Game, Fish & Parks website or contact us.

for a link to their info:

Click Here => http://visitsiouxfalls.com/places-to-stay/campgrounds/

2010 That is Black and has a Black Trailer on the Back.
2003 That is the fastest Red I've ever seen
Riding a 4 wheeler, 2 of them are on the trailer
My hair is white, my neck is red, my collar is blue.
Darkside #1721
2010 Rear-Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55R/16
2003 Rear-Goodyear Eagle Ultragrip 195/55R/16
Wild Rhino
Group of Ten (Those ten guys from Winnipeg)
AKA Wingerpeg

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page