NASSIR 9 - Sioux Falls, SD - Page 24 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 08:05 PM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Well, Q. It's not likely NASSIR will be that close to you for a while. Maybe it would be a good idea to squeeze it in while you can.

And we won't care if you have some white residue on your duds.

Why ain't we ridin'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 05:18 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
Well, Q. It's not likely NASSIR will be that close to you for a while. Maybe it would be a good idea to squeeze it in while you can.

And we won't care if you have some white residue on your duds.
I have seen the guy eat........ He usually has stains on his cloths of some sort......

I know the feeling on house repairs..... Last year I could have built a new house for what I had to put into this one..... But it's a must do! I hope the Hag is doing well with her root canals...... Ouch.

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #233 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Maybe you could afford for one of you to attend, I vote for the wife ( I met this lovely lady last year in Edgefield, I have no Idea how she got the nickname "Hag")

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:56 PM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
A week ago I made a post asking what I thought were some very pertinent questions. It's now been a week & have received no response at all. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I at least expected some type of response from the host! Another member responded & not all of us have unlimited funds for our credit cards. Most of us do have the cards but still need to be frugal in what we spend/charge. I am still hoping for a response to alleviate concerns some of us may have as to what to expect. Sorry if this seems "harsh" to the host but I don't really care to go into this event "flying blind"!
Goldwinger likes this.

Andy
2002 GL1800

"Always have a smile on your face, makes everyone else think you're getting away with something"

If you woke up this morning, don't complain - You woke up!

"It's amazing how much good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
post #235 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
I was never attending this one, as we have attended most others. From what I see going on here is a disgrace to the NASSIR tradition. I wish you all well. I suspect we will never see an N 10. Maybe time to move onto other events that are well organized and thought out. NASSIR 5 sure comes to Mind in that Matter.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I really don't GAF.
Silverfox and Broke Winger like this.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
post #236 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawggy View Post
I was never attending this one, as we have attended most others. From what I see going on here is a disgrace to the NASSIR tradition. I wish you all well. I suspect we will never see an N 10. Maybe time to move onto other events that are well organized and thought out. NASSIR 5 sure comes to Mind in that Matter.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I really don't GAF.
Too bad that you refuse to make it out here.
I do Give A ****, and you'll've missed out on something special.
...and Yes, N10 will happen ...even if I have do it again myself in a different location with a front-man.
Lighten Up and come on out here. You might learn something on relationship building with the World of Motorcycling that is beyond the screen in front of you.
I've something quite interesting that you may or may not benefit from. Depends on who you ride with and why...
post #237 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 06:59 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawggy View Post
Hawggy,

we have N10 all lined up, and I am pretty sure that we have N11 and N12 taken care of also.

My thread asking for future hosts produced the results that I wanted to see, and 3 future hosts came out of the wood work.

2 of the 3 will be close to you, 1 looks like it will be in Alpine, Texas 2 years from now.
and Travis McCulley has been to NASSIR events.

I will have with me at N9 all of the details for N10 printed out in full color, so all can see what is planned, unlike what happened this year. There will be no lack of info, the hotel can be reserved immediately if you so choose.

The ride routes are already taken care of, the camping area is already taken care of, and it is free.

So, don't be disenchanted with NASSIR events... we are going to have fun like we always have.

~ John

post #238 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 08:14 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
Steve, no offense, but I think what your missing is that this is a forum event for the members, by the members. Keeping everything tight lipped is doing nothing but turning people off. I have never met you, but I know you through your post and have no doubt that you can put on an event that could please the masses, but very few are going to be willing to take a weeks vacation from their families, spend untold amounts based on no information for an event we know nothing about. Your disrespect to John and Andy leaves me to believe if your not going to answer to the event managers, your not going to give us a second thought either. Again, this is not the "Host's" event, this is a forum event where the members have always had a say in the daily activities. My guess is, as said on another thread, had you'd ever attended one, you'd know that.

I won't be making it to the event, but that decision has nothing to do about my feelings about the event, I would love to come, scheduling conflicts with business are the sole reason.
post #239 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Steve,

PLEASE post up the agenda, we all are waiting with bated breath to know what special things there will be to do during the event.

In Edgefield we knew there was going to be a range day at the NWTF which generated a lot of excitement.

At Fontana Dam we knew there was going to be an organized ride with a guided tour of Wheels Through Time which generated a lot of excitement.

I could go on but I think you can see my point is there are many among us that do not take secrecy and anticipation well.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
post #240 of 419 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:53 PM

Year: 1980
Model: GL1100
My 2 Cents

The requests for information are reasonable. Ignoring them and being cryptic in the responses is not the right approach, Planning events can at times be frustrating for the organizer. Commitments are initially made by vendors, they drop out, come back with less than originally discussed the list goes on.

Do an A to Z review of the current status on all aspects of the event to date that are confirmed, were initially proposed along with the changes and additions. If it is a cost item estimate the cost from the quotes received to date with the stipulation that is it estimated and update once confirmed.

It is what it is at this point. If everyone knows going in what is confirmed instead of having false expectations or not knowing upon arrival it will make for a more enjoyable event and they can plan ahead. Anything else added can be updated and be considered a plus.

Communication is key. If the quarterback doesn't share the play chances of getting in the end zone are nil.

In the end you will be riding motorcycles, gathering with old friends, making new ones and doing something good for a charity, Nothing wrong with that!
AZgl1800 likes this.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; You can look up the rest.

Theodore Roosevelt
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page