Home Safe from Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Page 3 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

25Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorebabe View Post
The Snore's along with coffee pot and ladybug arrived in Rapid City about 1:30 Friday. We have been through Custer's State Park.....twice, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, rode through the Badlands National Park to and from Wall, SD. We've ridden so much that SD can't get the roads paved fast enough....oh it did happen....we have video. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting those whom we had not met. We plan to be here until Friday and mosey our way home via visiting with Digger and The Boss.

Great, I really enjoyed visiting with ya'll again. and looking forward to me getting down into your country again next year returning home from NASR10.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL
June 18th, 19th and 20th of 2019

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 03:46 PM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Goldwings 4 Ever and the Mrs. home safe and sound.

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Awesome, so much enjoyed our picnic table discussions.
Looking forward to seeing you at NASR10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Got home about 3:30 this afternoon safe and sound. 21 days on the road 6245Km. (about 4000 miles)
Again would like to thank Bob and Anita for helping make what would have been a long hot road trip into an amazing adventure.
Was great to see those who chose to show up despite the bad karma that was in place. And helped make it a great time.
Was a lot of fun watching Snorebaby tucking his bike into bed each night, my bike was soooo jealous.

And of course on our last night on the way home (last night) I forgot my cell phone in the hotel room. They are Fed Xing it up to me.
AZgl1800 likes this.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I can't imagine leaving "home" without my phone.
I would be absolutely starving for internet ability

NASR 12 in Galena, IL

~ John
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Snorebaby's CFO

Snorebaby and I arrived home safely around 10 PM last night. We enjoyed visiting all that attended N9. Now to recuperate from our travels.

Snorebabe (Michele) and Snorebaby (Doug)

2015 GL1800HPNMF "Scarlett"

'90 GL1500SE "Pearl"

'86 CMX450 Rebel
'85 GL1200 LTD---SOLD
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Got home today. States traveled; NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, IA, SD, MN, WY, MT, ID, NV, CA, AZ, NM, CO, KS, then back through IL, IN, OH, PA, NY. 6484.8 on the truck pulling the toy hauler and I think it was about 1000 on the trike.

Very good trip overall. I am glad we saw the things we did but I will not miss the deserts of ID, NV and AZ. Pretty tough country to like for this fella.

Colorado....ahh Colorado, you have stolen my heart. I could live in those foothills and take my day trips into her mountains and enjoy myself immensely. Monarch pass, Wolf Creek Pass, Million Dollar Highway, Ouray, Telluride, Black canyon of the Gunnison, Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, All are marvelous places. I have yet to see Aspen, Rocky Mountain National Park, Glenwood Springs and several other places but from what I have seen so far, Me heart and soul would be satisfied with Colorado.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 09:26 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Glad to hear your home safe and had a wonderful trip .
Sure am sorry we missed NASSIR II in Montrose . I definitely have to get Mrs Ona out to CO. as well as see more of my self. The parts I have seen were great to visit . Now if someone would just build me a small home/shop out there on our desert acreage.....

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Doug,
I used to live in Dumas, TX and Stinnett, TX and Albuquerque, NM and Phoenix, AZ.

I have traveled all over those places you mention both on vacations and on business.

I never, ever, got tired of seeing the colors of NW New Mexico change from dawn to dark. It is a country that you have to learn to love.... the first time visitor is just appalled with the heat and "the sameness" of it....

but, it is not "all the same", there are changes to be seen with every mile you travel. You missed some great Native American museums in the northwestern parts of New Mexico. The only way you would have found them was to have traveled the dirty brown roads on the Reservations.....

I have spent many an hour walking through those museums, and learning of the Anasazi Indians that used to live there. Fantastic people, but they just disappeared all at once "seemingly" and we don't know where they went to.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL

~ John
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page