Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1800 tires tires tires

905 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  pcfix_3 
#1 ·
imported post

i was checking for some tires for my 2010 1800. i don't see too many that will fit. i thought someone here said they ran bridgestone's but i don't see a match. i have that great wobble at 40. and some of you guys talked about switching tires from the avons. i am going to take it back to the dealer but i thought maybe i would check out the tires too.

#2 ·
imported post

I believe one of the issues with the 1800 was a lack of tire choices. I have a 1200 so I don't know for sure, but have heard it several times.

#3 ·
imported post

Maybe time to try"darkside" (car tire on rear) or "double darkside" (car tire on rear, rear mc tire reversed on front). Do a search on these forums... lots of info, and no one complaining of wobbles after that from what I can see. Ever try Dunlop E3s? Lots of guys running them here.

#5 ·
imported post

Bridgestone G709 front (63H), G704 for the rear (77H). A 77 rated tire is designed to carry 908 lbs. A Dunlop E3 rear is an 80H tire, good for 992 lbs. An Avon Cobra is 74H, good for 827 lbs. As I recall, with a passenger, some gas, gear (helmets, jackets) my bike was about 930 on the rear. With luggage, ready to travel, I'd bet it was close to 1,000 lbs.

This could be why we go through tires so fast, and whythe Wing has such a low weight placard.

Your wobble is caused by a number of factors, mostly bad /weak suspension thatcauses the tires to not wear smoothly and cup. The worse the tires get, the worse your wobble. I won't beat this poor dead and decaying horse right now, just search on wobble and see what you get. Certainly one of the top 10 subjects, after Traxxion, tires, oil, and Car Tires.

:fighting: :headbanger: :dumb:

=Dave=

#6 ·
imported post

I used E3s on my 1800, no problems, and even better though whenI put the CT on the rear. When running only the MC tires, I ran 41/41 pressure, and didn't have a wobble. With the CT on the rear, I run 41 front, 37 rear, no wobble.:smiler:

Gene:action:

#7 ·
imported post

CT (non runflat) at 40 psi no wobble. I ran bridgestones and didn't have a wobble for a while. that is until the tires got a little worn and started cupping. I had e3s on her when i got her. about the same report as the stones, just more noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.