Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool or Not Cool

2K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  CaptainMidnight85 
#1 ·
imported post

I have a 93 that had the PO's Names on it. Took them off and can still see them at the right angle. Is is still cool to have mine and my wife's name on the trunk?
Don't want to be uncool. Bad enough the Harley Guys stopped waving after selling my V star>>>

#2 ·
imported post

NCRider51 wrote:
....Bad enough the Harley Guys stopped waving after selling my V star>>>
I cant offer how to get the ghost names off , perhaps someone on here can help with that .

Is it cool or not ? I dont see a problem about it . Its yours and if you want your names on it , I say go for it . This may hide the other names from showing .

If the Harley guys dont want to wave to a fellow rider, I say to heck with them . Its not worth the worry of what they think . You are out on the road enjoying the same breeze they feel . Though your breeze sounds like the whisper of wind thru the pines and theres likely sounds like a full on thunderstorm . :ROFL:

#3 ·
imported post

It's all about impressing those harley guys, huh?

Why bother.

The cool thing is to ride your own ride and screw what anyone else thinks.
paint what you want to on it...... it's YOUR bike.

You probably shouldn't look to us to tell you what's cool,
we're just a bunch of old dudes that ride goldwings.

Heck, one of us even wears a thong on his head!

:smiler:

#5 ·
imported post

Actually I think it's kewl to have your moniker on the bike.... it shows its yours.... but painting your name on it... and the difficulty removing it can lessen it's resale value. Not an issue if your gonna keep it forever and ever.... but we seldom do.

We have found that custom ordered vinyl stickers work much better.

But as one or many have said.... it's yours... do what you want!

Attachments

#6 ·
imported post

Cool? ...Harley Guy's? >>> Come-on, Man! ;)

Iwas out riding around earlier enjoying this beautiful cold, wet weather. There was enough waving going on to know who was enjoying it and who wasn't I suppose.. Let it get cold and wet out... :cool:

I'm comfortable in the stuff myself. So are others. We know who we are. We don't rub it onto nobody who don't want it. They wouldn't understand riding in it by choice anyway. Riding all year long is "cool". Make that happen and you're doing something many of us cannot do and would envy you for doing it.

Can't say much about the name stuff. Not my thing though.

Attachments

#7 ·
imported post

norton wrote:
It's all about impressing those harley guys, huh?

Why bother.

The cool thing is to ride your own ride and screw what anyone else thinks.
paint what you want to on it...... it's YOUR bike.

You probably shouldn't look to us to tell you what's cool,
we're just a bunch of old dudes that ride goldwings.

Heck, one of us even wears a thong on his head!

:smiler:
:shock::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:But......but........I ain't old!! :badgrin:

I do agree withNorton, Just like he said, ride your own ride and who cares what anyone thinks! When they start paying for your bike, then maybe they would have a say. Until you start seeing a check from them..........:raspberry:

#8 ·
imported post

yeah i went to look at a bike awhile back that someone had pinstriped their names on it would have been ok it it matched my name and my wifes but it didnt lol

even if you buzz it off you'll still see the lettering 3m makes a cutting compound but i still think at a angle you'll still se the diffrence and the outline of the words maybe cover up the area with a little mural or something like that?

#9 ·
imported post

My favorite was on the back of a 1200. The left saddle bag said "His", right side said "Hers", and the trunk said "Ours". The bike was black with gold painted pinstriping done very tastefully, and the words in a script that matched the pinstriping well. Looked good to me...

#10 ·
imported post

I think that it's a lot cooler to get the lady to wear the thong with your initials on itbecuase ther is'nt enough room for your hole name.:cool:But it's your bike cools what makes you happy with it if other people don't like it let them buy the next one bet there input stops.

#11 ·
imported post

It depends on you. I don't think names on the bike are cool, nor stuffed animals on the trunk either for that matter. But what I like isn't germane, what's important is what the owner likes. Same for the general public or other riders. I have a Gadsden 'Don't tread on me' flag on the back of my bike and a NRA decal too. I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. It does say something about me but it's something you'd know if you talked to me for a few minutes anyway. It pleases me.

So go with what you like and let the world go hang.:action:

#13 ·
imported post

Wow! That got some emotion going:applause: I was just saying since I had a '93 with names on the back, I wanted to see if it was still in style to have names. If I was worried about Harley Guys I would have one. Besides, It is paid for.
I am the kind of guy if everyone is going one way I go another.
I am not out to impress anyone, just saying that I noticed that I get the "Here comes a moped" look from them.
I recently met a GWRRA member and I asked about the non waving Harley guys. He said " You would be mad too if you paid all that money and your bike rode like that!.

So I am off to the Vinyl Graphics guy to make me some nice GOLD names for the back. I might even post some pics!!
Thanks

#16 ·
imported post

Nice Bike Scott!

When I was out riding one day I had stopped for a drink. A guy on a HD drove up and when he got off his bike he was shaking his arms like they were hurting, I asked if HD shook that much that it hurt his arms, he looked at me sternly and asked "Do you have a problem with Harley's" I said No, I don't own one so I have no Problems at all..... Have a nice day.....

#19 ·
imported post

Thanks,
I saw this bike in Tennessee on Craigslist and told him I wanted it. Went the next day and drove it back 250 miles. Never drove a bike that big. Leg got cramps at the lights:(
I did nothing to it but service it. The PO bought all that chrome!!
With 80,000 miles it has scratches, etc but she rides like a Cadillac :action:

Come on Fall.. ready for those leaves to change!!

Attachments

#20 ·
imported post

Your wing looks great!!!:thumbsup:

Cool passed me by years ago and I ain't chasin' it down:ROFL:

#21 ·
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Nice Bike Scott!

When I was out riding one day I had stopped for a drink. A guy on a HD drove up and when he got off his bike he was shaking his arms like they were hurting, I asked if HD shook that much that it hurt his arms, he looked at me sternly and asked "Do you have a problem with Harley's" I said No, I don't own one so I have no Problems at all..... Have a nice day.....
Good one, so it sounds like he was a badass...Just wanting to fight.. Right...Most of those badass bikers are not trained fighters, a boxer would light one up in a hurry..And he might only weigh 150 pounds...

#23 ·
imported post

Scott... are those real live junipers in the background of the second shot? And that color... isn't that... I mean isn't that... sorta like... GREEN! North Carolina must be a garden of Eden... you have green living plants there!

BTW... the bike looks good too. Love, love, love that color!

Seriously... I am always hesitant to add defining characteristics that someone would be hard pressed to undo later... but that's me. I like my bike kind of plain.

Except for my preoccupation with LED lights...

Do what ya like and just keep waving at those Hardly riders anyway... you have more style now than they could ever hope to buy!

Down here in Texas you'd be El Hombre Grande! And a hit at all the parties around here... you could tell and re-tell stories of mythical far away occurrences like... water actually falling from the sky.

T

#24 ·
imported post

us385south wrote:
Down here in Texas you'd be El Hombre Grande! And a hit at all the parties around here... you could tell and re-tell stories of mythical far away occurrences like... water actually falling from the sky.

T
Maybe if I add a couple thousand dollars more of chrome, high end stereo, etc.:ROFL:

That is funny stuff.

No, it is actually pretty dry here. Yes it is usually very green here. But not as green as those Blue Ridge Mountains. You would love it, the minute you hit the parkway the temperature drops 20 degrees. Great place to be.

#25 ·
imported post

NCRider51 wrote:
Maybe if I add a couple thousand dollars more of chrome, high end stereo, etc.:ROFL:

That is funny stuff.

No, it is actually pretty dry here. Yes it is usually very green here. But not as green as those Blue Ridge Mountains. You would love it, the minute you hit the parkway the temperature drops 20 degrees. Great place to be.
Dry... in NC? Not one drop. Not one. Here in San Marcos since last April.

I lived in Charlotte from 1996 to 2001.

Blue Ridge... rode it years ago in a 1973 Triumph Spitfire. But would love to come back again and run it on the wing. But I did make it up into NC this past summer...

Pics: http://culleynet.com/zen/The%20Road/georgia-2011/

None the less... that is a straight-up sharp looking bike you got there...

#26 ·
imported post

Thanks US385South,
I just spent the last hour looking at your site. I need to slow down and take some shots myself.
BTW, love the Photo stitching. I toy around with PS CS3. I do magazine advertising layouts exclusively with Photoshop.

I might try the windshield chop. Looks like you took 6-8 inches off. Right now I look through scratches about there anyway.

I was going to ask how it stood up in rain, but let's not go there.:sadguy:

Great bikes you have too, love the Aspy mine just has the emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.