Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Reasons to ride, breakfast and good deeds.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
pcfix_3

Year: 2004
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Post imported post

Ya, I know how you feel on that. The same roads back and forth to work which happen to be the same roads that I take when we go shopping, etc. There's still plenty of good riding weather in my area though. I love the twisties in the branson/lake of the ozarks area and the scenery is very beautiful. Branson is actually where I took my wife for our honeymoon. I love how the fog just hangs low in the valleys in the mornings, I can remember riding on the back of my uncle's Harley one mid summer morning going to his work. Everything was so still and peaceful. Going up over the hills and you can see over the fog that your about to drive into. Did I mention it's very beautiful. The road hazards are kind of entertaining too. Frogs, turtles, armadillo, deer, skunks, opossums, and fox just to name a few. I will definitely look you up the next time I'm there. I'd be willing to drive to Thayer too if you have a coffee shop or DQ, LOL. Even just to see the scenery. I think we might be going through that area some time next summer to visit my family there and to visit family in Kansas. It's not set in stone yet though so I can't say for sure. Oh, and if you go to that Walmart and see a short blondish haired woman named Debby working there tell her Adam says Hi. She's my aunt.

There really is nothing like riding on a wing.

Total Bike Miles: 106,000+ wing miles and counting.
Current rides: 04 GL1800 (my baby), 14 Yamaha Star Bolt
Previous Rides:
1980 Suzuki GS1000, USS Louisiana Gold (SSBN 743)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome