Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suggestion For Future NASSIR Events

5K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  ziadelsol 
#1 ·
imported post

I didn't notice one at NASSIR 4 (unless I am havng a senior moment) and I didn't attend NASSIR 1 thru 3 so this may have already been discussed but I didn't see an official "Guest Book" for everyone to sign. I would like to suggest that this be part of the NASSIR events going forward and I would also like to offer up that if everyone is in agreement that I will get/make a nice durable guest book that can be passed from event to event and bring it to NASSIR 5 next July. I think it would be an excellent historical tradition to implement.

Thoughts?

#27 ·
imported post

Thanks for the PM John! It looks great! :claps::claps::claps:

#29 ·
imported post

Just wondering if anyone might have buttons from the first four NASSIR laying around. Those would be a good addition!

#32 ·
imported post

I have some from all of them. I will be glad to give them to Halfling.

#34 ·
imported post

D-Rod wrote:
Button Lady could probably make up a batch of buttons from each NASSIR so far and NASSIR 3 T-SHIRT and also send you cut out papers and buttons.
I'm sure you talked to her about this before you posted that............and then the fight started! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

#35 ·
imported post

That would be great D-Rod! Just keep in mind that it all has to be securely attachable to the outside or inserted as a printed page (or partial page) that can go in the three ring binder. I have lot's of plastic pages for inserting photos too. As an example, a page with the t-shirt design is fine but the actual t-shirt may not be.

Hmmm, just thinking out loud here but I will be arriving at NASSIR 5 on Sunday afternoon and will be there through Friday. Maybe we should just bring "stuff" and have an old fashion quilting bee and create it during NASSIR 5. I can have all of the internals that I have planned for it already in it and then everyone else can add what they want throughout the week. What do you folks think?

#36 ·
imported post

Halfling wrote:
Hmmm, just thinking out loud here but I will be arriving at NASSIR 5 on Sunday afternoon and will be there through Friday. Maybe we should just bring "stuff" and have an old fashion quilting bee and create it during NASSIR 5. I can have all of the internals that I have planned for it already in it and then everyone else can add what they want throughout the week. What do you folks think?
I think it is a good idea! If everybody brought stuff down to add...it could be like a time capsule! :thumbsup:

#42 ·
#43 ·
imported post

Members with reservations at the Motel 62:

Here is the list that I received from the Motel today.

Please check this list and if you have made a reservation prior to today and you name is NOT on this list. Call the motel immediately! 877-327-1080

This is the current reservation list they have:

Jimmy Robertson

John Craig

Dennis Margesom

Michell Norm

Miles Watts

John Greenhill

John Laramore

Bruce Murray

Mike Kramer

Dennis Ruda

Robert Smith

William McCoughly

Angie Hoskins

Leroy Swogger

Mark Schmidt

William Burch

Steve Saunders

Bill Ladigo

Graig Keagy

Juniper Wing

Caterer

Roger Conroy

Ciaran Meyler

Robert Drigger

Joe Quainton

Larry Boak

Randall Burch

John White

lana Bond

Richard Woodson

Terrence Breese

Andy Williams

David Winn

Scott Mckay

Marty Anderson

John Mclannahan

Eugene Kleinschmidt

Dennis Fluke

Michelle Hemmingway

Michelle Hemmingway

Brian Shultz

Brian Shultz

Lewis Wilkie

Rex Cameron

Tony Remster

Dennis Smith

Andrew Katz

Ned Jewet

Denzil Stout

#44 ·
imported post

Button Lady wrote:
Nah! I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you.:ROFL:

Even though D-Rod didn't TELL me to, I would be glad to make a set of buttons & I can print out the design we used for NASSIR 3 t-shirts.

See you soon.
No need to make extra buttons unless you really want to. The extras that made it to Port Orchard last year are now in Flyone's hands, and there are alreadyplenty of extras from all 4 NASSIR's if I remember correctly. Thanks again Button Lady!!

John

#45 ·
imported post

Halfling wrote:
The new "NASSIR Historical Register" is coming along fine. The actual container is now complete and ready for me to start installing the actual contents. Still could use some more "stuff" to decorate it with but I'm sure something will turn up! Here's a few teaser pics....
That's some nice work there Sir! Well done! :applause:

John

#46 ·
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Button Lady wrote:
Nah! I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you.:ROFL:

Even though D-Rod didn't TELL me to, I would be glad to make a set of buttons & I can print out the design we used for NASSIR 3 t-shirts.

See you soon.
No need to make extra buttons unless you really want to.  The extras that made it to Port Orchard last year are now in Flyone's hands, and there are already plenty of extras from all 4 NASSIR's if I remember correctly.  Thanks again Button Lady!!

John

Yep! I've got them in the stack right along with my thong. ;)

#47 ·
imported post

Update on the NASSIR Historical Register: The container is complete except for outside decorations. It's got a dedication page, a basic history section, a remembrance section, a section for each of the previous NASSIR events (1-4), and even a section at the end for "Eyeball Cards". Each of the NASSIR sections has T-shirt Graphics if available, host , location and attendance lists and pages for significant or memorable photos.

So, here's the plan just so everyone is aware of the process.

Each year the NASSIR Historical Register will be delivered to each Host of the next NASSIR event when announced at the end of the current NASSIR. If unable to transport it with them, is designed so that it can be shipped if necessary. They will be responsible for it's safe keeping as well as making it available at their hosted NASSIR Event the following year. They will in turn pass it on to the next host and so on.

Each year at NASSIR, the Register will be available for viewing as well as additions/modifications/corrections. This will include the guest book pages with sign in information so be SURE to sign in every year!!!

So, this year at NASSIR 5, Flyone will have the Register set up at a table for your viewing. In addition, if you want to participate in it's external decorations please feel free to bring whatever you feel is appropriate. We have some things that I will bring and I will provide glue and what not for mounting pins, badges, emblems, etc. If you bring pictures for inclusion then they should be printed out and pre-inserted into standard three ring binder protective sheets.

I've done my best to get us off to a good start and hopefully everyone will contribute in some way, manner or form to make it a true "time capsule" of our annual NASSIRs and this great Family Forum!!!

#48 ·
imported post

Very nice job John and Thank You!! :claps::claps::claps:

#49 ·
imported post

Very Cool!!!!

#51 ·
imported post

Halfling wrote:
Update on the NASSIR Historical Register:
I've done my best to get us off to a good start and hopefully everyone will contribute in some way, manner or form to make it a true "time capsule" of our annual NASSIRs and this great Family Forum!!!

:applause::applause:You did an awesome job John, The container looks awesome as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.