Intellitxt Adds - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 12:36 PM

Model: 2008 GL1800
I did nothing intentionally and I have run every Malware and virus scanner I can find and they found nothing on my computer. I'm stumped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Model: 1984 GL1200 Standard & 1987 GL1200 Interstate
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwims View Post
I did nothing intentionally and I have run every Malware and virus scanner I can find and they found nothing on my computer. I'm stumped.
Then don't feel bad beecause there are other members' posts that have those links also.

Brian
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 12:10 AM

I too have been trying to get rid of these things on my PC for months. The ads appear whether or not I'm logged into the forum. In fact, the word "will" in the last post above is one of them now. However, when I use the forum on my other laptop or at work, I never see them if I'm logged in.

It's got to be some sort of malware. I think my whole PC is running slower than it should. I've run every scan I could find on this machine, and I even took it to a professional shop. They agreed there was something there but even they couldn't find it. They wanted to reformat the hard drive then re-install Windows and everything else, but I said no thanks. There must be someway to get rid of these ads without having to wipe everything out and start again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 11:33 AM

Model: 2008 GL1800
Ok, I think I have figured out some of the problem with all the highlighted words. The culprit appears to be Google Toolbar. Up by the Sign In is a picture of a wrench with a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and select Options. On the tabs to the left select Tools. Take the check out of the line Highlight, save at the bottom and that problem should be solved.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum > Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page