LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1999
Make: test
Model: test
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddykitchen View Post
Instead of being "aggressive" about fixing your screw-ups once the horse is out of the gate, why not try being "aggressive" about using a better system in the first place?

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...calscope-hack/

I'm against the homogenization of the motorcycle industry as it is, and Vertical Scope is way up near the top of my list of offenders. VS and Bonnier Group might be following some sort of "business model" in their eyes, but from my seat in the bleachers all you're doing is acting like vultures (and inept ones at that).

The article fails to mention that the breach was suspected from a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal and law enforcement level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundknob View Post
So what am I supposed to do if I was originally registered with a now non existent email address? Wasn't sent a temporary password of course. System doesn't recognize my current one of course. Can't do squat here.
You can PM us directly and we can look into updating your accounts email address to your current one to get you back up and running.

Fire me off a PM and i'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Yes, it was poorly done.
It should have allowed us to log in, then make sure our email address is updated FIRST and then have us change our password AFTER we have logged in.

that way, no problems would have ever occurred for us.
Thanks for your feedback. We are making changes to how the system notifies members and rolls out the passwords. I apologise for the issues you've been dealing with on this and hope we can work together to sort it all out.

Thanks,
- JB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
I'm at a loss here, do have to change my password again? I just did the fancy one with the capital letter, number and special symbol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 03:01 PM

Model: 1995 GL1500 Aspencade, 1985 GL1200 Aspencade, 1983 GL1100 Standard with Vetter Windjammer fairing.
As Trike Lady/Valerie can confirm, being a Goldwing Owners Forum moderator, we've got a new variation of what happened here. Now a text box comes up telling of the need for changes and what to do and guess what? It locks up the screen! Can't close the text box by hitting the upper right-hand "X", so you can't do anything but close the screen and start all over again, which leads you right back to the same stuck situation. Well, at least it's a different Catch-22!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 08:53 AM

Year: 2003, 1993 and 2004
Make: Yamaha, and two Hondas
Model: 1993 Aspencade and a 2004 1800 Roadsmith Trike
Garage
[QUOTE=wingmin;4714257

You can PM us directly and we can look into updating your accounts email address to your current one to get you back up and running.

Fire me off a PM and i'll look into it.

Thanks for your feedback. We are making changes to how the system notifies members and rolls out the passwords. I apologise for the issues you've been dealing with on this and hope we can work together to sort it all out.

Thanks,
- JB[/QUOTE]

Thanks, John took care of me. Username is now roundknob instead of knob but that's my fault. I'm starting from scratch against but things could be worse.

Knob
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 10:43 PM

Year: 1984
Make: GL 1200 Aspencade
Model: 1984 1200 aspencade
I finally got back in after almost a month of begging thru E-mail to get my password reset! I was p*ssed! And even worse , I almost bought A cheap Chinese starer solenoid because mine Melted, and I could not find another site with the wiring for a ford one.
Just as I was about to give up and buy it, I got back into the site. I am very dissapoint. At least now I have Access to the important posts to keep my wing running.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Dwight58
I wish you had just viewed any of the forum threads as a guest, you would have seen my announcement to call me.
I post my phone number in plain view.
I have been able to get a lot of folks back on within 10 minutes of them calling me.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum > Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page