LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1999
Make: test
Model: test
Garage
Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Quote:
Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Quote:
Dear *username*,
Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:
Username: *username*
Password: *Randomly generated temp password*
To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*
If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.
All the best,
Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.
If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1999
Make: test
Model: test
Garage
Hello Everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on the reset password emails that went out yesterday. Due to the high volume of emails going out and some service providers blocking them as spam, users have either been getting them late, or not at all. If you have not received your password reset email please use the password reset function “forgot password”. These emails will go through a paid provider and should show up instantly.
To do so just go to log in >> once it redirects you click forgot password >> follow the steps provided.
If you do not remember the email address associated with your account you can use the contact us tab at the bottom of the page to email us for assistance. Please select the “other” option and add subject “security password issues”

We apologize for any disruption this has caused to your forum experience.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
this POS business has caused me and the other mods more hurt and discontent than anything your group has done.

it has caused a lot of harm out in the world, folks are telling me they will never come back to our forum.

your ad revenue is going into the toilets as I speak.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:56 PM

Year: 2013
Make: GL1800
Model: 2013 Navi Comfort
Garage
I've been locked out since yesterday. Having been an IT manager for many years this whole process has been bush league at best and that's being nice. Globally resetting passwords without advance notification is a sure sign of ineptness. I never got the "promised" email with the temporary password. I attempted the "Forgot Password" link multiple times and never received any email response. I used the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of the page and never received a response. Finally, continuously using the "Forgot Password" link multiple times finally resulted in an email allowing me back in.

Now I know that site access here is a privilege and not a right. However, pissing off your loyal posters is the start of a death spiral from which recovery is difficult if not impossible and that doesn't matter whether it's a business, this forum, or whatever else it may be.

2013 GL1800 Comfort/Navi
2014 Harbor Freight Tag-a-Long
Currently stuck in Las Vegas, Nevada

Previous bikes (in reverse order) include:
Harley 883 Sportster
Honda GL1100 Interstate
Honda 750A Hondamatic (second best bike I ever owned)
Honda CB450
Kawasaki 900 Z1
Suzuki GT380
Honda MT125
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Garage
yup, agree 100%

and there is going to be some very serious loss of Ad Revenue as a result of this.

lots of my friends are telling me that they will never, ever, visit a forum that is HOSTED BY VERTICAL SCOPE.

Dusty Boots, Ken Ventress is telling that story LOUD AND LONG to every one he knows, and he is the most respected forum member we ever had on here....

and you folks pissed him off so bad, he is going out of his way to make damn sure you never get a new member from anyone who knows and respects him.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 02:18 PM

Model: 91 Aspencade with a 97 powerplant!
I'm back in.

That was a ride and a half.

Sh*t happens and we need to all calm down a bit. It's not like you insulin delivery failed.

Could it have been handled differently - Probably but it's not life ending and we don't know the real story behind this. It could have been a very urgent matter in the background that needed to be done and little planning time was available.

Sorry I Skyped you John. I thought is was just me or a few of us.

Anyhow... I am happy and never was unhappy. Nobody died and that's a lot to be said after this week in the news.

Breath... in.... out... in... out...

Tim
glasgowing and AZgl1800 like this.

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
____

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please visit
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Banned

Year: 94
Model: 1500 SE
Got in this morning, now it wont accept my choice of new password, wont turn off the red X for symbols even though entered 3 of them!

Hope this gets fixed soon.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 02:28 PM

Tom.... make sure the first password in the first field is the temp one they sent you.

Then enter the one of your choice that meets their criteria.

THEN below you re-enter that newly chosen password.

If you enter you newly chosen password in the top two fields then you will probably get that error. This is a well know security block and is completely faultless.

It is 99.99999% user fault. Make sure you read it well.

Tim

3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
____

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please visit
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic Fingers View Post
I'm back in.

That was a ride and a half.

Sh*t happens and we need to all calm down a bit. It's not like you insulin delivery failed.

Could it have been handled differently - Probably but it's not life ending and we don't know the real story behind this. It could have been a very urgent matter in the background that needed to be done and little planning time was available.

Sorry I Skyped you John. I thought is was just me or a few of us.

Anyhow... I am happy and never was unhappy. Nobody died and that's a lot to be said after this week in the news.

Breath... in.... out... in... out...

Tim

tim,
I never saw the Skype thing, I uninstall it the minute I am done with it.

I hate Notifications with a panacea..... and if I can't turn them off, I uninstall the software, and that is exactly what I did. removed it from my phone and my PC... it would not shut up, no matter how hard I tried to squelch it.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:34 PM

No problem John. Glad I didn't add to your frustration load!

Tim
AZgl1800 likes this.

____

Please visit

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum > Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page