Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com) (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/)
-   -   changing email address (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/644738-changing-email-address.html)

DaveO430 06-29-2017 07:23 AM

changing email address

Why can I not change my email address that my notifications go to without also changing my password?

AZgl1800 06-29-2017 02:53 PM

tell me what you want it to be and I can change it for you w/o having to mess with the email address,

I do this everday when people call me on the phone

DaveO430 06-29-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZgl1800 (Post 5205018)
tell me what you want it to be and I can change it for you w/o having to mess with the email address,

I do this everday when people call me on the phone

I can do that myself but most members can't. Admin needs to fix this.

wingmin 06-30-2017 09:05 AM

The issue is related to a plugin in which we are in contact with them for a fix.

At the moment, you can change your email address but just use the same password for all 3 boxes.

- Jb

AZgl1800 06-30-2017 09:32 AM

hope that gets fixed quicker than later, not very intuitive to have to enter the old password 3 times.

DaveO430 06-30-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingmin (Post 5206146)
The issue is related to a plugin in which we are in contact with them for a fix.

At the moment, you can change your email address but just use the same password for all 3 boxes.

- Jb

That does not work because it says you cannot use a password you have used within the last 365 days. I tried everything.

DaveO430 07-01-2017 05:51 AM

Even after changing my email in the admin profile page notifications are still going to the old email address. Sick of changing my password anyway so I'm not in the mood to have to do it again for this problem.

AZgl1800 07-01-2017 06:05 PM

I just looked at Dave's profile and he has the correct email address going to gmail.com

Hey IT folks, fix the database so that it reflects what we put into the User Profile, okay????

this goes a long way to explaining why when folks try to correct their password, they never receive the email for them to have a chance to fix it.....

I have heard this complaint almost every time I get a phone call for the last month.

the email system is NOT working properly....

Folks are locked out of the forum, they click on the Email link, and nothing,,,,,
then they call me on the phone, and when I look at their Profile, their email address is correct, but they never got the email... so it has to be going to the previous email address,
the changes are not being updated in the Server Database

wingmin 07-04-2017 12:54 PM

I just created a test account, and changed the email address on it. I then sent the password reset email on sent a pm to the account. I got both the password reset email on the notification email to the new email address so it looks like the new email is saving fine. Is it possible that our emails are getting blocked?

Niall

AZgl1800 07-04-2017 01:11 PM

not for Dave they aren't.

he is still getting them for the old account, not his new email address.