Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com) (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/)
-   -   Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site? (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/665995-time-write-obit-site.html)

AZgl1800 01-13-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Scott (Post 5814989)
Any idea what these statistics mean? How they are counted? They are under the Tools Menu, then Quick Links, then User Tagging Statistics.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...?do=statistics

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...ctscapture.jpg

I will take Super Wild Ass Guess here.
Top Mentioned: where someone has typed your name in the post.

Top Mentions?????? have no clue

Top Quoted: that is pretty straight forward...
and is a Direct Count of the times that a person has been Quoted with the "Quote" button.

Top Quotes:
that is where that person has quoted someone else, just as I have here to show what you are talking about, and so that I can read the full image easier and it don't disappear when I scroll the page in this editor as I type it.

Wes Scott 01-13-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZgl1800 (Post 5815027)
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...ctscapture.jpg

I will take Super Wild Ass Guess here.
Top Mentioned: where someone has typed your name in the post.

Top Mentions?????? have no clue

Top Quoted: that is pretty straight forward...
and is a Direct Count of the times that a person has been Quoted with the "Quote" button.

Top Quotes:
that is where that person has quoted someone else, just as I have here to show what you are talking about, and so that I can read the full image easier and it don't disappear when I scroll the page in this editor as I type it.

AZgl1800 If you apply the same logic to mentions that you have applied to quotes, then top mentions would be the number of times the person has mentioned someone else. (AZgl1800: Your mentioned count should increase from 8 to 9.)

I would have to assume the quote counts are from the beginning of the forum.

Is there a way to get these counts for the current month instead of forever? Putting them in the announcement section might encourage posting.

Wes Scott 01-13-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Scott (Post 5815029)
AZgl1800 If you apply the same logic to mentions that you have applied to quotes, then top mentions would be the number of times the person has mentioned someone else. (AZgl1800: Your mentioned count should increase from 8 to 9.)

I would have to assume the quote counts are from the beginning of the forum.

Is there a way to get these counts for the current month instead of forever? Putting them in the announcement section might encourage posting.

@AZgl1800 after looking at your page and the last mention apparently you have to include the @ in front of the name for it to be registered as a mention.

The previous post did not increase your mention count and did not show up on your mentions page.

RambozoClown 01-13-2019 08:59 PM

You know what they say, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

harveysmedlap 01-13-2019 10:54 PM

I am a lurker, there I admit it and the healing can now start. It's true that I stay pretty much on the fun forum, but I do read and have learned a lot from the other forums. But since I ride a 1800, and most of the questions asked have to do with the older Wings and I have no knowledge to add to that thread. When the subject is computer related I try to read it, but it's way beyond my comprehension, or what I even want to know, so again I keep quiet. I love to read the step by step rebuilds that have been done, but there's not a lot of those reads. If I ever get an older Wing, I know several of you on here could talk me through just about any repairs that would be need done.

I am on two Facebook motorcycle forums, one Honda, and a KZ forum. The KZ forum I will use when I start the rebuild on my 81 KZ750, but that's a future project. But even on them I have noticed most responses don't answer a question, but tell about how they used to own one of those, and show a picture of their bike. Since my family is spread throughout the country, Facebook is the easiest way to keep abreast of what is going on in their lives.

And yes I think even the fun forum has slowed way down. And you would think with winter upon us it would be the opposite.

AZgl1800 01-14-2019 12:19 AM

FaceBook is the only way that I can keep up with my sister in Utah.

we make a phone call maybe twice a year....

we just last year started an Annual Reunion because we are loosing our youth, and want to keep in touch.... 1200 miles apart makes it hard to "go over and visit".

but, with Facebook, I can see her talk with her girlfriends about horses and ranch stuff.

so, for that reason alone, I use Facebook....
the other is that a high percentage of my "forum friends" aren't using the forums anymore.
they have a cellphone, post up a bleep about "I'm here eating Popsicles" :)

bobalou 01-14-2019 04:23 PM

a reply to a question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis (Post 5813069)
In all the years I've been a member, I Can't remember it ever being anywhere near this close to death. (zero activity)

NO. far from dead.

detdrbuzzard 01-14-2019 05:59 PM

well i'm a lurker also. I come on the board and read a few post, I see no need to post a answer for a question that's already been answered correctly. I post a few ride reports and while someone is viewing them there never seems to be a reply so I have no idea if you guys like them or not so I stopped doing ride reports. lately I've been spending more time on ADVrider than any other forum. I have a facebook page and for a long time I never used it but a friend told me after looking at some of the pic's on my phone to post some pic's of my motorcycle adventures on FB because he and a lot of my other friends were not on M/C forums so that's when I started using FB and that's what I use FB for

Wes Scott 01-14-2019 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveO430 (Post 5813303)
But I can remember when there were several hundred and sometime 1000 users online.

There still are that many users online. It is just that most of them are guests instead of registered users.

AZgl1800 01-15-2019 01:02 AM

and, if we keep the activity going, guests will sign up with us, and become good members, and friends whom we have been wanting to meet.