Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site? - Page 6 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 06:24 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Scott View Post
Any idea what these statistics mean? How they are counted? They are under the Tools Menu, then Quick Links, then User Tagging Statistics.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...?do=statistics

I will take Super Wild Ass Guess here.
Top Mentioned: where someone has typed your name in the post.

Top Mentions?????? have no clue

Top Quoted: that is pretty straight forward...
and is a Direct Count of the times that a person has been Quoted with the "Quote" button.

Top Quotes:
that is where that person has quoted someone else, just as I have here to show what you are talking about, and so that I can read the full image easier and it don't disappear when I scroll the page in this editor as I type it.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 07:25 PM

Year: 1985
Model: Aspencade
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post

I will take Super Wild Ass Guess here.
Top Mentioned: where someone has typed your name in the post.

Top Mentions?????? have no clue

Top Quoted: that is pretty straight forward...
and is a Direct Count of the times that a person has been Quoted with the "Quote" button.

Top Quotes:
that is where that person has quoted someone else, just as I have here to show what you are talking about, and so that I can read the full image easier and it don't disappear when I scroll the page in this editor as I type it.
AZgl1800 If you apply the same logic to mentions that you have applied to quotes, then top mentions would be the number of times the person has mentioned someone else. (AZgl1800: Your mentioned count should increase from 8 to 9.)

I would have to assume the quote counts are from the beginning of the forum.

Is there a way to get these counts for the current month instead of forever? Putting them in the announcement section might encourage posting.

Spending more time on my wife's hobby than the wing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 07:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Scott View Post
AZgl1800 If you apply the same logic to mentions that you have applied to quotes, then top mentions would be the number of times the person has mentioned someone else. (AZgl1800: Your mentioned count should increase from 8 to 9.)

I would have to assume the quote counts are from the beginning of the forum.

Is there a way to get these counts for the current month instead of forever? Putting them in the announcement section might encourage posting.
@AZgl1800 after looking at your page and the last mention apparently you have to include the @ in front of the name for it to be registered as a mention.

The previous post did not increase your mention count and did not show up on your mentions page.
AZgl1800 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 PM

Year: 1992
Model: Aspencade 1500
You know what they say, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
post #55 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:54 PM

Model: 08 gl1800/sidecar
I am a lurker, there I admit it and the healing can now start. It's true that I stay pretty much on the fun forum, but I do read and have learned a lot from the other forums. But since I ride a 1800, and most of the questions asked have to do with the older Wings and I have no knowledge to add to that thread. When the subject is computer related I try to read it, but it's way beyond my comprehension, or what I even want to know, so again I keep quiet. I love to read the step by step rebuilds that have been done, but there's not a lot of those reads. If I ever get an older Wing, I know several of you on here could talk me through just about any repairs that would be need done.

I am on two Facebook motorcycle forums, one Honda, and a KZ forum. The KZ forum I will use when I start the rebuild on my 81 KZ750, but that's a future project. But even on them I have noticed most responses don't answer a question, but tell about how they used to own one of those, and show a picture of their bike. Since my family is spread throughout the country, Facebook is the easiest way to keep abreast of what is going on in their lives.

And yes I think even the fun forum has slowed way down. And you would think with winter upon us it would be the opposite.

Judge me by my size do you...size matters not
Yoda
post #56 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 AM

Garage
FaceBook is the only way that I can keep up with my sister in Utah.

we make a phone call maybe twice a year....

we just last year started an Annual Reunion because we are loosing our youth, and want to keep in touch.... 1200 miles apart makes it hard to "go over and visit".

but, with Facebook, I can see her talk with her girlfriends about horses and ranch stuff.

so, for that reason alone, I use Facebook....
the other is that a high percentage of my "forum friends" aren't using the forums anymore.
they have a cellphone, post up a bleep about "I'm here eating Popsicles"

~ John

post #57 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 04:23 PM

Model: 1100
Garage
a reply to a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
In all the years I've been a member, I Can't remember it ever being anywhere near this close to death. (zero activity)
NO. far from dead.

They are all perfect
Last samuri
post #58 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:59 PM

well i'm a lurker also. I come on the board and read a few post, I see no need to post a answer for a question that's already been answered correctly. I post a few ride reports and while someone is viewing them there never seems to be a reply so I have no idea if you guys like them or not so I stopped doing ride reports. lately I've been spending more time on ADVrider than any other forum. I have a facebook page and for a long time I never used it but a friend told me after looking at some of the pic's on my phone to post some pic's of my motorcycle adventures on FB because he and a lot of my other friends were not on M/C forums so that's when I started using FB and that's what I use FB for
AZgl1800 likes this.

iba 58509-mile eater
HAT
MOA
'75CB750K,'79cb750f,'79CB750/9k,
'93gl1500se,
'85CB450SC,'05SunL70
'06ST1300a........william
post #59 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 09:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
But I can remember when there were several hundred and sometime 1000 users online.
There still are that many users online. It is just that most of them are guests instead of registered users.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OnlineUsers.JPG (17.4 KB, 10 views)

post #60 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 AM

Garage
and, if we keep the activity going, guests will sign up with us, and become good members, and friends whom we have been wanting to meet.
Bike...and Dennis likes this.

~ John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum > Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page