Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com) (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/)
-   -   Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site? (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/665995-time-write-obit-site.html)

DaveO430 01-16-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing (Post 5815439)
Long time ago I saw this. It may be irrelevant on this forum because the moderators are pretty easy going.Here I talked guns , politics and other crap and they still allow me around.

"

I think we are pretty tolerant because most of us are common folks with common sense. I wish we had a sub forum for such things.

AZgl1800 01-16-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...s/viewpost.gif
Long time ago I saw this. It may be irrelevant on this forum because the moderators are pretty easy going.Here I talked guns , politics and other crap and they still allow me around.

"

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveO430 (Post 5815715)
I think we are pretty tolerant because most of us are common folks with common sense. I wish we had a sub forum for such things.

We've talked of this before, and as Ireland has been "out of the picture" now for almost 5 years, is there enough interest to create a sub-forum for this here?

With the normal comments about the type of discussions, I can't see the harm.

trike lady 01-16-2019 10:19 AM

I believe the members here are mature enough for something called "Off Topic" and there would be no need for a "Hot Box" sub forum.

wingmin 01-16-2019 12:04 PM

We could look at adding some more subforums if theres enough interest in them. Would the Off Topic be one you would want?

_ jB

trike lady 01-16-2019 01:05 PM

I would say give "Off Topic" a chance and see how it goes from there. I know over at F6Baggers there is the "Lounge" and many individual topics for members.

AZgl1800 01-16-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingmin (Post 5815773)
We could look at adding some more subforums if theres enough interest in them. Would the Off Topic be one you would want?

_ jB

I think this is the way to handle it, that way different Unique threads can be accommodated.

I vote to have "OFF Topic" created and give it a go.

DaveO430 01-16-2019 01:49 PM

I agree with an off topic forum. Someone would need to come up with some rules to warn against offensive comments etc.

toolcraft4100 01-16-2019 03:21 PM

This is the first Goldwing forum I joined after I got my first Goldwing. It was a '77 and I found another forum where the members live and breathe 4cyl wings. Some of those guys can probably disassemble and reassemble a 4cyl wing blindfolded. They had some pretty colorful characters over there way back then. I only visited this forum a few times a year when I had the '77.
When I got the '91 Goldwing it needed alot of work and I asked some questions of those guys and right away they reminded me that 'this is mainly a 4cyl forum and that they don't know much about the 6cyl wings'. I think they know more about the 1500 than they think or admit, but whatever. So I started asking questions over here and got good advice. Troubleshooting procedures and diagnostic help is what I mainly seek. I really don't have much to offer except that I am a good listener and I think I always let you know how my troubleshooting and wrenching resulted.
I have found that I do better listening to one trusted voice. I have probably traded private messages with 2 or 3 of the forum members more in the past couple of years than I have posted on the forums.
I hope this forum continues and I will keep posting whenever I think I can add something to the discussion.

Thank you to all the people who support this forum! I plan to install new brake lines as soon as I get my PTO payback money in a couple weeks and may even attempt new vacuum hoses so stand by for some questions.

Peter Goldwing 01-16-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveO430 (Post 5815811)
I agree with an off topic forum. Someone would need to come up with some rules to warn against offensive comments etc.

I dont see any harm in having a forum where one can specifically talk about guns, gun laws etc.
I hate foul language unless expressed such as (WTF) when situation arises.
Other than that, lets give it a chance, if the discussion gets too animated a mod can step in to defuse / stop/delete the thread.

OnaWingAndaPrayer 01-16-2019 05:15 PM

Off Topic sounds OK but how/why would it differ from miscellaneous forum?