Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site? - Page 8 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 06:20 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
Long time ago I saw this. It may be irrelevant on this forum because the moderators are pretty easy going.Here I talked guns , politics and other crap and they still allow me around.

"
I think we are pretty tolerant because most of us are common folks with common sense. I wish we had a sub forum for such things.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:51 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing
Long time ago I saw this. It may be irrelevant on this forum because the moderators are pretty easy going.Here I talked guns , politics and other crap and they still allow me around.

"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
I think we are pretty tolerant because most of us are common folks with common sense. I wish we had a sub forum for such things.

We've talked of this before, and as Ireland has been "out of the picture" now for almost 5 years, is there enough interest to create a sub-forum for this here?

With the normal comments about the type of discussions, I can't see the harm.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #73 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 10:19 AM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
I believe the members here are mature enough for something called "Off Topic" and there would be no need for a "Hot Box" sub forum.
Peter Goldwing likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 12:04 PM

Year: 1999
Make: test
Model: test
Garage
We could look at adding some more subforums if theres enough interest in them. Would the Off Topic be one you would want?

_ jB
trike lady likes this.
post #75 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 01:05 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
I would say give "Off Topic" a chance and see how it goes from there. I know over at F6Baggers there is the "Lounge" and many individual topics for members.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #76 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmin View Post
We could look at adding some more subforums if theres enough interest in them. Would the Off Topic be one you would want?

_ jB

I think this is the way to handle it, that way different Unique threads can be accommodated.

I vote to have "OFF Topic" created and give it a go.

~ John

post #77 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 01:49 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
I agree with an off topic forum. Someone would need to come up with some rules to warn against offensive comments etc.
flylow likes this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #78 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Toolcraft4100

Year: 1991
Make: Goldwing
Model: '91 Aspencade
This is the first Goldwing forum I joined after I got my first Goldwing. It was a '77 and I found another forum where the members live and breathe 4cyl wings. Some of those guys can probably disassemble and reassemble a 4cyl wing blindfolded. They had some pretty colorful characters over there way back then. I only visited this forum a few times a year when I had the '77.
When I got the '91 Goldwing it needed alot of work and I asked some questions of those guys and right away they reminded me that 'this is mainly a 4cyl forum and that they don't know much about the 6cyl wings'. I think they know more about the 1500 than they think or admit, but whatever. So I started asking questions over here and got good advice. Troubleshooting procedures and diagnostic help is what I mainly seek. I really don't have much to offer except that I am a good listener and I think I always let you know how my troubleshooting and wrenching resulted.
I have found that I do better listening to one trusted voice. I have probably traded private messages with 2 or 3 of the forum members more in the past couple of years than I have posted on the forums.
I hope this forum continues and I will keep posting whenever I think I can add something to the discussion.

Thank you to all the people who support this forum! I plan to install new brake lines as soon as I get my PTO payback money in a couple weeks and may even attempt new vacuum hoses so stand by for some questions.

toolcraft4100
post #79 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:13 PM

Year: 2008
Model: GL 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
I agree with an off topic forum. Someone would need to come up with some rules to warn against offensive comments etc.
I dont see any harm in having a forum where one can specifically talk about guns, gun laws etc.
I hate foul language unless expressed such as (WTF) when situation arises.
Other than that, lets give it a chance, if the discussion gets too animated a mod can step in to defuse / stop/delete the thread.

I make sense all the time. The problem is you only listen intermittently

Follow me on the spot

post #80 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:15 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Off Topic sounds OK but how/why would it differ from miscellaneous forum?
DougW likes this.

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum > Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page