Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (GoldWingFacts.com) (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/)
-   -   Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site? (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/15-verticalscope-forum-support-help-goldwingfacts-com/665995-time-write-obit-site.html)

Bike...and Dennis 01-05-2019 10:37 PM

Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site?
 
In all the years I've been a member, I Can't remember it ever being anywhere near this close to death. (zero activity)

AZgl1800 01-05-2019 10:42 PM

it has been very worrying to me also.


maybe we need to write up a newsletter like Scott does at GoldwingDocs....


would you volunteer to try that?
anyone that has an interest willing to be a newsletter editor?

Wes Scott 01-06-2019 12:25 AM

GoldwingDocs is even slower (less activity) than goldwingfacts.


Is the low activity level just a reflection of it not being riding season so people are not writing trip reports or asking for help since their bikes are sitting idle?

AZgl1800 01-06-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Scott (Post 5813077)
GoldwingDocs is even slower (less activity) than goldwingfacts.


Is the low activity level just a reflection of it not being riding season so people are not writing trip reports or asking for help since their bikes are sitting idle?

As much as I would like to agree, GoldwingDocs has 31 new posts dated 1/5/2019


I always access all forums with "New Posts" since my last time.




Historically though, this website has slowed down every winter....
it is also a fact that this website leans heavier towards Technical Help, rather than just gossip relating to our hobby.



and that has for the last few years, caused our posting rates to be slower than other websites.....


the Fun Forum used to be our heaviest forum.. I have not looked at it in months, so know how that is doing. ( 6 new posts 1/5/2019 )
FWIW, I only read this one and GoldwingDocs....


and my Linux forum which is very busy, but it covers such a broad depth of different versions of Linux, and new people coming to Linux everyday, asking help in the "Newbies Forum" where they don't know how to access the site, and put their questions into the proper forums. That forum has had 91 new posts asking for Technical help in the last 3 hours.... I always hit the "Mark All Read" when I am through....


But, a heavy tech forum like Linux is non-seasonal..... it always seems to be busy.

Bike...and Dennis 01-06-2019 01:11 AM

A bicycle forum I belong to had 285 posts today.

https://www.bikeforums.net/search.ph...=4334777&pp=25

Hyundai forum, only 13.

OnaWingAndaPrayer 01-06-2019 04:26 AM

face space , tweetering, and the like I expect take some of the traffic from the forum pages.

If information/questions are posting on those types of media , I don't and will not see it . I refuse to join/use that type of service.

My wife does use one of those, but she does not belong/use any forums.

The few other Goldwing forums I frequent all seem slow.

DaveO430 01-06-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnaWingAndaPrayer (Post 5813085)
face space , tweetering, and the like I expect take some of the traffic from the forum pages.

If information/questions are posting on those types of media , I don't and will not see it . I refuse to join/use that type of service.

.

Amen brother, social media is a bad joke IMHO. I do think a lot of our former members have gone that route. Probably because of more instant answers, right or wrong.

dingdong 01-06-2019 08:09 AM

This is not a new happening. Been thinking the same thing recently. I used to spend at least an hour every day reading and posting in new threads. Now I find if I spend 5 minutes it is a long time and I rarely respond anymore. Faceless book? Me neither. RIP

Bill-UK 01-06-2019 09:04 AM

It would help if the posts didnít take so long to appear, I posted one 12 hours ago & itís still not visible, good job itís not urgent help required.

Wes Scott 01-06-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZgl1800 (Post 5813079)
As much as I would like to agree, GoldwingDocs has 31 new posts dated 1/5/2019


I always access all forums with "New Posts" since my last time.




Historically though, this website has slowed down every winter....
it is also a fact that this website leans heavier towards Technical Help, rather than just gossip relating to our hobby.



and that has for the last few years, caused our posting rates to be slower than other websites.....


How do you find the new posts on Goldwingdocs? After some fighting with the search it told me there were 78 posts in the last day but the search function that listed 4 pages would only show the first page (24 posts) and 14 of them were offers to sell "valid documents" buy real or fake drivers licenses and passports.

If I look at the GL1200 forum, the reply count is very low per post with 30 out of 40 having fewer than 10 replies. Only 1 post had more than 20 replies (it had 31 and the original post was from Feb 2016). The 40 topics takes you back to the last post date of Nov 17, 2018.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome