Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - And the Supreme Household Commander Sayeth-

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
monkeytrucker
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

My SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) Bride and I unloaded some lumber from the back of the little ram truck this morning. After I parked the truck she was looking at the over grown Forcythia bushes. "'WE' should get the electric pole saw out and give these bushes a haircut." Translation: YOU go to the tractor shed on the 3 wheeler and get the pole saw, adjust and oil the chain and I will get the extension cord. Further Translation: I cannot hold the saw out to reach the tops and sides so 'YOU', my muscled mate, will have to operate the saw.

As one who quakes in fear when she rules from the ether I did her bidding. Got to love our Brides. I did get even and told her she could pick up all of the cuttings while I go fix lunch and beat a hasty retreat to the kitchen where I know she will leave me alone. My famous echilladas calmed her down. Well almost. She said "Why didn't you serve some of the Ham and Beans you fixed yesterday?" I slipped out of that oneby saying I did not have time to fix cornbread.

We have this agreement we made years ago. It is that for the first 30 years she has the kids and follows me where ever life and work goes and for the 2nd 30 years I have the kids and follow her directionin life and work.Funnything is that ithas basically worked that way, except for me having the kids....

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome