Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - And the Supreme Household Commander Sayeth-

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
monkeytrucker
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Year: 2010
Make: honda
Model: 2010 GL 1800 comfort (buried after fire)
Post imported post

All of the above make me chuckle. Been there, done that. I refuse to touch her dishwasher because I could never do it right. I will not wash dishes when she is around as she uses the sinks in the wrong order from my Mom and when I washed dishes in college. I will not run the clothes washer and dryer due to always doing it wrong (what is considered color and what is not). As far as the floors, being I used most of my inheritance to put in her a new kitchen, new kitchen floor covering and all new carpets, the deal was that she took care of them.

So todays project is to cut some treated stakes and go set grade boards to make terraces on the side on the pond dirt pile we have terraced down one side and now we have to terrace on the other side of the steps leading up to the top. Of course that will cause her undue stress because she will fret endlessly about what to plant. Her other terrace I dug up Road Lilies (Flags) and planted on the ends of the boards to keep the dirt from washing. They have taken over her terrace. So I am in trouble there. She will not agree, even though I think she does, that the Flags look great when they bloom and the green foliage looks nice the rest of the year. Plus she thinks she has noticed the side slipping. Actually it is where we dug dirt at the top but I will not tell her as digging all of those flags out will remove half of the hill.

As I said. GOTTA LOVE THEM!!!!

Life is a collection of stories we old people tell and hope a few will listen and carry them into the future.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome