post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Dusty Boots
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

heartofgold wrote:
Quote:
Yea thanks for that but I understand that , I was just wondering what Honda advises about speeds for the different gears . Normally it's written in the handbook I just don't have the hand book . It was based on a conversation I had with another winger who was insisting that you should never go over 2500 rpm in any gear. So he gets into top gear as soon as possible and for the most part leaves it in overdrive or fourth gear and let's the engine just pull along at low speeds. Says the engine is well able for it so no need to keep changing gear all the time , as I do. maybe he is right but I seem to do the opposite and on some bends might be down in second with the rpm at about 3000.
Sometimes when I'm out 'loafing around, exploring', I may shift at alower RPM than normal, but for 'normal' riding, it's anywhere from 2,500 RPM - rev limiters, but once up in 5th gear, I usually leave it there, unless road conditions dictate a change to avoid lugging the engine, until I'm back up 'to speed' .....or, .... I'm toying with/harassingthe Sport Bike boys in the twisty bitsand then I rarely ever see top gear unless we happen onto a very long straight.

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome