Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Single Carburetor - which one?

155K views 593 replies 66 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
I'm running the Weber 32/36 Prog. right now.
What do you use?
What would you use?
Why?

My next project will be the Solex 30PICT-1 like the one below.

Attachments

See less See more
#177 ·
imported post

Opera

#179 ·
imported post

Hate to hear that for you. Well is there any links that you would like all of us to get you, since yours were wiped out. we might have them and could supply them to you. Just let us know.

#180 ·
imported post

No, I'm good.
I can find just about everything I would need through cruising the many forums I participate in via my posts...
Thanks though...:waving:

#181 ·
imported post

GEEZE I'M IN MASS WE HAVE ABOUT 18 INCHES OF SNOW ON GROUND ANOTHER BANNER YEAR ANYWAY I READ FROM CAPTAIN MIDNITE ABOUT PISSING ON SNOW THAT I DO KNOW HOW TO DO ............... I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO PISS ON SUNSHINE CAN ANYONE HELP ???? DOES IT NEED A PUMP ???

#182 ·
imported post

Hey Rod, chear-up buddy, I'm measuring snow in feet.
Get yourself a snowmobile, they're cheap, and taunt the LAW a few times... you'll feel better.

Pissing is a favorite past-time of mine, be it on snow or sunshine.:cooldevil:

#184 ·
imported post

They pop-up on e-Bay every so often...

That's a Cycle Innovations manifold.
I havn't checked in a while, but check-in with the NGW for sale forum section. They'll pop-up there too.

#186 ·
imported post

Some times they show up on Barn Finds (in my case a Junkyard Find).

I find it is nice not having to screw around with the 4 carb set-up every couple of weeks. If I had wanted to one I had to repair more often than I could ride it, I'ld a gotten a Hoggy Davidson. (Although those have been improved greatly the last 15 years or so..)

#188 ·
imported post

OK HELP....I have a Weber with 32DFTA stamped on it,also the #'s 090487 is this one going to work with the 4 to 1 conv. Both barrell look to be the same size and an electric chock. I think this is the one most are useing or close anyway,traded an Holly 650 for it.

#189 ·
imported post

Work the throttle.
Does it open the smaller one then the larger one after half-way, or does it open both at the same time?
Either would work, but you would have to jet them different.
The progressive (one after the other) is what you really want.

and are Downdraft carbs.

The manifolds we are using have a single carb in the center like on a chevy v8, not a side draft like you would find on an MG or Triumph car.
I would not know how to set one of those up for these bikes, although I bet it could be done.

#190 ·
imported post

The 32DFTA is progressive, both barrels are the same size,both there are are parts on it I think I can do without like the Idle cutoff solenoid...I don't know what car it came off of...found I in a little wreckin yard across the river,so if you know of someone that knows these dang things, HELP!!!!!!

#194 ·
imported post

SD... did you figure out what you have?

#195 ·
imported post

Put my new intake on the Wing today,tight fit for the Weber,may have to cit a small piece of the frame on right side that the tank attaches to,to clear fuel line.. hope to have it running this week??

#196 ·
imported post

Try massaging that point on the frame with a hammer instead of cutting it. You don't want to weaken the frame any.

Don't know if an airhammer would fit, but a blunt ended fitting in one should do the trick. Or a hammer and a long (foot or so) piece of bar stock.

#198 ·
imported post

If it will fit the manifold and in the space beneath and between the upper frame rails, why not?

How ever isn't the 40 IDF a simultaneous (synchronized?) carb?
You will probably find that you want a progressive downdraft, instead.

My thought was to use two of the DG models cause you can get two of them for the price of one of the IDF models as long as you had a common runner for part of the way to the intakes. Weber makes both a left and right hand model of those. Or even two on barrel VW carbs on that set of intakes.

Actually, from the way mine acts with one progressive mounted on it, two of them would be an e-ticket ride.

#199 ·
imported post

Well the GL1100 is alive again!!!! I had to cut a small piece of the frame to clear the fuel line,but after 10 years of sitting under a tree in the Arizona desert and fighting bugs,snakes and weed to get her,the intake I made and the Weber 32-DFTA brought life into what some told me to give up on. Thanks to this website I made her live again,she smokes alot,probably from sitting so long. Thanks again,Charlie G.

#200 ·
imported post

Actually I felt it was fun to breathe life into one of these old girls again.

What I had to get used to, was the gyroscopic effect that the opposed four engine imparts on the machine.
I don't notice it now that I have been riding this one for a year, but when I first got it, and again after being forced to let it set until the middle of September (about 6 weeks) due to the fact that you cannot work on any machinery until around 10pm and have to stop around 8am (actually 5:30am if your garage faces the morning sun). And when do you sleep anyway. And what a thrill to put on one of these conversion setups and get an immediate response from the engine when you hit the starter button!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.