GL1000/1100/1200 Single Carb Conversion 2 Barrel 32DFT Progressive Runs Excellent - Page 123 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1221 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Banned

What, ...not a "Proud Member of the NGW "?
I too got a lifetime ban 4 or 5 years ago for similar reasons.
CGW as well. Some reason about me not sharing. It was a dead forum over there anyway. Still is, if not for Tom Langdon's carburetor. Too bad they don't understand why heat is needed. They'll never move forward until they do.. Maybe you belong to their single carburetor club?

Heat...
...without it, it's only a partial conversion.

An air filter housing gives multiple benefits over an open element filter. Aside from reduced noise, the airstream can be conditioned, or "tuned", for entry into the carburetor. Well worth having a housing. Your bike would thank you for it.

Few Conversioneers spend any real money on their machines.
I understand.

I wonder what a modern composite version of that CCP manifold would be like today.

That ignition, ...can you elaborate on its parts used?

Last edited by AZgl1800; 08-07-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1222 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclebuster View Post
This is the best thing to ever happen to a Goldwing. I got a lifetime ban from NGW (you guys are F-ing idiots) for condemning those worthless stock carbs, and I am glad to not know them any more. .
hahaha, yup no doubt, this site is one class act

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 View Post
What, ...not a "Proud Member of the NGW Cartel"?
I too got a lifetime ban 4 or 5 years ago for similar reasons.
CGW as well. Some BS reason about me not sharing. It was a dead forum over there anyway
umm, your role in scc was mostly done awhile ago and its all happenning over there at cgw, and for some time now,

you might look in a mirror one day and ask yourself why it has all mostly shifted over there and away from you

dying to see what the big mod here may do with this one

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal
post #1223 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Banned

Hum, ...read below.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1224 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Banned

Haha ...that's funny.
Hey, you wanna buy into Dan's **** over there, ...knock yourself out bro.
I don't care who's induction you suck with, ...just use one carburettor and suck it well my friend.
post #1225 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbro View Post
its all happenning over there at cgw, and for some time now,

you might look in a mirror one day and ask yourself why it has all mostly shifted over there and away from you
Um, I'm a member over there too but don't visit much, NOTHING happening. I just popped in for a look and there were 3 others logged in there besides me.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #1226 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
yep, logged in there now, 3 users total ATM
NGW club doesn't show how many are online

NorthAmerican Goldwings
10 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

3 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users (See full list)

AZgl1800, jobe05, Bing, Google, Yahoo, youngnbald

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

post #1227 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I just did a run through of the other forums, some have a lot of discussion on general stuff, but for pure Technical Activity and repair stuff, we are the most active.
CaptainMidnight85 likes this.

~ John

What is the Forum Index?

Download it here:

post #1228 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 04:27 PM

Model: 77/83/85/yup, all of 'em in one
The sites aren't here for a popularity contest. It's for helping each other out, which they all do. In defense of some they only cater to the older models, a far fewer number of owners. I need and use them all and appreciate any positive contributions.
post #1229 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekvh View Post
The sites aren't here for a popularity contest. It's for helping each other out, which they all do. In defense of some they only cater to the older models, a far fewer number of owners. I need and use them all and appreciate any positive contributions.
True but, ...this thread comes up number one in Googles search results for a reason, as it is not happening by mistake.

The conversion works as described. That makes it increasingly "popular". What other sites do with it is on them.
The only accurate information of this conversion is ...within this thread.

Speaking of egos and the popularity they seek; IDFC what others do. I've done my part. I'm glad others can do something with it on their own.

99.999% should be reading Randall's page and taking his advice seriously, as my advice parallels his; you're better off with a factory rack.
I know what I know today.
CCP manifolds are getting rare.
Aside from myself, none but one have put a coolant chamber on a Empi plenum to heat it as Tom directs.
...to each their own.

The initial idea of this thread was to have Gary walk through a manifold build (with all of you following along) and eventually add a coolant chamber for a undeniable comparison of with and without heat to this simple conversion.

The usual sidetracking fudged all that up.
...it continues today.
Anyone for getting back on topic and helping the Dude out that bought into Juans idea of a conversion?
Its about him, DRC, and helping get his bike squared-away so he can get to work...
post #1230 of 1297 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 View Post
The conversion works as described. That makes it increasingly "popular". What other sites do with it is on them.
The only accurate information of this conversion is ...within this thread..
ok

Quote:
Aside from myself, none but one have put a coolant chamber on a Empi plenum to heat it as Tom directs.
...to each their own
hmmmm

i have to agree tho, there are great merits to working with or from a baseline setup of knowns, that ideally might just require some minor tweaking, for various applications, engine sizes etc..

if it can't be presented and done easily and quick, it's nothing more than a fringe option for the few,

too many possible can of worms scenarios can easily come into the picture, when/if only having one place or person to go to, folks like options,

a 124 page thread alone, is a huge problem in itself, especially where the guiding info seems to come mostly from one person, as far as presenting scc as a viable option to others,

people working together on a goal, trumps an 'it's like this' one man show 124 page thread in a forum, end of story, and that's where all or most of the action has gone, many new ideas and working possibilities have come forward from this approach,

if scc was such an easy or even viable option to stock carbs even today, there would be a ton out there, humming with no issues,

the message for new folks is do your research!! prior to committing to any scc, you can easily end up spending a good chunk of change and end with nagging ongoing issues,

whereas there are pros out there, who know what they are doing & in the biz of rebuilding stock carbs, ending up with no issues, so eitherway, inform yourself before making a decision and spending money,

it's a fringe thing, but yes, scc can be a wonderful option for some folks, mostly those who can do it on their own

so my take is yes, cm85 was a major force in the serious beginnings of scc, but other folks have since taken off with it, giving it a much wider appeal with way more options and possibilities than there were before

and yes to each their own
mcgovern61 likes this.

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal

Last edited by pdbro; 08-10-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum > Altered Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page