GL1100 Single Carb Manifold Option - Page 17 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randakk View Post
That's actually a $40 EBAY carb (Weber 23/36 DFV). One of the best and most flexible carbs ever made. It can easily support the needs of vehicles from 40hp to 300+
that's interesting, first i'm hearing of the 23/36 variant, most info i've run across is around the 32/36 variant, hard to tune and considered too much carb for a wing

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Model: multiple GL1000s, CBX, CL350 AHRMA race-bike, CB1100F
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbro View Post
that's interesting, first i'm hearing of the 23/36 variant
Typo fixed.

Weber 32/36 DFV as I corrected stated on the first instance ...but not the second.

Randall Washington (Randakk)
Founder - Randakk's Cycle Shakk, LLC
Pinehurst, NC USA
post #163 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
dkl

Model: 82 GL1100 ASPY, 82 naked, 81 scc naked wings
Garage
Point taken, I always defer to carb Guru's opinion, but This Thread was started to give a cheap e-z alternative to get a wing going, it is targeted for the person that does not have the option to send frame off for refinishing.....or have deep pockets. Post info about carbs that need modifying and special stuff in another thread......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 07:22 AM

Model: multiple GL1000s, CBX, CL350 AHRMA race-bike, CB1100F
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkl View Post
Point taken, I always defer to carb Guru's opinion, but This Thread was started to give a cheap e-z alternative to get a wing going, it is targeted for the person that does not have the option to send frame off for refinishing.....or have deep pockets. Post info about carbs that need modifying and special stuff in another thread......

Respectfully, just like every other member here - I think I'm allowed to have an opinion here on this thread if I choose. Lots of silly stuff is permited across all areas of this Forum including here.
dkl likes this.

Randall Washington (Randakk)
Founder - Randakk's Cycle Shakk, LLC
Pinehurst, NC USA
post #165 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 08:26 AM

looks like there is a "Weber 26-34 two barrel carb" variant

http://www.landracing.com/forum/inde....html#msg91171

a wonderful thread you have going here dkl, with mild drifts here & there, like your seat stuff

& turns out randakk's carb choice is ultra cheap,

also new to me is suitability for overall gw use, my understanding was mostly difficulties with tuning and it was considered too much (big a) carb

i've certainly not heard or read this
Quote:
That's actually a $40 EBAY carb (Weber 32/36 DFV). One of the best and most flexible carbs ever made. It can easily support the needs of vehicles from 40hp to 300+

82, going over it

Last edited by pdbro; 10-03-2015 at 08:57 AM.
post #166 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
dkl

Garage
I am not throwing stones at anybody, Randaak ur stuff is amazing, I read all ur stuff, I am talking about this particular thread. It makes it confusing, for the average user when there is a bunch of stuff about zillion carbs, and this thread is basically about a manifold option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY BABY!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #167 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 09:01 AM

i find your manifold info very clear cut and easy to find, in a short, locked sticky that you of course find elsewhere

you can modify your first post here, in this thread, to have all available, important relevant and current info, links too etc, regarding your manifold, in one easy spot & post for reading

one of the things i like about this site setup

82, going over it

Last edited by pdbro; 10-03-2015 at 09:53 AM.
post #168 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned

Guy's, ...may be Randakk is just trying give it a bump?
It's a great option!
IMO, it's a Fantastic Tool. I have one as well.
It clearly works for a daily rider as well.
Options Are Good. The many silent know that options are good. Some can only work with the ways and means they have.
Randakk posting in here is good. Better than good. May be more like, "Wow! Randakks looking at my stuff."
post #169 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
dkl

Garage
I did, I gave him Props,,,,,,He has a wealth of info,,,,and I have used it since I bought my first oldwing...
CaptainMidnight85 likes this.

MY BABY!!
post #170 of 210 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Banned

Yeap!
Many here have designed, then built, some really great intake manifolds to help keep these old bikes going reliably. Names aren't necessary, as each have a passion in and for doing it that, though may stem from the individual, is shared by the group when possible.
Nearly most all of those passionate types check-in however they can.
We've a medium here to share that passion. Many of us have found many difficulties on translating the very fine technical priorities from one hand to another though.

Your idea of using PVC for a intake manifold, combined with your personal successes in application and daily usage is a remarkable asset to many.

You keep moving forward with this. Realise (meaning "don't forget") some will encourage your effort in ways that afford their self the want of doing so within the means that they have to work with.

I see it very encouraging of Randakk posting in this thread, for whatever reasoning of his, or the others reasoning in choosing to interpret his act for doing it.

What you are doing is important to me for my reasoning and, therefore, I encourage your success in doing it as well.
You're clearly passionate for it and its success in transfer will come solely from that.

...there's my 2.
Enjoy!
Dirt Road Cowboy and dkl like this.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum > Altered Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page