High Performance Goldwing GL1000 Single Weber DFT - Page 10 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

3Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 View Post
I believe you're seeing the "World's Fastest Naturally-Aspirated Stock GL1000" in action .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc&list=RDGIQn8pab8Vc#t=4

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rkell...veicanfly.html
Quote:
If I can see it, then I can be it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
[Chorus:]
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

You trying to tell me you love me or love my bike?
You're confusing with your love...
post #93 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
High Performance Goldwing GL1000 Weber DFT32 / Motorcraft 740 Single Carburetor Conversion.

Too bad the valve springs of a stock engine can't keep up with the bottom end of a stock engine.

This DFT32/M740 carburetor is as calibrated from Tom Langdon.

I start off with a relatively cold engine and the un-choked idling rpm is high as a result. Once the induction becomes fully heated, the idle drops to 1050 rpm as seen at the end of the video.

...more vids to come.

https://youtu.be/KsGhd5fa6NQ
You know, what's wrong with y'all?
I've a thread on the tach around here somewhere.
Of course it's exponentially off. Who you kidding? I told so in the thread.
Who cares.

You hear it don't 'ya?
You're seeing something, right?
You're doing those two for a reason.
You might want a conversion ...or you might want to compare one.
Who cares.

Do you know what you're looking at? I kept asking.
What I'm showing has more to do with what I'm doing.
Interest is high right now.
A fluttering market.

I don't think you're seeing what I'm seeing when you're watching that video. I love the video's content as much as anyone, but it's the overall capture that I'm effecting any effort towards moving forward.
I don't put many video's out for a reason.

I'm not certain what your fight is, but sensaltionalism is sure to profit someone with a worthwhile offering in any reality.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...46.kCQ8eQVWe9A

Any of y'all trying to turn something up?
I'm trying to turn something up.

Don't know what y'all are doing 'cause I don't know what you're looking at.
Look at that and tell me what you're seeing.
Let's get on the same page.
Everybody don't need to be trying to hold on to some ficticious part of this BS.
Capitalization happens in a matter of seconds.
Who cares who you are.
Say something worthwhile.

"A Coalition of SCC sub-Forums MUST exist NOW before its all too late!"

...but don't say nothing like that up there. I'm not certain we hear that kinda stuff here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 02:07 AM

Year: 1975 1976
Make: Honda
Model: Gl1000 Gl1000 ltd
Quote:
Who cares.

You hear it don't 'ya?
You're seeing something, right?
You're doing those two for a reason.
You might want a conversion ...or you might want to compare one.
Who cares.

Do you know what you're looking at? I kept asking.
What I'm showing has more to do with what I'm doing.
Interest is high right now.
A fluttering market.

I don't think you're seeing what I'm seeing when you're watching that video. I love the video's content as much as anyone, but it's the overall capture that I'm effecting any effort towards moving forward.
I don't put many video's out for a reason.

I'm not certain what your fight is, but sensaltionalism is sure to profit someone with a worthwhile offering in any reality.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...46.kCQ8eQVWe9A

Any of y'all trying to turn something up?
I'm trying to turn something up.

Don't know what y'all are doing 'cause I don't know what you're looking at.
Look at that and tell me what you're seeing.
Let's get on the same page.
Everybody don't need to be trying to hold on to some ficticious part of this BS.
Capitalization happens in a matter of seconds.
Who cares who you are.
Say something worthwhile.

"A Coalition of SCC sub-Forums MUST exist NOW before its all too late!"

...but don't say nothing like that up there. I'm not certain we hear that kinda stuff here.
you are a dead set idiot. a complete fool.
post #95 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
you are a dead set idiot. a complete fool.
...with a 30+ year-old radar detector on his bike.

You're probably right.
post #96 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 07:51 PM

Model: 1993 GL 1500 Aspencade
Hello folks, I would like to just start this post by saying it's for you, the members of this forum and not the author of this thread. I would like to also state I do not have a SCC of my own, although I do plan on finding a nice 79 GL1000 of my own some day soon that will be converted to a single carb set up, with an improved ignition system.

That said here are a couple videos of my good friend Dan's High Performance 1200 SCC. Some might argue that this bike is not relevant to this thread but I think it is and I'll tell you why after the videos, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8TdLWkt83s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNP3c-ZhOWw

Pretty cool huh? Well I and many others think so.

So why am I posting this? Well, I've been following this and other threads by the same author in the background like many of you. Like some of you I've been amused and disheartened all at the same time. What is one to think when maybe as a new member looking for a new approach to feeding our beloved Wings they come upon so much misleading information stated as irrefutable fact? None of us need or want to be told we don't understand what we are seeing or hearing. We are all intelligent people and videos with claims of a certain level of performance using tachometers from other makes of motorcycles with the wrong readings are disingenuous at the very least. Insulting the intelligence of those that ask genuinely honest requests for clarification turn off anyone, and effectively dilute the mission of all GoldWing forums.

The videos above need no explanation... but the owner is willing to answer any questions you have eagerly and without malice to your satisfaction. They are examples of what can come to fruition when a community approach with lots of smart friendly people with great ideas come together where all ideas are welcome for a single purpose without the need to belittle.

THAT is why I am posting this. I belong to this great community and three others and there are many folks here and out there in other communities who want to help you with SCC's or anything else for that matter. People who will do anything possible to assist you with whatever help you need, without telling you "you don't understand the principles or concepts" of any given area, folks that bend over backwards to document their builds and assist you with pictures and videos.

Remember, it's all about keeping these old girls on the road and just maybe improving them, so don't let ANYONE turn YOU off to the SCC. Thank you for your time and ride safe.

Omega Man

Booya! I roll on one Awesome 93 Aspencade!
post #97 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Thank you for a good honest post.

I can assure you that all Single Carb Conversions are relevant, it is not restricted to just one model of bike.

We are working to make every thing copacetic, so please stick around and all will be pleased with the end results. I feel that some of us have different ways of expressing what we do. I go overboard with making sure I am understood, some leave out some needed info on the way.

We are trying to make a good happy medium and let all enjoy working together on the topic of SCC projects.

Yes, the tach was from a different model bike, but the intent was to show the smoothness of the overall throttle action over the range of speeds involved.
I have had some telephone discussions with some of our forum members and have gotten commitments from all to work together...

This is not My House, it is your house and we all need to see it through...

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 10:01 PM

Model: 1984 GL1200 Standard & 1987 GL1200 Interstate
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Thank you for a good honest post.

I can assure you that all Single Carb Conversions are relevant, it is not restricted to just one model of bike.

We are working to make every thing copacetic, so please stick around and all will be pleased with the end results. I feel that some of us have different ways of expressing what we do. I go overboard with making sure I am understood, some leave out some needed info on the way.

We are trying to make a good happy medium and let all enjoy working together on the topic of SCC projects.

Yes, the tach was from a different model bike, but the intent was to show the smoothness of the overall throttle action over the range of speeds involved.
I have had some telephone discussions with some of our forum members and have gotten commitments from all to work together...

This is not My House, it is your house and we all need to see it through...

Sorry John, but there are people that don't see it that way.

Brian
post #99 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 PM

Model: 77/83/85/yup, all of 'em in one
Refresh the memory, AZgl1800. It was "bragging" how it was a 9k bike, and turned into a challenge to duplicate with your own bike, but then after nine pages he admits the tach is off. 98% here and other forums are just trying to help each other out. You moderators give Captainmidnight a pass too many times. Seems this has been farmed off the main page, smart.
post #100 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekvh View Post
Refresh the memory, AZgl1800. It was "bragging" how it was a 9k bike, and turned into a challenge to duplicate with your own bike, but then after nine pages he admits the tach is off. .
with a vid no less clearly titled 9k rpm deal

then this part
Quote:
I believe you're seeing the "World's Fastest Naturally-Aspirated Stock GL1000" in action .
"world's fastest" by what measure??

"stock gl1000" ?!

then to top it off
Quote:
Who cares.
umm, who's kidding who

how a thread is started & what it's about most often determines how it will play out and end,

the knowledge base on not only early GWs but also scc is extensive and deep, best not trifled with by anyone,

what i really like about the new vids is i think the specific carb selection came down to mostly ~ "i think i'll try this one" a jeep carb option as i understand, with great and quick results so far from the get go, yet another inroad into doable easy scc, with an enthusiastic finish of, ~ did this one & wanna try or do something else

as far as hi-po goes, pretty sure basically a gl1100 with a 1200 engine (dunno/forget what year, gearing can come into that), early cam & heads (dunno if shaved but i doubt it), pretty sure stock rear, c5 ignition is stuff i remember from casual browsing,

no question more specifics are easy to get

====================================

this site sez it all, about us folks interested in & maintaining older stuff but also shows clear notice of copy-write concerns, so here's the link
http://www.stovebolt.com/

on that page, the why - what's it about jumps out right away with 2 phrases that start with

Because........

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal

Last edited by pdbro; 08-24-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum > Altered Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page