A Tom Langdon Goldwing Weber DFT32 carburetor conversion video - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 View Post
That's good.
Video is fantastic.
dunno what you think is so fantastic about the vid, there are a ton of dft32 conversion vids out there with tons of easy to get info, from a to z

folks that have gone there extensively have also not had your results, but they are at least fully open with info and what they are doing with pix, videos etc

whereas,

you have many claims backed up by at most, very difficult to get info of any kind & even today, stuff like this thread starter and ~ "great vid eh?"?!

if this question is too far off whatever the intended topic is in this thread, i'll start another
anyone else have current verifiable results, as in running clean plugs with a langdon carb running stock settings? a thread? links? hopefully other than abandoned threads

there are certainly reports to the contrary, as in a rich condition at low/idle RPMs, along with final tweaking being the norm

even here, i think the main argument is ~ "you must go about it in a specific way" and apparently only one other is heating the manifold in the same way, this after years

the initial reports with this bolt on as is carb also included, info, pix, vids with no heat and clean plugs, tho that fella moved on

my conclusion? currently, this is not a bolt on good to go carb (tho might be some lucky ones) without supporting and easily verifiable info/evidence, or at least some duplicated results,

bits of info scattered here and there to support a claim, and it's been years now, does nothing for scc, other than create problems,

here's another vid
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...000-frame.html

and much more
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...32dft+goldwing

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal

Last edited by pdbro; 08-29-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwingrascal View Post
PDBRO. i'm having a bit of trouble interpreting whats going on here. mr midnite seems to start these threads and then either has no time or is giving you childish answers .
now, i dont know about you, but i am looking for some info. this forum looks to be a real good one , in other areas of it anyway.
...you can address me.
Do you have a question?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwingrascal View Post
with all due respect mr midnight, i do not wish to address you. one read of this thread was enough. thank you for your interest.
Certainly a intetesting response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 08:54 PM

Year: 1975,1976,1981
Make: Honda
wel, i seem to have missed the point of this thread.....
strange interaction to say the least...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidproquo View Post
wel, i seem to have missed the point of this thread.....
strange interaction to say the least...
that is because some purposely tried to hijack it and go off topic.
when that happens, I delete the off topic responses.
all will come back in order when time permits Steve to get things situated at home.. right now, the thread and the forum are not his #1 priority. so just be patient. Rome was not built in a day.

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 09:17 PM

Model: 77/83/85/yup, all of 'em in one
This will never be Rome. I saw no one purposefully trying to hijack and take this off topic. A lot of these get taken off topic by the originator.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 09:35 PM

Year: 1975,1976,1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekvh View Post
This will never be Rome. I saw no one purposefully trying to hijack and take this off topic. A lot of these get taken off topic by the originator.
after another read of this and several other threads in the same vein,
i tend to agree. a bit of a search for CM here and ( more interestingly)
on other web sites does not paint a pretty picture.
one very popular site even has one whole thread dedicated to the originator . ( less than favorable views , it has to be said )
so, time will tell if there is any substance here.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbro View Post
even here, i think the main argument is ~ "you must go about it in a specific way" and apparently only one other is heating the manifold in the same way, this after years
Correct. A heated plenum floor is specifically stated by Tom Langdon as a requirement. He states this on every carburetor he sells verbally to the purchaser via telephone. He emphasizes this need to all Goldwinger's as a minumum. It is not optional and he makes that clear.

It is only a argument for those that do not follow his instruction on heating the plenum floor via intimate contact with engine coolant.

There is no argument. Do it or don't. Not my problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbro View Post
my conclusion? currently, this is not a bolt on good to go carb (tho might be some lucky ones) without supporting and easily verifiable info/evidence, or at least some duplicated results,
Your conclusion is easily summarized; There is nothing comparable to give you any support to the evidences you are seeking.

The Jessco tuned-port manifold has no comparison.

Your conclusion is relevant to what exact point?
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum > Altered Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page