Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Can someone tell me the difference (baker air wings)

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Dusty Boots
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Looking at the photos, the difference is obvious.

While the Baker Air wings (upper and lowers)offer two wind wings per side which does allow a bit of fine tuning of incoming air directed towards the rider and/or passenger, I like the lower cost and easier, yet sturdiermounting (and dismounting) of the Show Chrome ones. I also found, unless you pay extra for the Baker Built "New Generation" plastics, the plastic becomes brittle with age/UV exposure and will crack while adjusting them. (1st hand experience) There are also quite a few little parts that can need replacing after a lot of use.

For the reasons stated above, my vote would go to the Show Chrome ones because of their simplicity, sturdier mounting systemand lower cost

A set of hand wings, plus a set of the wind wings (no matter which brand) are IMHO, a "must" for bringing in comfortingcooling air, during those hot summerrides!!

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome