Let's talk Guns, Ammo, Holsters, and clean language - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:14 AM

Year: 2010
Model: GL1800
Garage
Guess I'd better avoid NJ. Glad I already have it on my map.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Nothing in New Jersey worth going to see anyway.

I am making it a point to never go to NJ.... not that they will miss my paltry $50/month allowance anyway.
BrianInPA and Peter Goldwing like this.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 AM

Year: 2009
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
I'm a target shooter... Used to hunt and was on an Aux Police force decades ago but just target shooting now... Mostly handgun but bust some clays on occasion...

Now living in Tennessee, there are no issues here with guns... Used to live in Illinois, a lot more restrictive than Tennessee... Heck, here in rural TN, we here the hunters all the time - no big deal, and my neighbor frequently test fires in the back yard 2 doors down...

Have my TN CC and have had it since I moved here although most of the time I don't carry...

My pride and joy is my custom M1911 Government .45ACP... .
WingRider101+ likes this.

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 04:25 PM

Year: 2008
Model: GL 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
I live in the most restrictive state in the nation
Im a refugee from Jersey here in Fl. I do conceal carry most of the time.
If it wasn't for family I would never step in NJ.
When I do I will not talk to the cops except my name and DOB. No need for anyone to search my car or ask me other questions.If you divulge any other info you'll run into trouble even if you have a gun the legal way.Keep it simple

I make sense all the time. The problem is you only listen intermittently

Follow me on the spot

post #15 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 04:30 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
I envy all of you people in 2nd amendment states! I live in the most restrictive state in the nation and it just got even more so in the last election, 100% totally democrats now. Welcome to NJ. Never even think of bringing your carry weapon here!!! I have my share of guns but just going to the range here is a nightmare. If you get stopped you basically have to tell the police that you do not give them permission to search the vehicle and then you call your US Lawshield lawyer because anything they find they will confiscate, legal or otherwise. I hate it because I have always been one to be straight up with the police but I have even been told by some former officers that with todays new crop of young officers that at least in NJ that is NOT what you want to do. It IS legal to transport weapons to the range in cases, locked and unloaded and separate from the ammo. BUT, They will make it a big deal for you if they think they can. So never, ever ride through NJ with your weapon.
Kind of sounds like living in nazi Germany or the USSR.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #16 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:40 PM

Year: 1998
Model: GL1500 SE
Pretty close, pretty close. Did I mention we have the highest property taxes and the highest insurance rates in the country also? I want to move but I can't afford to. It is so bad that you have to pay tolls on all of the bridges OUT of the state but it is free to come in.
post #17 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:44 PM

Year: 2009
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
Quote:
Pretty close, pretty close. Did I mention we have the highest property taxes and the highest insurance rates in the country also? I want to move but I can't afford to. It is so bad that you have to pay tolls on all of the bridges OUT of the state but it is free to come in.
Sounds a bit like Illinois and the taxes and gun regulations we had for years... No more here in Tennessee!!

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

post #18 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 10:55 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
No Pictures yet Guy's?? I'm disappointed!!!!!

Ok then I'll start with 2 of mine!! The first pic is a 9mm P95DC Ruger I bought for my wife when she was getting uncomfortable about break-ins near our house up in Marion. There is nothing fancy about this gun but it IS very accurate up to 20 yards or so, maybe a bit further depending on the shooter, and reliable as all get out!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1628 resize.jpg (443.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1629 resize.jpg (425.8 KB, 10 views)
Shooter and DaveO430 like this.

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
post #19 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 11:19 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Next up we have my Pride and Joy!! I've owned some .357 Magnum's and .44's over the years but those can't compare to the Model 500 S&W Magnum I bought a few years back!! She came with an 8-3/8" barrel with the interchangeable compensator and is a Real Hoot to take to the range!! So far I've shot the gun with the 270gr Vital Shok Federal, 350gr Winchester Reduced Recoil, 400gr Winchester Platinum Tips, and the 500gr Hornady XTP's. The most "solid straight back at'cha" kick was the 500gr Hornady. About a 4-5" rise on the barrel when fired and like I said: Solid but smooth and controllable!! About 10 rounds is all you want to fire.. The worst of the bunch was the 270gr Federal!!! A very sharp kick that had the barrel rise up to 8 inches or so!! The gun shop where I bought the gun gave me some rounds and there was about 6 of those rounds included. I've still got 5...

Which brings me to my Favorite: The 350gr Winchester! THAT is the round the gun Likes!!!! About 2"-3" of barrel rise and a very moderate, smooth kick!! And since the rounds for this Beastie are about $3.00 each I bought a reloading press and started rolling my own for about $.35-$.85 per round loaded to the 350gr Winchester spec's!! You can fire 100 rounds and be looking for more ammo with this round!! It shoot's that comfortably!!

Here's some pic's...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1591 resize.jpg (289.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1598 resize.jpg (432.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1601 resize.jpg (438.2 KB, 6 views)
LarryC, DaveO430 and dwade like this.

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
post #20 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I bought the 9mm Ruger LC9s simply because out of all the guns in the case before me, it was the only one that was slender enough to drop in my pocket without "pocket printing"

and, at the same time, big enough to fit my hand comfortably.

So far, I have only shot ball nose target rounds through it, and it stays fairly level.
( But, I have not observed that action with a video camera to measure the barrel rise, I am comparing this with how my .45ACP Highpoint (1911 style) auto rises when I shoot it ) and it is twice as heavy as the LC9s or more. )

I bought a very slender little pocket holster to keep the LC9s trigger from being activated by accident.
But, personally, I keep the slide locked all the time.....

I figure if I am going to ever pull it, my thumb fits the slide lock very comfortably and it can be unlocked instantly.... I will never be in a position to try a "Quick Draw McDraw" feat anyway.
If it ever comes out, I will hopefully be in a position where I am not observed...

Having never been a LEO, nor Active Military in Action, I've never been faced with " WTH do I do now " thoughts.

----------
I have allowed my U.S. Lawshield insurance to expire, and quit carrying, because after attending several of the seminars they presented, it became obvious that we are the one going straight to jail and need a lawyer, instead of the felon in most cases.

It also became obvious "in my mind", that the only time I will be able to use it in a defensive action is in my home, and if an intruder has come into my home, and I am able to use the "Castle Doctrine" to remove the problem of "who is the offender" in the eyes of the law.

My daughter and I have been of the opinion, that we will try to be observant, and not put ourselves into a situation where we would need to use a weapon....

( yeah, a lot of victims in Quick Stop stores have proven they wish they had a weapon )

but, would they have been of a mind to use it, or even seen the perp in the first place?

I walk the isles of stores, with my Rear View visor in action all the time...
Being aware of my environment, is my best protection IMO.

With my upcoming trip to Florida to the Southeast Meet 'n Greet in March, I am debating on even taking my LC9s on that trip.... I would have to renew my U.S. Lawshield insurance if I do... and as we intend to swing through Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina... and potentially more north on the way home......... I have not read the rule book on reciprocity to see which states I can do that legally in anyway.

Guess I am just not paranoid enough to think I need it with me all the time.
I am 75, and never once, been in a situation to even think I could use a CCW with me.

~ John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Guns & Ammo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page