Let's talk Guns, Ammo, Holsters, and clean language - Page 6 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:27 PM

Year: 1998
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500 SE
Winter got here with single digit temps and 40 MPH winds. I was going to go to the range but then I realized I am not 25 years old and impervious to the cold anymore! I will sit here in front of the fire and wait for spring. Or at least something that resembles it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:40 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
Winter got here with single digit temps and 40 MPH winds. I was going to go to the range but then I realized I am not 25 years old and impervious to the cold anymore! I will sit here in front of the fire and wait for spring. Or at least something that resembles it.
No indoor ranges around there?? There's one near me but I can't really get any use outta my 500 there due to the range not allowing the use of re-loads... I might take my Ruger over there though to practice and save my nickels to buy a couple box's of the 500gr Hornady's so's I can use both while I'm there!! They rent full automatic's there so they shouldn't have any problem with the racket my Smith will make...

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
post #53 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:27 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
I like doing my own thing too much to use an indoor range & I haven't bought any factory ammo in years & don't plan to. Luckily it's not often I get bad weather for very long. I have my own range and it's just 100' from my reloading room so I can try something and if I don't like the results I can in just a few minutes try something else.
Shooter, LarryC, AZgl1800 and 4 others like this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 06:06 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Aspencade
I am very thankful that Indiana is a pro-2A state. I am also thankful that I live in the sticks and have enough ground to have a safe place to shoot. My favorite carry is my Dan Wesson 15-2 and my backup for when I don't dress enough to hide the revolver is Ruger Lc9s. Both my wife and shoot but she doesn't carry as she doesn't think she could shoot anyone so it better that she doesn't. Have several more pistols and several long guns from .22 up to .300 WinMag and a couple scatter guns. I love hunt and use both archery and guns to get what we need for meat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #55 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:02 AM
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade View Post
I am very thankful that Indiana is a pro-2A state. I am also thankful that I live in the sticks and have enough ground to have a safe place to shoot. My favorite carry is my Dan Wesson 15-2 and my backup for when I don't dress enough to hide the revolver is Ruger Lc9s. Both my wife and shoot but she doesn't carry as she doesn't think she could shoot anyone so it better that she doesn't. Have several more pistols and several long guns from .22 up to .300 WinMag and a couple scatter guns. I love hunt and use both archery and guns to get what we need for meat.

And you have another essential item. Don't ever go anywhere without a knife. I feel naked without one.
dwade and AzHonda like this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

post #56 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:09 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Aspencade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
And you have another essential item. Don't ever go anywhere without a knife. I feel naked without one.
Always.... two of them. The Spyderco and a little Case 3 blade pocket knife.

post #57 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 01:18 PM

Year: 2008
Model: GL1800
Peter,
This is something I found on the net....good, bad or ugly you should do some additional research. However, I don't see how you can ship a handgun to yourself without being an FFL holder.

According to the USPS guidelines for nonlicensees, “all regulated firearms must be mailed using a USPS product or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.” However, nonlicensed individuals cannot ship handguns or other “firearms capable of being concealed on the person.” Even if you’re shipping the handgun to an FFL holder, you will have to ship it through a contract carrier. The USPS will ship handguns only for official government, military and law enforcement agencies.

While UPS is often cited as a viable contract carrier for firearms, it isn’t really an option for a nonlicensed person shipping a firearm to another nonlicensed person even if you are shipping in state. UPS specifies that it accepts packages for transportation only:
  • between FFL holders,
  • from an FFL holder to an individual or
  • from an individual to an FFL holder.
That said, UPS accepts firearms only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account or UPS Customer Center. You must opt for delivery confirmation and an adult signature. While long guns can travel ground, UPS ships handguns only via UPS Next Day Air® services. UPS does not offer UPS Returns® Services for firearms.

FedEx has policies for shipping firearms that are quite similar to those of UPS. FedEx ships firearms between FFL holders and from nonlicensees to FFL holders. You must select the “Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option,” and firearms ship via FedEx’s Priority Overnight services.

Charlie
post #58 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 05:04 PM
mod-erator

Garage
My birthday present to me, the scope. Now I get to sight it in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44 scope 006.jpg (52.3 KB, 11 views)
AZgl1800, dwade and AzHonda like this.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

post #59 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
are you going to use a Red Dot laser to help sight it in?

NASR 12 in Galena, IL
June 18th, 19th and 20th of 2019

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ John
post #60 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:46 AM
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
are you going to use a Red Dot laser to help sight it in?
No, I don't have a bore sighter. It's just a matter of shooting at a large target at close range and adjusting to it then move to longer range.
AZgl1800, flylow and dwade like this.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Guns & Ammo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page